BPM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Jim Wallace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work-life balance is great for a public accounting firm mostly because the firm strives to be flexible (in 11 reviews)

• You get the sense that for a public accounting firm, everyone from the CEO to the associates truly care about each other and the success of the firm (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life balance is not the best (in 14 reviews)

• In general, long hours that come with being in public accounting (in 9 reviews)

1. "Tax Internship"

Pros

Great Company Culture that invests in its employees! As a firm they truly want you to be successful

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the firm!

2. "Great Experience"

I worked at BPM full-time

Pros

Like minded people who are willing to work hard

Cons

Lots of layoffs and long hours

"Best Public Accounting Firm to Work For"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at BPM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Because People Matter - the motto - rings true through the day to day interactions of co-workers, management, inter department and client relationships. The amount of "care" people bring to their jobs and to their relationships with clients and each other has created an environment that allows employees the opportunity to navigate a fulfilling and fruitful career if they want to in public accounting.

The ability to change - in 6 years the company has updated their benefits, turned to jeans as the dresscode, built kitchens with snacks and drinks, thrown some amazing parties and annual meetings, launched an fully functional wellness program, brought on interesting clients, developed a corporate university, launched 3 new practice lines, opened an office in India...the list goes on. The point is, if someone has an idea, they bring it up, it's discussed & measured and if it makes sense, quickly implemented. The ability to make change successful is a huge secret that keeps the firm competitive.

Experience - BPM is made up of CPA's and professionals from all walks of life: homegrown, Big 4, Regional, specialty shops, etc. This creates a dynamic workforce and network. Some of the most intelligent people I have met work for BPM.

The HR Department - an often overlooked group in public accounting firms. BPM's HR department has goals that are in line with the overall firm goals and constantly strives to makes the lives of the employees better. They have their act together and as stated earlier can make changes that impact the wellness of the firm quickly.

Flexibility - no yoga classes yet, but you can work from home, work from one of 5 offices, working remote in most cases is ok. This depends on the nature of your job, but having that flexibility and autonomy allowed me to do my job and my life.

Cons

Public accounting vs. tech companies or industry - Yes, my friends, BPM is a public accounting firm and there are aspects of client service careers that you will never get away from. Choose if this is a con for you or not. In comparison, it is better than Big 4 and some national and regional firms when you're talking autonomy, hours, and ability to navigate your career.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating often and regularly.
    Don't get rid of the Irish Coffee Party...EVER.

"Great Public Accounting Firm"

Current Employee - Assurance Supervisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assurance Supervisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BPM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to variety of clients and industries, emphasis on employee wellness and development, snacks, decent benefits for singles, room for career growth within the firm.

Cons

If you don't speak up about your contributions, you could be overlooked. Coaching is not consistent across managers. Not as many large, PCAOB clients; as such, engagements are generally smaller with quicker turnarounds for the company to remain profitable.

Advice to Management

Better coaching training, or emphasis on designated coaching time. I've had the benefit of aligning myself with a good coach, but I've seen employees get overlooked.

5. "Talent Acquisition"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BPM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been really happy working at BPM. You are surrounded by smart, hard-working colleagues who contribute to a very positive work environment. Leadership has been accessible and easy to communicate with. I would definitely recommend BPM as an employer.

Cons

Hard to communicate with other offices.

"Good Firm"

Current Employee - Assurance Associate in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Assurance Associate in San Jose, CA

I have been working at BPM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

summer hours, competitive entry level pay, good holidays

Cons

Client travel, busy season, stated work life balance policies that are inaccessible to staff level

7. "BPM Culture review"

I have been working at BPM full-time

Pros

Very supportive, family oriented company that does the right thing.

Cons

Like any company they can get caught up in busy times and put people through a grind but this generally doesn't last too long.

Advice to Management

Overall solid company, keep up supporting career growth of younger staff.

"great team"

I have been working at BPM full-time

Pros

expose to different business sectors

Cons

no structure in training and feedbacks are not always given

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Assurance Senior in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Assurance Senior in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at BPM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at BPM are second to none! It's not often that you get an opportunity to work with people you enjoy and respect.

Cons

It's public accounting so the hours are rough but much better than other firms (big four & other large regional firms)- I work 50-60 hours/week regularly.

Advice to Management

I think management does a good job of listening to employee feed back and administering a great work environment. My only advice is to improve benefits.

"Great People"

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

In general, long hours that come with being in public accounting.