AutoVitals Reviews | Glassdoor

AutoVitals Reviews

Updated 20 Aug 2019

Found 33 reviews

2.9
AutoVitals CEO Uwe Kleinschmidt (no image)
Uwe Kleinschmidt

"Innovative and great place to work"

I have been working at AutoVitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Love the people that work at AutoVitals and everyone is hard working and dedicated to the craft. -Leading the automotive industry move into the 21st century by going digital. Lot's of hurdles to pass, but it hasn't stopped us from innovating or allowing other companies to catch up. - Cutting edge. No time to stop innovation and stop growing. - Leadership cares and is willing to work with you to improve and... grow as a person.

Cons

There are times when you will have to work long hours to get projects done. But once they are done...you feel accomplished.

AutoVitals2018-12-25

"Good starter job but don't stay long"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at AutoVitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Learn a lot quickly - Starting to adopt current industry tools (Slack, Asana) - Coworkers are good people

Cons

- Bad company culture, starts at the top with CEO - Micromanagement by managers and CEO - Lots of employee turnover - Unstable product - No raise structure and bad bonus structure - Office is OK - No full time HR professional

Advice to Management

Less micromanagement, trust your employees to do their job. Respect your employees as people by not berating them in public or private. Work to build a system that shows employee valuation through salary increase or an effective bonus structure.

AutoVitals2019-08-21
  3. "Sales"

I have been working at AutoVitals full-time

Pros

Progressive, leading edge technology, opportunity to work remotely, listens and reacts to customer issues, employee focused

Cons

none identified at this time

AutoVitals2018-11-09
  4. "Happy to be part of team"

Current Employee - Product Advisor in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AutoVitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to work remove and flexible. Very fast pace with lots of change. This keeps things interesting and no repetitive. Ability to promote within and advance. Excited to see where this start up company will go.

Cons

If you cannot adapt to change and not willing to charter the unknown, this is not the place for you. Too many interns/college grads hired that are not there to help the company grown or improve but there simply for a project and/or pay check.

Advice to Management

Continue on the path we are headed today. Hiring the right employees that can embrace change is the key. I would suggest listening a bit more to your current employees and a bit more hands on training for customer facing staff would be amazing. However, I'm happy and excited to be apart of the Avators!

AutoVitals2018-09-13

"GARBAGE COMPANY PSYCHO CEO"

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at AutoVitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

free muffins sometimes and dogs in office

Cons

CEO IS INSANE and berates all of his employees constantly The pay is about half of what normal companies provide Management is unfortunately super inexperienced has no idea what they are doing

Advice to Management

Go to the board and fire the CEO

AutoVitals2018-08-14

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Goleta, CA

I worked at AutoVitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

flexibility - ability to work from home. great experience in sales, but this is not a job with longevity--the vast majority of sales people are out before a year.

Cons

some would say, hostile work environment. i think everyone has respect for Uwe, the CEO, but he can be a tyrant. communicating on the same level can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

the company is on a good track, invest more to make a less klunky product and it will be easier to sell and retention won't be an issue. find better ways to reward valuable employees. better benefits package! less mandatory meetings about nothing.

AutoVitals2018-06-22

"If you've worked at a start up, you'd know the game"

I have been working at AutoVitals full-time

Pros

Has the exciting things that a start up would have: Food and snacks in the kitchen Brewery to go to around the corner Lax environment and co-workers Dog friendly Team bonding activities Fairly quick advancement in position (if you do your job and go above and beyond) Good benefits

Cons

Has the typical downsides of a start up: Needs improvement on organization Needs improvement on management or people being put on management Needs improvement in processes Needs improvement in support If you want something changed, you really need to step up to make that happen and not just complain about it (This is not necessarily a con, it's more of a comment, but at the same time, it shouldn't be that... hard to be heard by management)

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees more, not just hear them. Practice our core values more. We have a good mission statement and core values , but these need to be applied habitually, not just conceptually. "75% of workers who voluntarily left their jobs did so because of their bosses and not the position or pay itself." -The Gallup

AutoVitals2018-04-17

"Not ideal"

I worked at AutoVitals part-time

Pros

Low accountability, moves very slowly

Cons

Regressive management, not individually motivational

Advice to Management

Focus less on marketing and more on the product + support

AutoVitals2017-10-26

November 8, 2017AV Culture Team

Thank you for your feedback. It doesn't seem you and AutoVitals were a great match to start If, low accountability and moving slow are considered pros. One of our 4 core values is accountability, we stress this crucial aspect of our business and team. As far as moving slow, we have ...

""One step forward, but three steps back""

I have been working at AutoVitals full-time

Pros

A lot of opportunities to learn new skills and transition into different roles "Unlimited" PTO Snacks and catered meals Dog friendly Web Presence Team! Amazing employees (present and past)

Cons

-CEO & Management run the company as a dictatorship - lack of employee inclusion and input -No formal HR -Employees undervalued & underpaid -Core Values & Company Culture do not have anything to do with internal empathy and employee appreciation -Division amongst departments. -Lack of internal training - new hires -Lack of transparency -Lack of system stability -Not many Holidays off (3)

Advice to Management

-When employees have concerns/issues they are reaching out for help and do not always have a solution. Work with them to find a solution. - Value & Award the talent you do have. -Clearly define management and employee roles, duties, responsibilities, and expectations -Hire an HR specialist/department

AutoVitals2017-09-20

November 8, 2017AV Culture Team

Thank you for your feedback, We agree that our employees are awesome and are very sorry our attempts to show appreciation to them are not seen by all. At AutoVitals hard work and persistence is always rewarded and appreciated. We don't hand out or give salaries, people earn them based ...

"Great for an internship, but don't make it a career"

I have been working at AutoVitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fantastic opportunity for someone looking to get their feet wet, especially if you are interested in software development or technology. They often hire interns or temp employees to work as support for different departments with some opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Company culture of finger-pointing and intimidation, and the management is a complete mess. It's difficult to find documentation on important company information or even get clear answers at times.

Advice to Management

Everybody needs to be on the same page if the company is going to be successful.

AutoVitals2017-09-21

November 8, 2017AV Culture Team

Thank you for your feedback, We agree that everybody needs to be in the same book, but many people operate in many roles as you know and some don't always overlap so not in all cases are we on the same page. Alignment with your manager is a critical successfactor and that is a two ...

Found 33 reviews