KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Bitfocus Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

Found 18 of over 19 reviews

4.7
Bitfocus President and CEO Robert Herdzik  (no image)
Robert Herdzik
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

I'm proud to work at Bitfocus!

May 12, 2021 - Customer Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bitfocus continues to grow at a fast pace, which means there are a lot of opportunities for advancement. Great work/life balance and a culture that creates mentors and friends. True value-driven company.

Cons

With steady growth comes some growing pains and that tends to show up as process gaps. Luckily these are addressed and teams tend to pitch in for an overall group effort to make corrections.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

They're great!

Sep 28, 2020 - Technical Support Analyst in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

thoughtful leadership, great mission and product

Cons

some benefits could be better

1 person found this review helpful

Bitfocus Response

Director, People Operations

Thank you so much for sharing the positive experiences you've had while working at Bitfocus! We love to hear from our team members so we can better understand what we're doing well, and what we can continue to improve upon. As a small company, we are confident we will be able to continue enhancing our benefit programs as we grow! Thank you again for sharing your feedback.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Leadership is not willing to allow the company to grow. Micromanage people to their will.

Aug 31, 2020 - Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Just be WOKE, don’t get taken advantage of for the greed!

Cons

Gaslighting, non honorable policies and copying of industry leader. Not innovative just copying and now not doing a good job of it.

Bitfocus Response

Director, People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that your time at Bitfocus was not positive. As a people centered company, we strive to create exceptional experiences for our team members. We take this kind of feedback seriously especially as we manage the exciting growth we’ve experienced over the past year. As we join more communities in tackling our greatest social challenges, we work hard to evolve in an intentional, healthy, and balanced way. Above all else, we aim to ensure that our community partners continue to receive the best possible experience, and our team members feel supported, trusted, and valued. We have an open door policy; please feel free to contact People Operations directly if you have additional feedback.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people doing important work!

Feb 5, 2019 - Senior Project Administrator in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've really appreciated my 2+ years at this company so far. It's exciting to be part of a small company that's growing and changing and making positive contributions in homeless services across the country. My colleagues are hardworking and supportive of each other with a diverse range of backgrounds, from software engineers to former social workers. I appreciate that the work is varied, requiring a wide range of skills, and that there are opportunities to collaborate across teams. Working remotely fulltime (with some in-person meetings with customers) has also been a great fit. In addition, the management has a done a good job having structures in place to keep the employees connected.

Cons

Not a con but something to consider: we are a fully remote company. This requires self-motivation, focus, and comfort with conducting business via conference calls and webinars . While there is a lot of contact between colleagues and many structures in place hold us all accountable, some people may realize that they are motivated by having "face time" at an office or may miss socializing with co-workers in the lunchroom or after work. Just something to consider...I personally never want to go back to wasting time with a regular commute or an office environment after such a positive experience here, but I know others may find it isolating or not a fit with the current stage of their career.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

I was Looking for a Job, I Found my Home!

Oct 17, 2019 - Learning and Development Manager in Chehalis, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork and Commodore are at an all-time high. Bitfocus executive leadership encourages collaboration and encourages you to reach higher. I haven't worked for a company that walks the talk as well at Bitfocus. I've worked for Bitfocus a little over 2 years and have noticed as we grow the more stable we become.

Cons

No Cons! Continue to be amazing!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work, with a creative, supportive, and fulfilling company culture.

Jan 25, 2019 - Solutions Consultant in Colorado Springs, CO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Bitfocus has the best company culture in which I've ever worked. The team is creative, supportive, friendly, and knowledgable. Our CEO and management team work hard to make sure everyone feels appreciated and heard. They're supportive of professional development, and try to identify your talents and interests so that you can use them for the benefit of the company and the clients. The work is mostly remote, so there isn't anyone micro-managing you. They treat you like an intelligent, valued member of the team.

Cons

None, really. The only potential downside is that the work it almost entirely remote. For many people, this is a great benefit, but some people may find it a little lonely. We all try to help each stay connected by communicating consistently during the day and using company newsletters to keep everyone involved and updated. In spite of the remote setup, it feels like a family.

7. 5.0

Family-friendly, extremely responsive managers

Nov 22, 2019 - Technical Support Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family-friendly Responsive, accessible managers Lots of room for growth

Cons

More tangible recognition for a job well done

Be the first to find this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Living the Dream!

Oct 16, 2019 - Technical Support Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home! Engaging and meaningful work. Fun and professional co-workers.

Cons

There are no cons here!

9. 5.0

Fantastic place to work!

Jan 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic growing company with a wonderful team spirit and a great company mission! If you want to be a part of an innovative team that makes a difference in human services by providing solutions, you're in the right place. The leadership cares about each and every employee. We all work remotely from home offices with a team spirit and keep in touch throughout the day. Our working atmosphere is fun and collegial and at the same time professional and respectful. I feel fortunate to be part of this team.

Cons

Not a con, just a note: as in any remote work environment, you should be self motivated, focused and an independent thinker to be successful.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Dream Company to Work For

Jan 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for Bitfocus for over 5 years, and I've loved every day of my time here. The company is 100% dedicated to its employees, and the integrity and passion of the company leadership shine through every angle of operations. Despite being a remote company, I still feel completely connected with my colleagues. Teamwork and collaboration are key in our day-to-day, and we're here to support each other at all times. Also, I love that the overall mission of the company is to advance the greater good of society. It's the perfect blend of technology and human services. I couldn't recommend it more!

Cons

No cons to speak of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Reviews