Axiom Technology Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Business Strategist"

Current Employee - Business Strategist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Strategist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've spent about a year at Axiom working in their emerging technologies practice and its been a great workplace. The leadership is extremely forward thinking and is always supporting emerging technology initiatives. The culture is tight-knit and fun.

I also appreciate the flexibility and autonomy that I get while completing my deliverables. Our leaders motivate us and we are very often appreciated and recognized for our efforts! My team has a 360 degree and immediate feedback culture, where we don't wait till annual performance reviews to give and receive feedback. We also have a flexible workplace where employees can work remotely on certain days depending on their respective team's schedules.

Overall, the people and culture is what keeps me at Axiom!

Cons

As a mid sized company that is rapidly expanding into newer practices, we're encountering growing pains. That being said, the transparency and top-down communication helps the entire team see the big picture and work towards a common goal.

"Some nice people, but horribly run"

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time

Pros

You get to wear jeans on Fridays.

Cons

Toxic environment. High turnover. CEO and Principal are very unprofessional and gossip about other employees. Principal tries to micromanage everything. Benefits are terrible - only 11 days of PTO and 2 sick days; medical insurance is highly expensive because the company barely pays anything; no matching 401K; no paid maternity leave. You can work from home occasionally, but your activities while working from home will be put under a microscope. They try and get away with very illegal/unethical things. Principal always refers to how things were done 20 years ago. No formal review process because they don't want to give out an annual raise. They say that all these good things are going to happen and then nothing does. Everyone who works here is miserable and looking for a way out. You will be told to do a bunch of research and plan something, so you do and then come to find out that they will not pay for it. They are extremely cheap.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees

3. "Worst Employer of My Career"

I worked at Axiom Technology Group full-time

Pros

I don't work there anymore.

Cons

When I reported to the CEO, he spoke to me once or twice a month at most. I supervised a team of Recruiters who "hated" working there and because there was very little actual executive leadership, these Recruiters undermined me and disregarded my leadership. When I began to report to another "manager", I realized quickly that he is a bully and a bona fide workplace thug. It was all I could do to keep my fist in my pocket when he yelled at me or attempted to humiliate me in front of others.

Sex. The leadership at this company loves to talk about sex and loves to hire based on one's sex/gender. As told to me multiple times by the members of the leadership team, they want to hire "young", "sexy", "beautiful", "white" women to sell their staffing services and solutions. My attorney is in the process of suing this company for age and sex-based discrimination. When employed, I thought of putting on a blonde wig and a mini-skirt in hopes of being recognized for my skills and ability to contribute to the company.

Finally. Integrity. I lost track of the damaging lies that came out of the mouth from ALL members of the leadership team during my time there.

Advice to Management

I guess keep doing what my Dad says you're doing....treating employees like "second-class citizens". Breaking employment laws. And getting rich off of the backs of those who do your work.

"I Wouldn't Send My Worst Enemy Here"

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A flexible schedule and occasionally working from your home are the only pros.

Cons

Terrible management. This "group" is not forward thinking whatsoever. The principal constantly refers to the way things were done 20 years ago and refuses to get with the times. They look to hire new talent to "implement new practices," and will tell you how they're adding many new clients, new business, and business is growing so fast, only the continue doing things the same way they've been doing them.

Extremely micromanaged and there's no trust between management and subordinates. The principal walks around the office non-stop and it's both unsettling and uncomfortable. It makes employees feel like they're always being watched and can't be trusted with their tasks. The principal will "ask you how you're doing," only to blatantly stare at your computer and not listen to a word your saying.

They make promises in your interview to suck you in, but will not fulfill those promises.

No transparency and huge lack of communication from top to bottom. Management is unresponsive to all queries.

Very hard to complete tasks because the Manager of Strategy and Finance is rooted in every department and needs to approve all assignments. The problem with this is that it's extremely hard to meet with him, speak to him, or finish projects because he's pulled in multiple directions: he manages recruiting, sales, business development, accounting, marketing, and legal.

Doesn't value talent. They look at everyone as replaceable.

No formal structure/hierarchy.

No training program.

No processes.

High turnover.

Extremely cheap and below average pay.

Makes false promises.

Horrible benefits - Even the principal has said their healthcare program is awful, yet they don't change it (because they don't care about their employees and only want to save money). A phrase frequently mentioned by the principal, "costs are very high right now."

No room for growth or career advancement.

No recognition for your work. As odd as it is, they don't believe in congratulating employees or giving pats on the back.

Not a team environment.

Always looking to do things the cheapest way, without concern for quality.

Advice to Management

Create processes and training programs.

Trust, listen to, and value your employee's.

Stop lying to your employee's and interviewee's.

Improve your benefits.

Eliminate micromanagement.

Increase pay.

Communicate effectively.

Take risks and try new things instead of doing the same things.

Stop spreading yourselves so thin.

Recognize employee's hard work.

Fire the principal.

5. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Networking Engineer - IT Services Practice in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employee friendly company
    Remarkable transparency across orgs and teams.
    Has a lot of projects and opportunities to scale
    Great employee benefits
    Axiom is constantly adapting to the changing business climate and producing value based products and services. Challenging work, competitive compensation and benefits.

Cons

Not much to mention here.

Advice to Management

More training for domain specific roles.

6. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time

Pros

Friendly HR/Immigration/Finance/CEO.
    Good response time For queries.

Cons

Need to be aggressive for contracts

7. "Technical Manager"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good work culture.
    Friendly HR and Immigration teams.
    Reachability to leadership up to CEO
    Ideas are encouraged and funded quickly.
    **NO POLITICS.**

Cons

- Lack of communication to employees about the organizational goals and aligning the employees across globe towards those goals. Missing the "big picture".
    - Needs improvement in getting new contracts. It seems to be getting better.

8. "It gets better and better.."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group (Less than a year)

Pros

AXIOM Technology Group only gets better as we have added more talent, and grown our base in the market. ATG is a wonderful and dynamic place to work with opportunities for growth and leadership in an extremely fast moving market place.

Cons

Keek the focus and current trajectory!

9. "Excellent Career Growth Opportunity"

I have been working at Axiom Technology Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Joining Axiom Technology group was one of the best decisions I have taken in my career.

I am part of the Axiom BPM practice, and they have given me ample opportunity to learn and grow. Getting the opportunity to work with the Axiom BPM director was definitely an opportunity of life time.

I have had positive experience with all departments in Axiom. They have good Human Resource Management practices, strong legal team and a supportive leadership team who are always there to help.

Cons

I haven't experienced any till now.

"Seeking New Opportunities... and so is everyone else."

Pros

They'll try to use tons of money to get new talent but do not follow through on what they have promised, such as bonuses (even if it is in signed contract). While employees who have been there for years do not see increases. No yearly increases.

Cons

"If you're not married you should be working 12 hour days"
    "I wish we could only hire men so our insurance would be cheaper"
    "We didn't think you could work in technology because you're not a man"
    "I don't tell people when I'm coming in to keep them on their toes"
    "You only have to follow 1/3 of the laws"
    Ranking team members by how smart they are
    "You're smart... for a girl"

Advice to Management

Get your act together
    Have trust in your employees
    Build internal structure
    Follow through on promises
    Focus on transparency and alignment