KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 193 of over 212 reviews

4.3
Baringa Partners Managing Partner Adrian Bettridge
Adrian Bettridge
Pros
  • "The focus on culture is real and makes for a better environment than many consultancies(in 20 reviews)

• "Good understanding that being away from home can be a struggle from a work/life balance perspective(in 18 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Constant demand outstripping supply can lead to challenges in work / life balance - always busy(in 25 reviews)

• "A tier 2 consultancy (in financial services at least)(in 19 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 8, 2021 - Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

People oriented culture, high quality talent, competitive compensation

Cons

No cons to report now

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An amazing company and a great place to work

Dec 30, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The opportunities you get to develop yourself are excellent. Senior staff take a lot of time to give you feedback and help you improve your ways of working. The people you work with are very good at what they do and there are plenty of opportunities to learn from them. I find that I have developed rapidly since joining Baringa. - It's a great environment to develop your career. There are continuous opportunities to take on greater challenges and increase your responsibility within the firm. You can also get excellent career mentors at Baringa, who will challenge you and help you to push your career in the direction that you want to go. There are also four promotion rounds a year. - The social network and the support network you get at Baringa is incredible. We have an excellent work social life, with plenty of opportunities for fun. The teams that you work with also provide a lot of support to you make sure that you are getting the help you need to work well both off and on client site. - You can really shape the company with your own ideas and initiatives. Baringa is always on the look out for new opportunities, and if you have an area that you are passionate about or interested in Baringa is a great environment to pursue this.

Cons

- Baringa has been a bit slow to think 'global' as an organisation, despite now having offices in several countries (and continents!). Baringa is making progress in this area, but it should continue to think globally, in order to work effectively from an operational point of view and best serve its clients.

3. 5.0

Great company

Aug 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Client Base, Variety, Opportunity

Cons

Occasional out of town projects

Baringa Partners Response

Partner and People Lead

Thank you for your feedback – we’re proud of the company we’ve become, and we’re very happy you are too! It’s great to hear you feel you have opportunity at your disposal. This is something that we feel is very important for our Consultant population in order to allow for progression and development. We appreciate that at times the nature of consulting can often mean working out of town, and can be challenge. We like to think we support with this through our out of town policies which I hope help ease some of the pressure for you. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on us :)

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Awesome company

May 4, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

super awesome work very interesting great team

Cons

hardworking long hours hardworking long hours hardworking long hours hardworking long hours

5. 3.0

Some good some bad

Feb 22, 2021 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Within the sphere of consulting it’s quite a nice place to work and the hours are not necessarily too brutal. The managing partner is good imo he has some bite to him as well as charisma. When people on here talk of pay cuts etc I think the partners were prudent early on during COVID to make the cuts and have since paid it all back plus delayed bonuses. Company meetings and the generally friendly nature of the business are probably taken for granted and there is access to some good projects and clients although not all the time. You get involved in business development more here than other places and being less structured and more entrepreneurial it’s easier to find opportunities and you can get to promotion faster

Cons

There’s a good news culture and lack of openness to give critical feedback to employees or upwards or share failures - it’s not deliberate it’s just emerged I’m afraid.. There’s also a lack of structure and true expertise in many practices which can make for stressful projects as consultants figure out what to do on the job whilst simultaneously being positioned as SMEs or being sold into roles where they’re not really qualified. A lot of work is delivery and IT except for a few practices like energy - this again translates into not having people that really understand the market or are experts. As a consequence there are a lot of blaggers who get away with talking rubbish who would get found out at the big 4 etc. You will almost certainly get staffed on undesirable projects ......maybe that’s just consulting

6 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Great place to work

Jun 19, 2021 - Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stimulating projects and flexible working arrangements

Cons

Long hours and challenge of working across multiple timezones (especially challenging during AUS summer)

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great company, needs to focus on maintaining culture as it grows

May 21, 2021 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great people, never worked with such a fun and capable team. - Good flexibility to pursue new ideas, people are empowered to innovate and contribute in their own best way - Business strategy is excellent, really exciting growth prospects both in typical consulting and also some inspirational more niche areas such as climate change. - Overall the company is a brilliant place to work and build a career in consulting. I wouldn’t consider working at another consulting firm.

Cons

- Needs to really improve on dealing with toxic behaviour and poor performance, particularly at senior level - your culture is only as good as the worst behaviour leadership is willing to tolerate. - As the company grows, the company needs people are people not just resources, it’s a big part of what makes Baringa great

1 person found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Good place to work

Jun 7, 2021 - Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Care about employees and want to implement change, very meaningful work, good people

Cons

Relatively long hours in spite of efforts

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Non existing work life balance

Jun 5, 2021 - Finace Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

None. I did not have a positive experience with Baringa.

Cons

The most horrible work life balance ever. And I worked for two big 4 firms previously. Non existance of any proper symptoms. Imagine being an accountant and having a system that allows one sided entry. Totally against the fundamental of debit credit. Managing partners simply do not care about back office and support staff. We are treated like 3rd class citizens. Simply horrible

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Company that I would recommend to anyone

Mar 17, 2021 - Senior Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Perfect for self starters and people with ambition. You are expected to "do your own thing" and contribute across client delivery, internal company development and external business development. Fantastic leadership and people with the right attitude will support you if you ask them.

Cons

Consulting isn't for everyone and don't expect a 9-5. This is a company that expects a lot. People who don't succeed tend to be the ones who don't get involved, don't care and join for the wrong reasons. It is a fight for attention from the top, so don't expect that everyone listens to you from the get go. You need to push hard for your ideas to be considered and adopted.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 193 Reviews