- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - San Francisco, CA Area
- - San Francisco, CA
Found 38 of over 38 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Technical Account Manager
Being a woman in tech, I only recently started advocating for myself at work about advancement opportunities. Because of this I wanted to ask this question to my male counterparts. When you have 1:1's with your direct reports and talk about career growth / aspirations what is your managers’ response typically? I’d like to gauge how my experience (negative) differs from others. For instance are you met with blockades, enthusiasm, dread, etc?
Got a burning question about Bloomspot? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Bloomspot employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Crazy management, they made promises they could not keep." (in 3 reviews)
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 22, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Innovative and collaborative team where ideas are heard, considered and implemented - Everyone is approachable throughout all management layers, including the Executive Team - Competitive and generous compensation for talented sales individuals and opportunities for career growth - Offer a great merchant and consumer facing product and represent a brand that provides a real marketing solution - Fast paced, start-up environment with a unique, fun culture - Every day is different
- Office layout is very open and can sometimes promote distractions - Systems and processes throughout the entire organization would benefit from more optimization and additional resourcesContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 27, 2016 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great to be apart of the beginning stages of a start up, great sales experience
Poor leadership, over-zealous with hiring
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Oct 22, 2015 - Creative in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
They knew how to hire. Despite rampant mismanagement at the top, Bloomspot had assembled a ground-level team of exceptional individuals who bonded easily and worked well together. i wasn't there long, but I made several lifelong friendships there - everybody did.
Literally everything else. The work/life balance was appalling, management often behaved inappropriately, and even at a distance (i was a Creative there) it was obvious that the founders were totally delusional about money, resources, and their own product.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Mar 7, 2015 - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
always attracted very talented people. great location. good food. what was great about this place is that it was fantastic to work during the good days when people were not being laid off.
no new ideas. just copying other companies to try to make money will only take you so far. multiple rounds of layoffs certainly didn't help.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 13, 2015 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great co-workers, lots of food and snacks, in the bay area, walking distance to coffee.
Crazy management, they made promises they could not keep. Always changing policies, goals. Very unstable environment.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★May 29, 2014 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
smart, nice people. great perks. good office vibe.
consistently directionless, lost little puppy
- Former Employee★★★★★Jul 30, 2013 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There were definitely good moments at Bloomspot. The people were always great; hard-working, motivated, intelligent. During the peak times, it was a fun although exhausting experience. I learned more in those few months than I ever had.
Ultimately, it wasn't to be. The industry as a whole is dying, and there was no difference there. Leadership was never the best, and often made shortsighted decisions that would hurt in the long term. However, it ultimately would not have mattered.
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jan 23, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
True opportunity to contribute to product and make a difference Talented, dynamic and fun co-workers Merchants really appreciate the customers we send them
Erratic growth and retraction was stressful and distracting Poor healthcare coverageContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jan 23, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
1.Visibility of work is high 2.Cool to see what you do gets released to public, very gratifying 3.Most talented and drive group of ppl I've ever worked with 4.Information given to the employees is unfiltered and transparent 5.Get fully exposed to how creative ideas are born, fine tuned and then executed
1.Office layout can be noisy and somewhat distracting 2.High pressure environment. Almost everyone is smart and hardworking, which creates a competitive atmosphere 3.Company had rapid growth, hard to move around/ change divisions 4.Expect to work long hours in crunch timeContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Feb 6, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
The people are great. Flexible hours, some catered food. Overall the company has a good "feel" and culture. The company is small enough to get access to the high-level executives.
Way too much prioritization of the "short-term". The company constantly focuses to hit THIS month's numbers without any regard to next month. Sales compensation structure often doesn't coincide with the company's ultimate goals. Tech resources & capabilities are way behind industry-standard.
Bloomspot Reviews FAQs
Bloomspot has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 38 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Bloomspot to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
53% of Bloomspot employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Bloomspot 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.