BPM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BPM Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.5

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BPM.

Interview

Initial phone screen with hiring manager. The call lasted 30 minutes. All questions were fair and related to job experience and education. After the phone screen, I was invited to an on-site interview. I met with four BPM professionals (1 partner, 1 c-level, 1 manager, 1 recruiter). It was more of a discussion than it was an interview. Really enjoyed talking with each professional. After my interview, they reached back out in the timeframe agreed upon with feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous jobs/ experiences. Tell me about yourself. Why are you interested in this position. How did you hear about BPM?   Answer Question

Retirement Plan Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BPM (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR; phone interview with hiring manager, in person interview with team including mock client presentation. lunch with team afterwards...waited one month to get response... HR said they weren't interviewing for this position any more; position is still listed on multiple websites including glassdoor, bpm company website and others...

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about working for a manager who doesn't let you wear suits during client meetings, go on client meetings by yourself, is overall difficult to work with and has a derogatory finra broker check?   1 Answer
    • asked me about salary expectations   1 Answer
    • how would you feel about working with co-workers (in the same position) who within the last few years were in community college or working in a pet shop   1 Answer
    • Do a 30 minute presentation in front of a group and answer a bunch of asinine personality questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BPM (Santa Rosa, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The first interview was an on campus interview following a Meet the Firms event at my school. I met with an audit partner. The questions were mostly about getting to know me and why I chose BPM.
    The second interview was at the firm's office where I interviewed with two people, the questions were pretty much the same as before. No real behavioral questions.

Data Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BPM (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter by phone, Arranged for phone interview with hiring manager. Now I must say the recruiter in question did not assist in the interview process. Basic scheduling seemed to very difficult for this individual. Did not reflect well on the company.

Interview Questions

• What tech stills can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BPM in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR Recruiter. Great energy from HR, she asked about qualifications, skills and career goals. She explained the company history, outlook and future growth outlook. This was the first of several steps of the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at BPM (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview. Submitted my resume during the job fair event and the firm reached out to me by an email. Very nice people and felt comfortable during the interview. A partner and a recruiter from human resources department were there. Asked different types of questions but I wasn't prepared well enough to get through the interview process. Overall, I think it was a great experience.

Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BPM in February 2016.

Interview

Submitted application through school and had a Skype interview. It was pretty casual and the interviewer was friendly and engaging. I felt like it wasn't as formal as other interviews, maybe because it was for a leadership thing, not an actual internship.

Tax Staff A Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BPM (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Partners asked me question to determine whether I would be successful at the company. How I learned all my knowledge related to Taxation. How was I able to help them do taxation for C Corps, High Net Worth Individuals, Partnerships, LLPs, LLCs, S Corps, Estate, Trusts. How large of a company would be my best fit.

Interview Questions

• How was my Masters Program at San Jose State University   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BPM.

Interview

I had no warning as to how long the interview process would last. I was under the impression that it would be a short office visit, but it turned into a 4 hour long process with 6 interviewers. There were very invasive questions that I thought were not interview appropriate at all. One interviewer was using foul language during the interview which I felt was very inappropriate. The company was not a good fit for me at all. I am glad I visited the office though because now I know that Big 4 is the right place for me.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BPM in October 2015.

Interview

Had two rounds of interviews, the first interview took place on-campus at school (since I had found the opportunity through campus events) and the second one took place at the office. The first interview took about 30 minutes with two interviewers. The questions I was asked were based off of my experience listed on my resume. I was definitely nervous but it was not as bad as I thought it would be. They genuinely wanted to learn more about you. The second interview was with three different people, each lasting no more than half an hour. It was relatively straight forward, again no difficult questions. At the same time you were able to have a great conversation with the interviewers while they got to know more about you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What would you say is your biggest challenge?   Answer Question