KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

BoxLunch CEO Steve Vranes
Steve Vranes

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of BoxLunch and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun store and good people

Cons

Not enough hours and low pay

2. 4.0

Fun and fast paced

Sep 21, 2022 - Key Holder in Greenville, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really nice if you like nerd culture and clothes

Cons

It’s customer service. Enough said

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stressful but better than some other retail

Sep 20, 2022 - Store Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have a lot of freedom to help your store do well. It depends very much on how your District Manager is. Pretty good company to work for. Several paid holidays. Customers are generally more friendly than a lot of retail stores

Cons

Retail hours/ nights/ weekends. The training material and curriculum for the company is not very helpful for doing a lot of the job. It gives you a basis but then it’s a lot of figuring things out on your own. Initiatives to grow and develop your team are kind of pointless as time could be better well spent doing other things since payroll is minimal.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Enjoyable place to work, friendly coworkers and good for Student

Sep 15, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere is very pleasant if you're into anime, gaming and popular culture The staff is very friendly and I had no issues with any of my coworkers They are very flexible with your schedule and you don't have to work that many hours, which is great if you're still in school

Cons

Unless you're full-time, you probably won't get many hours a week so probably not the best Full-time job Minimum wage but that's to be expected

5. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good place to work if you’re starting out

Sep 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and friendly work environment

Cons

Low work hours No benefits if part time

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Pretty Good

Sep 14, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount was really good for a retail job Culture is great

Cons

Management varies from place to place

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

One of the best places to work

Sep 6, 2022 - Assistant Manager in Johnson City, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very fun and accepting work place. Everyday was always interesting interacting with customers and employees. I made some life long friends from this job. They’re starting to raise their base pay which is nice. Part time and full time management get benefits. Discount is pretty decent you also get discounts at Hot Topic and Torrid.

Cons

Holidays are extremely busy, customers can be rude sometimes, upper management can be harsh sometimes.

8. 4.0

Chill

Aug 29, 2022 - Sales Associate in Cerritos, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very chill, great first job

Cons

Sometimes you find yourself bored

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Performative and toxic workplace

Sep 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Each store has its own Instagram account where employees make their own posts each night. It feels really fun and unique even when multiple stores are posting the same product. -The collectible/geeky items bring in customers that can be really fun to talk to. -The ability to grow with this company is a lot bigger than in other retail. -Benefits are offered even for part-time management, which I've never really seen before.

Cons

-Donations feel performative when employees receive little to no any education on where the money actually goes, especially when a different charity is chosen for the month. For example, during AAPI Heritage month, donations were sent to Stop Asian Hate. My coworkers made racist jokes about the hungry children being helped by donations throughout the month, even though that is not the purpose of the charity at all. -Very unhealthy work culture at my location. Management would regularly gossip about their employees right in front of them instead of actually addressing any issues, often while these employees were helping out customers so they were unable to speak up for themselves. There were multiple times I got harassed by management after hours. -Employees were often encouraged to spend their own money on products if we didn't reach our goal for the day. -At my location, there were times that store sets went unfinished and employees had to work off the clock to finish them.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company, all people have been professional and friendly

Aug 17, 2022 - Sales Associate in Glendale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ strong support + well-driven team + room for growth at work

Cons

+ minimum wage pay + not that much of an employee discount

Viewing 1 - 10 of 249 Reviews

BoxLunch Reviews FAQs

BoxLunch has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 252 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at BoxLunch to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, BoxLunch employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at BoxLunch. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

62% of BoxLunch employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated BoxLunch 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at BoxLunch to be work life balance, workplace, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with BoxLunch Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at BoxLunch? Share Your Experiences

BoxLunch Careers

Cover image for BoxLunch

As super fans of all things pop culture, we love what we do. But most importantly, we love our team of talented individuals from diverse...More

• Benefits
  • Foundation
  • Retail Stores
  • Internship

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

20 days ago

Hiring
We are excited to announce the opening of BoxLunch's 200th store in Springfield, VA!! And we're not stopping here. Check out our upcoming store openings and apply to join our growing brand! 📍Wellington, FL 📍Burlington, MA 📍Mesquite, TX 📍Killeen, TX 📍Myrtle Beach, SC 📍San Juan, Puerto Rico 📍Pineville, NC 📍Liberty Township, OH 📍Las Vegas, NV 📍Gilbert, AZ 📍Baltimore, MD 📍Atlanta, GA Text to apply: WORK@BL to "25000" Apply online: https://lnkd.in/gRVwnx4n
Shared image

74 days ago

Events
BoxLunch made its official debut at Anime Expo earlier this month with an elevated assortment of anime merchandise. Fans descended upon the booth each day to shop our exclusive merchandise. We also premiered two of our newest collaborations: Hello Kitty x Fruits Basket (full assortment launching this August) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles x Naruto (entire capsule launching spring ’23). Attendees were the first to purchase exclusive teaser tees from these exciting new collections. Anime Expo was a blast and we can’t wait until next year!
Shared image