BuildASign.com Reviews | Glassdoor

BuildASign.com Reviews

Found 100 reviews

4.0
Bryan Kranik
Pros
  • "Where BuildASign stands out is how it has been able to maintain a small company community/culture despite growing to over 300 people(in 13 reviews)

• "The management does not scrimp on celebrations and company events and I know that employees are number one here(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "BuildASign is for ambitious, talented, kind people who want to be recognized for their hard work and contributions to the business(in 15 reviews)

• "I can only think of one: traffic, but that's an Austin situation(in 6 reviews)

1. "I love the culture, the leadership and the tacos!"

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time

Pros

The company cares. Leadership listens to everyone with equal attention and they appreciate good ideas. They show employees that people are number 1 by providing countless perks but more important accolades for work well done. Of course I have to mention ALL THE FOOD!!! Taco Tuesdays, Catered Lunches, every event serves delicious meals and even Lucky Charms on St. Patrick's Day!

Cons

I can only think of one: traffic, but that's an Austin situation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue being transparent and encouraging and inclusive. We appreciate it very much!

BuildASign.com2019-04-15
  2. "Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Computer Technician in Austin, TX

I worked at BuildASign.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The managers really treat you like a person and have a genuine care for your well being. -Great benefits -Catered lunches and fun extra curricular activities -Huge potential to move up in company

Cons

-Poor communication - Being a web based company, the user interface is very poor, resulting in a lot of unnecessary issues, thus causing more calls to come in.

BuildASign.com2018-12-22
  3. "Experiences at BuildASign"

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time

Pros

There are a lot of great people that work there. I feel the culture in many of the teams is very strong and everyone works very hard to improve both themselves and the company.

Cons

There is a lot of growth which can be tough to deal with as well as balancing a manufacturing facility against an office facility while trying to keep everyone happy.

BuildASign.com2018-11-30
  4. "Don't Get Sick"

Former Employee - Customer Love Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at BuildASign.com full-time

Pros

A wonderful environment, employee-friendly amenities, and a spacious office space. There are some great people at BuildASign, and those amazing coworkers make your time there worthwhile. What I learned while at BAS was valuable and will help me in the future

Cons

While I would recommend working for this company to 1/3 of my friends who are qualified to work there due to the positive office environment and fair wages, that low number says a lot about the grave disparities that this employer has fomented into existence. Overall I enjoyed working for this company. Even so, their strenuous attendance policy leaves any employees who have chronic illness or disabilities surreptitiously...

Advice to Management

Rather than putting punitive measures in place that penalize your employees for being human beings, improve your internal issues within management that carry across through various departments due to a lack of or very poor communication (customer service, quality assurance, art, finance and legal, marketing, production) to decrease human error and increase efficiency from the inside out. Take responsibility for your...

BuildASign.com2018-12-06

"Customer Service"

I worked at BuildASign.com full-time

Pros

One of the best companies I've worked for in terms of environment. Work space looks and feels comfortable. The main pros of working here were the co-workers/direct departmental management and the overall transparency within the company. The CEO himself made sure that the entire company was always informed of what was happening company-wide. I appreciated that, as most of the time lower level team members are left in the...

Cons

Job duties increase without incentive. Lower than average pay. Hold reps accountable for their repeat errors.

Advice to Management

Continue obtaining feedback from your employees. I sensed that middle management did the best they could, but a lot of changes that would have been beneficial just could not be implemented because of upper management.

BuildASign.com2018-11-13

"They are OK.."

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time

Pros

Fun, fast paced environment... the hours are good , therefore the pay is decent.. There are different departments to work in which means there is always room to venture out and try something NEW.

Cons

Long shifts and standing in one place for long period of time.

Advice to Management

Kind of like working with a bunch of high schoolers.. as far as the drama end goes..

BuildASign.com2018-10-20
  7. "Fast paced!"

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Fast-growing company which means there are always new challenges. - Smart and motivated co-workers. - Get it done mentality. - Cool company events like parties, teambuilders and happy hours.

Cons

- Not for everyone, it gets really busy at times and everyone will expect more from you during those times. - Co-workers' hard work will make yourself push harder.

Advice to Management

- Keep investing in the growth of the company (people, equipment, etc.) - Keep being on top of the competition. - Keep pushing for revenue and profits.

BuildASign.com2018-07-20
  8. "Keep Buildasign Weird!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

This is definitely a great place to work and caters to the Austin vibe. The morale here is fantastic. Everyone is always eager to help and assist you, no matter what department you work in. The incentives given are amazing as well. From the Holiday Party to Summer Beach Party, Buildasign knows how to party! Bringing production and the office together, it feels like working with family.

Cons

The only con I can think of is being able to donate your PTO hours to anyone that is needing them without having to match what you already used.

BuildASign.com2018-07-19
  9. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I love my job and I get to work with so many amazing people each day. I have made so many new friends here. BuildASign gives you the tools to grow and steps for career development. I have worked at the company for 5 years and started in clt. BuildASign has many fun events and monthly lunches! They also offer great benefit packages. We also get the opportunity to do things in the community as far as volunteering which...

Cons

Nothing I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

BuildASign.com2018-07-17
  10. "Best Places To Work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at BuildASign.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great environment, great work activities/functions, great food and great opportunities for those who work hard.

Cons

No cons, this is a awesome place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

BuildASign.com2018-07-17