Bloomspot Reviews | Glassdoor

Bloomspot Reviews

Found 38 reviews

3.4
Jasper Malcolmson
  1. "The opportunity to make a real impact on a company while gaining valuable career experience."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Innovative and collaborative team where ideas are heard, considered and implemented - Everyone is approachable throughout all management layers, including the Executive Team - Competitive and generous compensation for talented sales individuals and opportunities for career growth - Offer a great merchant and consumer facing product and represent a brand that provides a real marketing solution - Fast paced,...

Cons

- Office layout is very open and can sometimes promote distractions - Systems and processes throughout the entire organization would benefit from more optimization and additional resources

Advice to Management

Invest in the team by providing on-going training and professional development tools for their areas of expertise.

2. "Overall decent experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot for more than 2 years

Pros

Great to be apart of the beginning stages of a start up, great sales experience

Cons

Poor leadership, over-zealous with hiring

3. "Total fail."

Former Employee - Creative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot full-time for more than a year

Pros

They knew how to hire. Despite rampant mismanagement at the top, Bloomspot had assembled a ground-level team of exceptional individuals who bonded easily and worked well together. i wasn't there long, but I made several lifelong friendships there - everybody did.

Cons

Literally everything else. The work/life balance was appalling, management often behaved inappropriately, and even at a distance (i was a Creative there) it was obvious that the founders were totally delusional about money, resources, and their own product.

Advice to Management

This place is now defunct (surprise!!!) so my advice is to anyone who might join a startup run by one of the ex-founders: tread carefully.

4. "Great place to work when things were great. Had multiple rounds of layoffs so it was not fun then."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

always attracted very talented people. great location. good food. what was great about this place is that it was fantastic to work during the good days when people were not being laid off.

Cons

no new ideas. just copying other companies to try to make money will only take you so far. multiple rounds of layoffs certainly didn't help.

5. "Nightmare of a job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of food and snacks, in the bay area, walking distance to coffee.

Cons

Crazy management, they made promises they could not keep. Always changing policies, goals. Very unstable environment.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your staff. I would highly encourage anyone reading this to not move for this job. They could care less about people and it shows.

6. "overall pretty good"

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

smart, nice people. great perks. good office vibe.

Cons

consistently directionless, lost little puppy

• "Fun company at one point, but always chaotic"

I worked at Bloomspot

Pros

There were definitely good moments at Bloomspot. The people were always great; hard-working, motivated, intelligent. During the peak times, it was a fun although exhausting experience. I learned more in those few months than I ever had.

Cons

Ultimately, it wasn't to be. The industry as a whole is dying, and there was no difference there. Leadership was never the best, and often made shortsighted decisions that would hurt in the long term. However, it ultimately would not have mattered.

• "Great People, Company had wrong priorities"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot full-time

Pros

The people are great. Flexible hours, some catered food. Overall the company has a good "feel" and culture. The company is small enough to get access to the high-level executives.

Cons

Way too much prioritization of the "short-term". The company constantly focuses to hit THIS month's numbers without any regard to next month. Sales compensation structure often doesn't coincide with the company's ultimate goals. Tech resources & capabilities are way behind industry-standard.

• "Really good experience overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bloomspot part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

True opportunity to contribute to product and make a difference Talented, dynamic and fun co-workers Merchants really appreciate the customers we send them

Cons

Erratic growth and retraction was stressful and distracting Poor healthcare coverage

Advice to Management

Be more forthcoming with and transparent with information to employees around company status..

• "Awesome company, good people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bloomspot full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

1.Visibility of work is high 2.Cool to see what you do gets released to public, very gratifying 3.Most talented and drive group of ppl I've ever worked with 4.Information given to the employees is unfiltered and transparent 5.Get fully exposed to how creative ideas are born, fine tuned and then executed

Cons

1.Office layout can be noisy and somewhat distracting 2.High pressure environment. Almost everyone is smart and hardworking, which creates a competitive atmosphere 3.Company had rapid growth, hard to move around/ change divisions 4.Expect to work long hours in crunch time

Advice to Management

Jasper is an amazing CEO, easy to talk to, and make a point of connecting to people at every level of the company to get feedback and act on it to make the company better. I think this is crucial and he is an integral piece as the company continues to grow.

Found 38 reviews