Baringa Partners Reviews

Updated May 19, 2020

4.2
Baringa Partners Managing Partner Adrian Bettridge
Adrian Bettridge
Pros
  • "Good culture, people know each other more than in traditional consultancy(in 17 reviews)

• "Good understanding that being away from home can be a struggle from a work/life balance perspective(in 16 reviews)

1. "Great company"

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

Culture, Client Base, Variety, Opportunity

Cons

Occasional out of town projects

Baringa Partners2018-08-14

Baringa Partners Response

September 24, 2018Partner and People Lead

Thank you for your feedback – we’re proud of the company we’ve become, and we’re very happy you are too! It’s great to hear you feel you have opportunity at your disposal. This is something that we feel is very important for our Consultant population in order to allow for progression and development. We appreciate that at times the nature of consulting can often mean working out of town, and can be challenge. We like to think we support with this through our out of town policies which I hope help ease some of the pressure for you. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts on us :)

2. "An amazing company and a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The opportunities you get to develop yourself are excellent. Senior staff take a lot of time to give you feedback and help you improve your ways of working. The people you work with are very good at what they do and there are plenty of opportunities to learn from them. I find that I have developed rapidly since joining Baringa. - It's a great environment to develop your career. There are continuous opportunities to take on greater challenges and increase your responsibility within the firm. You can also get excellent career mentors at Baringa, who will challenge you and help you to push your career in the direction that you want to go. There are also four promotion rounds a year. - The social network and the support network you get at Baringa is incredible. We have an excellent work social life, with plenty of opportunities for fun. The teams that you work with also provide a lot of support to you make sure that you are getting the help you need to work well both off and on client site. - You can really shape the company with your own ideas and initiatives. Baringa is always on the look out for new opportunities, and if you have an area that you are passionate about or interested in Baringa is a great environment to pursue this.

Cons

- Baringa has been a bit slow to think 'global' as an organisation, despite now having offices in several countries (and continents!). Baringa is making progress in this area, but it should continue to think globally, in order to work effectively from an operational point of view and best serve its clients.

Baringa Partners2017-12-30
  3. "Awesome company"

4.0

I worked at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

super awesome work very interesting great team

Cons

hardworking long hours hardworking long hours hardworking long hours hardworking long hours

Baringa Partners2016-05-04
  4. "great company"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

great people to work with.

Cons

none. nothing to complain about.

Baringa Partners2020-05-19
  5. "great"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

best people I've worked with in my professional career

Cons

Nothing. It's a great company to work for

Baringa Partners2020-04-27
  6. "True Partnership and a meritocracy"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

Close relationship and proximity to partners (low ratio of only 10 employees per partner) If you have an idea – you go for it with support and fair challenge Everyone rolls up their sleeves and gets stuck in whatever their level The brightest people I’ve ever worked with (having spent 8 years prior in Investment Banks) People first – they really care about and look after their people Well rewarded (salary and benefits)

Cons

Expectations are very high and you are expected to drive what you want to do ( with support)– this works for the high achieving bunch I work with but doesn’t suit everyone and it can lead to feeling like you either 'fit' or you don't Balance of client utilisation (100%) with internal commitments can lead to a heavy workload

Baringa Partners2020-04-20

"Genuinely a consulting firm with a difference"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

Real consideration for people - there's a reason why it's constantly near the top of the Great Places to Work awards

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any cons.

Baringa Partners2020-04-04

"Nice colleagues but partners have been greedy"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are on the whole very nice to work with. The focus on culture is real and makes for a better environment than many consultancies. In recent years growth has been strong with good promotion opportunities.

Cons

At the first sight of a downturn the Partners have imposed company wide pay cuts and unpaid leave. The partners took out huge profits in the boom years (£5million for highest paid partner in FY19) but are not putting any of it back into the business just 12 months on. This greed is normal at other consultancies - Baringa talks of being different but I don't see it.

Baringa Partners2020-03-31

"Fine company nothing amazing"

Current Employee - Director in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time

Pros

It is people focused

Cons

A tier 2 consultancy (in financial services at least)

Baringa Partners2020-04-10

"No other consulting firm I'd work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Baringa Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Supportive people and a flat structure - I've found the projects and roles more interesting than my previous consulting firms - The culture isn't about long hours and face time - Management really try to get it right. Your voice is heard.

Cons

- There is a big focus on knowing people and their family, many people have children and so if you don't you are a bit of an anomaly! - Female representation in Directorship and partnership levels needs to continue to improve, although I do see the progression and a real focus to address this with the various mentoring and leadership development training initiatives. - Although there has been a huge focus on sustainability recently, I think more could be done e.g. talking to clients about remote working instead of business travel

Baringa Partners2020-02-25