Baker Triangle Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Steady work"

Former Employee - Drywall Mechanic in Kyle, TX
    Former Employee - Drywall Mechanic in Kyle, TX

I worked at Baker Triangle (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and steady work

Cons

It is Construction so... yea

2. "Ok Company"

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Baker Triangle full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Leadership is ok in most of the offices. Good work life balance. Some training company wide.

Cons

Micro-management. Questionable work ethics. Money is worth more that repeat business is the practice.

3. "It was an enjoyable experience."

Pros

I had a great deal of freedom in my personal work scope, as long as things were done on time and with accuracy.

Cons

Received no formal training with the software I was working with. However, this did force me to become very independent in my work, so wasn't totally a bad thing.

Advice to Management

Provide some more formal training.

4. "Nepotism to the extreme"

I have been working at Baker Triangle full-time

Pros

Stability (if you are a family member to the CEO)

Cons

Communication is lacking amount field offices and corporate offices and employees. Many employees lack basic computer skills in order to function in their positions. Employees are rude, disrespectful to each other and new comers. They do massive hiring and massive lay-offs with no regard to how it impacts families. The common attitude throughout the company is "keep things as they are, good ole boy mentality", no room for change, innovation, and basic respect.

Nepotism is a major issue with this company. Nepotism culture to the maximum. They look out for family and close friends and everyone else outside that category isn't secure. I also noticed a lot of office politics and favoritism. Many of the employees are unhappy and instead of going to management with their concerns, take it out on each other and are the most unprofessional people I've worked with in career. Management do what they want and play favoritism. They don't do annual reviews or annual raises. They are very political and you often get harass to sway a particular political persuasion with email blitz, signing petitions, and offensive language and tone to support the popular party at the time.

If you are looking for a rewarding career, that offers opportunities for growth, challenges, and that is rewarding, RUN don't walk this is not the company for you.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified employees and not only family members, train employees to keep up with technology and cross train. Offer some type of incentative like annual reviews and raise based on performances to keep good people and keep employees motivated.