Bluebeam Reviews | Glassdoor

Don Jacob

1. Featured Review

"Bluebeam is Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- The People. Smart, funny, humble, geniune, talented people.
    - Transparency. Open and honest feedback is valued in both directions. Mechanisms are in place to ensure that employees have a voice.
    - The Executive team cares.
    - The culture is amazing! (Watch the videos!) But beneath all the fun, there is a solid foundation of hard work, passion and sincerity.

Cons

- The challenge of rapid growth. However, the Executive Team is aware that communication is important. So as changes come, there are explanations behind them. Expect change and be adaptable. Treat change as an exciting adventure.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! As Bluebeam grows, continue to help those who are moving into leadership positions hone their coaching and mentoring skills.
    Continue to listen.
    Continue to communicate.
    Continue to care.

"Pretty happy here"

Current Employee - Engineer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Freedom to manage your own projects. Lot of good technical challenges to solve.
    Always good scheduling for release cycles, have never had to crunch or work a weekend once here.

Hiring is really good, bluebeam will never fill a position if its not right fit, this does lead to having positions open for very long time but it also makes it so everyone you work with is really great at their job.

Benefits are good. Generous bonuses, 401k match, 100% of health/dental insurance covered by bluebeam, beer and wine in kitchen for after work happy hours, etc. Company cares about its employees and management is receptive to feedback.

Cons

Despite the office being very nice and well furnished, the open floorplan sucks for people who struggle to work in distracted environment. It can often be pretty noisy. Would honestly prefer to sit in a high wall cubicle or 1-4 person office.

3. "Love It Here!"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I LOVE my coworkers here. I feel lucky to work with such smart, dedicated people. Bluebeam cares about its employees' well-being and development. I have grown as a professional so much in my ~2 years here.

Bluebeam changes and reinvents itself every 6 months, which provides a lot of exciting opportunities for growth and experimentation with new roles and responsibilities.

Cons

This isn't a con per se, but you should be flexible and open to change if you want work here.

Advice to Management

Communication is key.

4. "All-Around great place to work"

Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really passionate about their work and the company, always willing to help out ther departments. Great working environment, start-up mentality allows you to take on responsibilities and grow.

Cons

The company is in a transition phase between young start-up and mature business. Resources can be strained, and the change from the mentality causes stress among folks who have been here for a while.

Advice to Management

Recognize the changes and embrace them, but try to hold on to the uniqueness that is Bluebeam.

Mar 15, 2017 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Thanks for sharing your review! You're right, we are continuing to evolve and grow, which is why feedback like this will continue to be so important. Please keep it coming. :)

5. "Pretty awesome company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing fast, with lots of opportunities for advancement if you're willing to work hard. The people really make the place. Mostly everyone is friendly and interesting, and most are very smart and willing to share ideas. Overall, a very cool place to work. Oh, and free beer on tap.

Cons

With growth can come pain, and sometimes, you can feel it. For the most part, they are scaling well, but important stuff can get lost in the shuffle.

Mar 15, 2017 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! As we continue to grow, this kind of feedback will continue to be so important. We agree that Bluebeam is pretty awesome, and we're so glad you're ... More

"Always getting better, but lacks leadership"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company lives and breathes its company values, including staying true and being supportive of those who ask the hard questions.

Cons

Managers enable a lot of folks to be lazy, treating them equally when they aren't producing work and cause more problems than they fix. Favoritism runs rampant.

Advice to Management

Take some leadership courses, or analyze the qualities of the real leaders around the office and then hire more of those types instead of people who just seem qualified to run things. Invite the team to meet with the potential manager, who know more about what is needed than the hiring managers do.

Jan 6, 2017 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re proud of our leaders here at Bluebeam, and will continue providing them with additional learning opportunities to help make sure we ... More

"Handling Growth Well"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

Bluebeam has handled its growth really well. Since the acquisition from a parent company they've had the ability to grow a lot but still handled it pretty smoothly. It's pretty surprising that their senior leadership is accessible and supportive as they are. Seem to recognize your improvement and allow you to voice suggestions. They really value giving excellent service for customers and most of them are real fans of the software. There's real collaboration between different departments and management gives you the trust to tackle and take on ownership for opportunities that come up.

Cons

Small nuances; expense report issues, and some of the online systems have lack of consistency between them. These are probably being looked into though since they are still growing and was probably less of a priority when there were less people overall.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they're doing even when the company size has doubled one day: remind the new people they are valuable, remind them that they can take ownership of things that they believe in. Because our best customers love and are loyal to Bluebeam, don't stop listening to their suggestions or drastically change pricing.

Dec 15, 2015 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Thanks so much for your review! We're so glad you are a part of our continued growth. And we couldn't agree more--our people are so valuable, so we will always make sure to listen to your suggestions ... More

"Great Summer, Friendly Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Intern in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Pasadena, CA

Pros

Interns were provided attentive and knowledgable mentors
    Intern ownership of project, very little management or hand-holding
    Wide array of teams to talk to and learn from
    I really got the impression that people at the company felt supported. Their health benefits
    Everyone was very friendly and helpful
    Executives are very personable and make face time with the interns
    Lots of free food
    Great location near downtown Pasadena

Cons

Menial desk space for interns
    Sometimes the "We're not like the OTHER companies! We have fun here!" vibe feel a little bit overdone and insincere but I know that they mean well and the company does take good care of its employees
    Fast-growing company. For some this might be a pro but for someone like me who does not find a large company appealing, this is a little bit off-putting

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I think the professional development assistance that you provided the interns was very helpful and it was wonderful for you to have provided such support.

Jan 6, 2016 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Hello, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts! We love our interns, and we're so glad you had a positive experience here with us. We're always looking to improve the intern program, so if you have ... More

"No Limits on opportunities at Bluebeam"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bluebeam is the type of place where you are encouraged to be yourself, and where the things that make us "weird" are fully embraced. The company is growing at an amazing rate, which means the opportunities are endless--so don't be afraid to seek them out.

Cons

Because of the fast growth, there may be a few small kinks here and there. I understand that, and also feel confident that the company is really committed to making the company the best possible place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees, and seek out those whose voices may not be the loudest. Keep up the great work!

Sep 29, 2015 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're so glad you feel good about being yourself at work--that's what we're all about. And you're right, we are committed to making Bluebeam the best possible place ... More

"Needs Improvement"

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

All companies have their pros and cons. Bluebeam's on-boarding process has improved dramatically in the last few years and the company is continuing to grow quickly. Many of the teams have very strong and positive internal dynamics. Many of the employees are very talented and dedicated to their work and are a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The different departments within Bluebeam can be like entirely different companies. Inter-departmental communication is poor, despite the company's relatively small size, and management does very little to minimize employee behaviors that harm morale and employee retention. Good intentions, but no follow-through and lots of politics.

Sep 29, 2015 – Sr. Strategic Communications Specailist

Thanks for your feedback. We’re super proud of our onboarding program, thanks for the shout out. And you’re right, we do have work to do on the internal communications front. The good news is, we are ... More