Back2Basics Reviews | Glassdoor

Back2Basics Reviews

Updated Mar 15, 2018

Found 4 reviews

3.5
Back2Basics CEO Roy J. DuPrez M.Ed. (no image)
Roy J. DuPrez M.Ed.
  1. "Residential Tech and outdoor guide"

Former Employee - Tech and Guide in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Back2Basics full-time

Pros

B2B was a great place to get some hands on experience working with people who are struggling with alcohol and substance abuse. They gave me the opportunity to train in a field I studied for my bachelors. They paid for my wilderness first responder course and also helped with some of my tuition for school. Patient with my learning curve

Cons

I believe now looking back that I should have filled my cup back up off the clock. More rest and taking care of my self. I got burned out from working with this demographic and not doing my own personal work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing all the staff trainings and keep census where it's at. It's a good program but don't get too big you implode. I still see you guys volunteering or at meetings in the community and everyone is so nice.

Back2Basics2015-09-14
  2. "College Match Rep"

Former Employee - Telemarketer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Back2Basics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working at Back2learn is, the flow of the call center was good. The programs that we would do were easy to accomplished. We also were involved with high prospects known in the community. We were able to finish programs assigned to us on and before they were expected by our prospects.

Cons

Needed longer lunch breaks! The fact that you sit down eight hours out of the day is uncomfortable. We were giving two 15 min breaks, both were very needed to maybe take a walk or stretch. Sometime the systems would crash. that can take 0you out the zone depending the Assignment you were giving.

Advice to Management

Advise to management would be to open more opportunity for employers to possibly advance to management. It would b ring more confidence to the employer and also open up opportunity if read by an employer

Back2Basics2018-03-15
  3. "Fair not balanced"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Back2Basics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent program that actually helps people who suffer from moderate to severe addiction problems.

Cons

Employees are often over worked and rarely compensated fairly. The structure of management breeds hearsay and drama amongst all employees indcluding managers themselves.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your employees and you will see them sticking around for longer terms.

Back2Basics2015-08-19
  4. "Back to basics was an interactive, exciting, and fulling place to work in a beautiful part of Arizona."

Former Employee - Resident Supervisor in Flagstaff, AZ

I worked at Back2Basics full-time for more than a year

Pros

The activities you are able to participate in make it feel like you aren't working a real job. I was able to participate in hiking adventures, kayaking lessons, and multiple camping trips.

Cons

Not much room for growth or raises within the company.

Advice to Management

Be more present in daily activities and make it known that you are around for help, direction, and advice.

Back2Basics2013-08-14