BAART Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Job"

Former Employee - Maintenance Counselor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Counselor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BAART full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good hours, yearly pay increases (based on performance), Paid Holidays, good benefits & room for advancement. The clients were a lot of fun and my experience with them was life changing. We had a good time.
    I loved working for this organization. In the 9 years I'd worked there Management, including Medical Staff, Mental Health staff and even Barb, ALWAYS made time for my questions as well as my complaints. This is only my experience and I'm aware not all have the same view. We did experience changes due to the company merger but things in life change and it's important to adapt. Working with the clients and many of the staff was a wonderful experience for me. We had many catered parties and are eligible for a monthly bonuses if meeting requirements. We had individual offices and unlimited coffee, and Tea.Trainings are provided on the company website which we could access at anytime if we had questions. We also were given and/or had access to a Training and Instruction Booklet made by our Lead Counselor. NO one group of staff makes money for this Organization and it is arrogant to think so. It's a group effort by all the employees... from the Cleaning Crews to the Investors.

Cons

We had some incredibly ungrateful staff who had been swept up by their own cynicism and spread it around to new staff/ clients and anyone willing to listen.

Advice to Management

This is to The National Support Center...TAKE THE CAP OFF OF YOUR PAY INCREASES and do not eliminate the life insurance from your elderly employees.Continue the yearly incentives and pay increases.
    Allow staff to invest in the company.
    Have motivational speakers to keep staff positive and make it legal to fire Staff for spreading ongoing negative behavior/comments about staff, management and the company. THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. Get rid of those fools! 👎🏽

2. "LVN"

Current Employee - LVN in Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - LVN in Fresno, CA

I have been working at BAART part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most locations are open early in the AM and close before 3pm.

Cons

Pay increases are rare. Hours can be hard to get if Per Diem.

"Great Career for the Soul"

Current Employee - Counseling Supervisor in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Counseling Supervisor in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at BAART full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work hours 6-2pm
    Excellent opportunity to gain experience
    meaningful job
    Learn to work with Patients, Doctors and nurses in Methadone

Cons

Profit Driven
    Impersonal at times
    New company rules and regulations are overwhelming to staff

Advice to Management

Train Management to deal with patient relations in a helpful way. Too many individuals in Management are driven by patient retention issues and profits and are less worried about Quality Patient Care as it once was.

"sold us out"

I have been working at BAART full-time

Pros

giving back and helping those that need and appreciate it

Cons

sold out to investment corporation and the employees no longer mater let alone the patients.under paid for the amount of work. focus is on cutting costs. not on patients or employees well being. very few paid holidays and horrible medical benefits

Advice to Management

stop trying to save money for your selves and pay the people that actually make this thing work the money they are worth. raise the hourly wages to meet current cost of living and return the Kaiser benefits.

"Counselor"

Current Employee - Maintenance Counselor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Counselor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BAART full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with some of the best people on earth. People dedicated to making a difference with clientele that most have given up on and it shows with their smiles. Early hours, time off in the day to run errands.

Cons

Since buyout it has become a dungeon. No staff meetings, Director hides, No medical director for 18 months. staff turnover is pathetic, average of 2 a month leave. Investment firm bought BAART and MEDMARK, spend lots of money telling staff how great they are and disrespect staff with changing insurance carriers and not even a Christmas card when we used to get two weeks pay as a bonus. The stock holders and upper management got bonuses.Not the real money makers for the company.

Advice to Management

Remember who meets with the patients and who actually keeps the patients here. Stop treating the staff like robots that are replaceable easily, they aren't. Retention is your goal and its the counselors that keep them coming back. Give up and sell, People are not assembly-line so your cost cutting and cheapness will only cost you in the end.

6. "BayMark has ruined an already bad system."

Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BAART full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The remaining counseling staff is dedicated, compassionate and committed to the clients. Great learning experience for professional addiction counselor, MFT or MSW.

Cons

Most clinics have been working without a full time doctor on site for over a year. Turnover is at an all time high. Leadership is absent most of the work day and when present unavailable. Parent company changed healthcare to Cigna INO, eliminated bonuses, cutback security, and eliminated annual calendars to save money. Billable units are the only priority. Some counselors are committing fraud but get their units so the company turns a blind eye to the fraud. No staff meetings, supervision or support offered.

Advice to Management

Get serious about hiring good people and pay them what they are worth. Unskilled people don't make money. Experienced, trained staff make money.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BAART full-time

Pros

Delivers much needed service to very needy population. The company is very dedicated to the mission. Great colleagues!

Cons

Salaries are lagging behind, but they have good benefits. Recently merged with another company - hoping this creates positive changes for employees. Remains to be seen.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees.

8. "lvm"

Pros

get off early enough to enjoy the day

Cons

pt's are rude and sometimes very disrespectful. management does very little

"Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in Durham, NC

I worked at BAART full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with clients who are using OMT to change their lives for the better.

Cons

Lots of pressure to make units for billing and received no support from higher up to make job more manageable. Office culture absorbed the symptoms of the clients - therefore employees became distrusting, disrespectful, vindictive, and hostile to one another. The other counselors seemed not to enjoy working with the clients.

Advice to Management

Address toxic work culture and hire effective managers who inspire staff to do great.

10. "BILLING"

Pros

Working seven hours a day. Salary is on the market rate. There is good opportunity to learn and advancement.

Cons

I really don't find any cons.