Bluebeam Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2021

3.5
Bluebeam CEO Jon Elliott
Jon Elliott
Pros
  • "As a company we have an amazing opportunity to impact a stagnant and over looked industry full of really great people that build the world around us(in 6 reviews)

• "Another big pro for me is the work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Terrible boss who upper management would not get rid of despite multiple complaints from multiple people(in 6 reviews)

• "Growing pains while it continues to expand and re-evaluate company goals(in 5 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review
    COVID-19

"Currently super happy and thrilled to keep working at Bluebeam!"

Current Employee - Indvidual Contributer

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bluebeam is the type of company I have been looking for...for many years! First and foremost, the people are what's the most important to me. The employees are kind, inclusive, and a joy to be around and work with. The culture in the Pasadena office is set up for collaboration, empowerment, appreciation - really striving to bring your best self to work. Even though we've been working remote for almost 5 months now...you still feel that culture virtually. I can't wait to go back into the office, because not only is the office gorgeous, they have snacks, drinks, coffee, tea!!! The current outlook of Bluebeam is exciting (not sure I can mention them in a public forum)! There are some major goals to keep the company growing and stay innovative during a Pandemic and beyond. I'm really grateful that we have been able to adapt remotely and continue working on exciting projects. Another big pro for me is the work/life balance! I know teams may vary, but I know Bluebeam does try and keep that balance - and that's exactly what I was looking for. Benefits are pretty competitive, it's nice not having medical or dental pull from my paycheck! There's yoga, massages, wellness events, holiday parties, department summits, swag...you name it! There's an internal events team just for the company. The company is not cheap and it's nice to feel valued here as an employee.

Cons

There are not many, it's one of the more progressive company's I've worked for. It's not perfect, but they really try and listen to employee feedback. I would love to see more diversity in leadership, especially the executive level. I would like to see faster response time from the executives and more updates - but I know it's been a crazy year with some shifts and new Chief Officers.

July 29, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing this feedback! Our goal at Bluebeam is to build an inclusive and collaborative environment where people can be themselves, grow, and make a real impact on our customers, even while working remotely. Your words show that our efforts are paying off, even if the work of supporting our employees is never really done. Thank you!

2. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer(Internship) in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

it's great. I think they really challenged me in terms of work which is good for growth.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at the moment

3. "Good company, but needs to focus more on individual ownership from Product Managers"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for less than a year

Pros

They show they care about their employees. Company as a whole has a lot of untapped potential that they are addressing which is good to see. They employee good smart people which is awesome

Cons

Speaking from the Product perspective, they need to focus more on not having a shared ownership when it comes to PM's. It clouds a PM's individual contribution greatly. It can be changed but it has to be done from the top down. When it comes to compensation and salary increases it is not clear what that is based out of and I have not been able to get a clear answer on this. Also when it comes to moving up the ladder it is also not clear how that can be done in the Product org as it is super flat which has its own cons as well.

"Bluebeam Inc."

Current Employee - Instructional Media Specialist II in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

Bluebeam has many employee benefits that people can enjoy and the atmosphere is beyond what I expected. Casual clothing is encouraged and many warm faces and temperaments and they are focusing on diversity and inclusivity.

Cons

Diversity at the top is woefully lacking and while they endeavor to "find the best candidate", it still feels like they favor a certain color and gender. They also seemed to have pushed for more gender inclusivity which is great, but still severely lack in hiring people of color. While customer facing teams, marketing teams, and creative teams seem to have a strong grasp on time management and work - load, regularly I hear of the software development teams and engineering struggling with being overworked, overburdened, and even having their concerns ignored. This has caused many in that department to leave due to burnout.

November 10, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you mentioned, diversity and inclusion is an area of focus for our organization, as is the comfort and contentment of our employees. While we have made progress in these areas, our work is far from over and we will continue to strive to create an inclusive and open workplace for all Bluebeam employees. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, we encourage you to reach out to the Employee Experience team.

5. COVID-19

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great community of people. Takes care of employees and great work perks. Very supportive during covid.

Cons

When attempting to get a bump in pay it can be hard.

6. "Poor Management"

Former Employee - Custoner Service in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice working environment, tons of perks, comfortable.

Cons

Poor Management, unorganized department, poor training and unhelpful support system in place.

"Bluebeam Benefits"

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

100% paid medical, 50% paid dependent 6 weeks paid parental/adoption leave Discounts on Classpass memberships EV chargers for free onsite Meditation Room LinkedIn learning, manager training, new hire extensive training, yearly learning summits Innovation days Aloha Fridays - beer, wine and hangs with coworkers Team Summer Outings 401K match program Free snacks, drinks, beer and wine - plus a constant free food from work events Bonsuly co-worker appreciation program with credits/gift cards WFH policies Ergonomic adjustments 3 weeks paid time off - which increases the longer you work there 8 sick days 2 volunteer days off 10 US holidays (more for international) Free yoga and massages 1x a month Education reimbursement programs in-house career coach and so much more!

Cons

Wish they offered more holidays - consistent with government holidays 1 extra week of time off - would help those with kids who have spring breaks, summer breaks etc. 10 weeks of parental leave (Netflix offers 1 year) Student Loan Reimbursement Programs Increased 401K match - more than 6% would be more competitive Pet friendly office - or pet care stipend/discount or pet insurance stipend Unpaid sabbatical up to 3 months after 3 years of working here Fertility assistance Onsite Gym + showers To reduce aluminum waste - install a Bevi or other sparking soda machine instead of canned la croix

February 20, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing! At Bluebeam we work hard to provide benefits that are both competitive and that speak to the needs of employees like you. Your feedback is valuable input as we continuously strive to enhance employee experience at Bluebeam. Thank you!

"Amazing people, respects work-life balance, top tier benefits, and meaningful work"

Current Employee - Training in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

Bluebeam isn't a place that pushes its employees to write positive reviews, but I honestly think they should push the majority of folks a little bit more. Reading through the 1 star reviews posted here, there seem to be a lot more ad-hominem, personal attacks based on experiences with direct managers or emotional responses to being let go. While these experiences are still valid, this is definitely not a "one star" place regardless. Here are some positives that exist across the board in my opinion, regardless of role or level: -An amazing office space with a desire to make sure every reasonable comfort is met -A willingness to invest A LOT in the growth and development of employees -Fantastic benefits including 100% employee covered medical and 50% covered dependents -Work-life balance that encourages employees to take their vacations, enjoy holidays, and completely disconnect from the office -Top to bottom, the nicest bunch of people I can imagine working with Having worked for some genuinely BAD companies in the past, even if I didn't love my actual role here, I feel like I would still be able to recognize the positives.

Cons

We sometimes feel stuck in this place where we're not a startup anymore, but we're not a fully mature company with all the processes figured out yet either. With many new, not so clearly defined roles that have come about, people who want/need a lot of structure may be frustrated as it's not there (yet).

February 20, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you are enjoying your time at Bluebeam! Our goal is to create an environment where people can be themselves and grow both professionally and personally. Your comments show us where we are on the right track, despite the areas where we still have work to do. We strive to continue to grow and evolve while never losing focus on our employees.

9. "ok"

Former Employee - Tech Support Representative

I worked at Bluebeam full-time

Pros

nothing too bad, enjoyed my time there

Cons

nothing outside of the ordinary

10. "Good Product, Good People, Would Recommend"

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bluebeam full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product Bluebeam sells is good, the customers LOVE it and it really makes an impact on the industry. That is hard to find in a sales job. The employees are good people that care about both the customer's success and the companies. One of the better companies I have worked for by far.

Cons

Bluebeam is getting its feet wet in the spirit of getting out of the start-up mindset.

January 21, 2020Internal Communications Coordinator

Thank you for sharing! At Bluebeam we strive to build an environment and culture where people can be themselves, grow, and make a real impact on both our customers' lives and the industry as a whole. Employees like yourself are an invaluable part of these efforts, so thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 English Reviews