Axcess Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
A. David Davis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Challenging work, rewarding pay and work/life balance and culture is on the mend (in 6 reviews)

• Great place, great people, fun times (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No accountability from upper management (in 15 reviews)

• Stressful with no work life balance (in 6 reviews)

1. "A Lot of Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunities to grow professionally and experience a wide variety of situations.

Cons

There are a lot of initiatives begun and a lot of money spent on them, only to be scrapped months later with nothing to show for it. Even restructuring our corporate teams over the last year and a half have not fixed the issues that have been plaguing the field.

Advice to Management

Invest time and resources into both information technology and human capital- if we want to continue leading the industry, we actually need the people and infrastructure in place to do so.

2. "Moving In A Positive Direction"

Current Employee - Director, Operations Strategy, Analytics & Reporting in Fairfield, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture - mutual respect and inclusion within leadership team
    Limited bureaucracy - mid size, but small company feel
    Relatively quick turnaround on key initiatives to see results
    Generally positive attitudes across management

Cons

Legacy systems & databases are "clunky", but they're being upgraded now
    Compensation is about average for the industry
    Benefits slightly below average for the industry (e.g. 401K 6-month "hold")

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding top talent and performance in the short-medium term
    Improve the longer term vision and reward structure for employees
    Improve the succession plans for the back fill of key roles
    Create contingency plans for alternative support of key business initiatives

3. "Great Pay, but they don't care about you"

Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Blue Ash, OH
    Current Employee - Bilingual Customer Service Representative in Blue Ash, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay, Good software to use for customer service

Cons

I didn't really agree what the company was doing, and they had absolutely no qualms about firing employees. One girl had a flight cancelled due to one of the largest snowstorms in the south ever so she missed 2 more days than she was allotted for the quarter and they fired her without any discussion at all.

4. "I would not recommend"

Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Accounting Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment and a good work/life balance

Cons

The managers within the departments do not provide proper training and expect you to know as much as they do although they don't train you efficiently. Managers play favorites and set unrealistic benchmarks. Upper management does not communicate with the people on the bottom and there is little to no room for upper movement. And not to mention they go through multiple reorgs a year. I would not recommend this company to anyone trying to be successful.

Advice to Management

Develop an actual training program so people can do their jobs correctly and upper management needs to communicate with the people on the bottom.

Jun 8, 2017 – President

Although we’re disappointed that you don’t recommend us, we’re glad that you enjoyed the flexible work environment and good work/life balance during your time with Axcess. We recognize that training... More

5. "Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Store Manager in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ability to help people who do not meet the requirements for a prime lending institution.

Cons

Very little degree of autonomy when dealing with requirements.

Apr 25, 2017 – Division Vice President

We’re pleased that you recommend us as an employer – and we agree that it’s rewarding to help people who may have limited borrowing options. In a highly regulated industry such as ours, we believe... More

6. "Corporate Manager"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Axcess Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Axcess is full of a lot of great people - talented, friendly, diverse. Because of these people you can definitely learn a lot by working at Axcess.
    Axcess is a company full of opportunity for every employee. You are able (actually encouraged) to step out and try something new to expand your skills. This creates an environment of excitement and enrichment. I have learned a ton and taken some big steps in my career due to my time at Axcess.
    The company is making a big effort in improving communications, recognizing hard-working employees and implementing training opportunities - which all goes a long way.

Cons

The culture and environment depends highly on your manager. You can find some very different cultures within the same company.
    If you are someone with a good work ethic, they take that for all they can. This can lead to great opportunity for the employee, but also leads to burn out and exhaustion. It is a great job for 2-4 years, but much longer than that and people start to experience burn-out and a salty attitude.
    Our systems are in need of extensive updates which causes a very inefficient environment and a ton of road blocks - however upper management seems to be making some big investments in fixing these issues.

Advice to Management

You are making a lot of positive movement but there is still a long way to go.
    Pick a strategy and stick with it. The amount of fire drills and last minute changes create huge inefficiencies in your workforce.
    Pay more attention to rolling out new policies, practices and systems. This has not been done well in the past and leads to a lot of confusion and frustration.
    Lose the drama and politics - let people do their jobs.

Apr 25, 2017 – President

We agree that Axcess has talented people – as well as a culture in which people are encouraged to seek out and seize opportunities. It’s great to see that you’ve had a positive experience overall... More

"Experienced professionals should carefully consider and reconsider before joining this company."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of restructuring could create new opportunities; I worked with some great people there, and even with the high turnover, the company is on track, financially, to be an industry leader.

Cons

Lots of restructuring and not including good employees in decisions that directly affect their jobs. You just never know, when you come in to work on any given day, what changes have been made to your job--and you may have never known that change was even being considered; even if it was for the better, good employees at professional levels, should be included in discussions. Professionals are often treated as if they are expendable lower level, less experienced employees. Nothing demotivates good people more than this type of treatment.

Advice to Management

Take good care of experienced, highly competent professionals, and they will take good care of the company. If not, they'll find somewhere else to make their contributions. It happens so often at Axcess Financial.

Apr 6, 2017 – President

We couldn’t agree more that the opportunity to work alongside great people is one of the perks of being on the Axcess Financial team. Although we have been through some restructuring, our... More

"Financial Analyst II"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No job security. The company is planning on hiring now because they think the Trump administration will be more favorable to them. That's a stretch because 12 months ago these jobs were let go to the "regulatory environment." All the good workers went to GE or Vantiv

Cons

No accountability from upper management. Throwing people under the bus lead to major in-flighting and those people won. Major positions that wouldn't stand for it lost their job (Controller,CFO).

Advice to Management

Upper upper management really only cares about lobbying and doesn't care about the management of the company. Lower management is really just cast offs that couldn't cut it at major companies. The good managers have already left for GE, Cintas, or Vantiv.

Jun 8, 2017 – President

At Axcess, we’re very proud of our managers – and all of our associates, for that matter. They come from a diverse range of professions and backgrounds, and they were hired because they’re great at... More

"Soul Sucking"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and not that difficult to do. He managers are generally nice people and my coworkers were great.

Cons

I was a call center rep for the Why Not Lease It program. I found it a bit unethical. Mostly because the Sears reps that were selling it to customers were not honest about the program because they got commission for every person they signed up. But then, when the lease was coming to an end, we would get calls from customers wanting to close out and they had no idea that they would be paying more for the item than what it was advertised. It was basically a scam because the customer couldn't do anything about it once they found out.

Advice to Management

Make all customers aware of exactly what they're getting.

"Tough place to work."

Former Employee - Director in Kenwood, Harrison, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Kenwood, Harrison, OH

I worked at Axcess Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A lot of good people trying to do good things.

Cons

The business model is focused on taking advantage of people.

Apr 6, 2017 – Division Vice President

We agree that our associates are great – and they come to work striving to accomplish good things every day. It’s unfortunate that you left with a not-so-favorable view of the purpose of our business... More