BuildASign.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BuildASign.com Interview Questions

2.9

Art Department CS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview involved a 10-15 minute phone interview which consisted of questions regarding current employment, reason for the job search, etc. Jolene was very easy to talk with and made this part very comfortable. Following the phone interview was an on-site interview that came a few days later. I was very surprised and pleased at how different the office looked than any other office setting I have worked in before. Jolene met me in the lobby and brought me to "The Bat Cave" where she and Cameron interviewed. Overall, I can say that at this point that this was the most comfortable interview process I have ever been through.

Interview Questions

• What is your most proud accomplishment, work related or not?   Answer Question

Media Buyer Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone interview where they get to know you and learn more about your resume. Next they bring you down for a interview. It was a two hour interview, meeting with 4 people. For an hour you are asked more detailed questions about the company and do some basic math problems. Next you are asked more in-depth questions about your resume. After that, another basic interview with more people you would work with. The whole interview process was enjoyable getting to meet with different people and I think they were looking to see if you could do the job and if your personality was a good match.

Interview Questions

• What do know about BuildASign?
      Basic math problems
      Excel skills
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

After sending the application and passing a typing speed test, I was invited to a recruitment happy hour. First everyone got a chance to have some food and drinks while chatting with current employees and other candidates. Then we were given a tour of the office before being pulled for individual interviews. The questions seemed thorough and relevant, and it was nice to get to know everyone without the pressure of a standard interview setting.

Interview Questions

• What skills at your current job would make you a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle the pressure of balancing several tasks at once?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straightforward. I was given lots of information and paperwork clearly explaining benefits and compensation.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a software engineer position. The process took about 3+ weeks. The whole process was in three rounds: HR phone interview, hiring manager technical interview, on-site multi-panel interview.

1. Round One - 15 to 30 minute discussion with HR about resume background
    2. Round Two - 30 minute basic technical interview and resume background
    3. Round Three - 3 hour on-site interview with 3 different 2 person groups
         a. first group - one-on-one with director of technology; discussed teams roles and responsible of each team
         b. second group - 2 development managers, mainly behavior questions to gauge your experience.
             questions similar to "tell us the steps on how do you diagnosis a production", "steps on how do you learn a new system or application with little documentation", "how do you create X with little input from client/BA", etc...
          c. three group - senior engineer and architect, all technical questions:
              i. quick 30 questions covering OOP concepts, MVC framework, UI, SQL, C#, Linq, etc...
              ii. algorithm white board question
              iii. create UML to show database normalization white board question
          d. last group - one-on-one with director of technology again; answer questions I had

Overall all the people were very nice and actually enjoyed the interview process.

Interview Questions

• write a method to reverse all the letters of a string   Answer Question
    • Create class diagram to show relationship between teacher/course/student. Should be able to show how to get all the teachers assigned to a student   Answer Question

Production Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Well the entire process from interactions with Stacey Hunter to the interview with Pete and Boomer was curtious fun but most importantly professional, in terms of helpful and speedy replies (Stacey Hunter) and pleasant but detailed conversations (Pete and Boomer). I really appreciated the way they listened asked questions wrote down notes and gave me an opportunity to thank them for their time.

Interview Questions

• Pete and Boomer asked me how would say you perform in a metric system ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter, then passed a wpm-based typing test. From there, I was interviewed on the phone. After I passed that round, the final in-person interview took place. I was nervous overall but enjoy challenging problem solving which seems to be part of the position. I also find the call center environment rewarding socially and intrinsically (helping others thoroughly while maintaining a cool head and talking with fellow employees as catharsis when possible).

Interview Questions

• How relevant I felt the type of work and experience was in relation to my future goals. I've had call center experience but mostly with cold calling, while the rest of my resume is a mixed bag of radio, marketing and digital content management experience.

I didn't say this, but part of the real answer is that I plain love talking to other human beings.
      1 Answer

Cost Analyst Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very organized. The phone interview, in person interview, and job offer all took place in less than two weeks from start to finish. I was given enough notice and information regarding preparation and logistics from HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions included topics on: education background, previous job experience, hypothetical accounting scenarios, accounting theory, problem-solving, etc. Essentially behaviorial questions with focus on candidate's responses to accounting technical questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer and benefits were very competitive with Austin market. No negotiation upon receiving offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and was contacted by a member of the HR department in order to schedule a short typing/computer assessment. After completion, I was contacted by the same HR member to schedule a phone interview to discuss my experience and interest in the position. Very friendly conversation - not intensely interview-like. The phone screen lasted about 20 minutes, at which point I was told someone would be in touch soon about next steps. Shortly after the phone screen, I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview at the corporate office. The in-person interview was with the manager of the Customer Love department and lasted about an hour. We spoke about my experience as listed on my résumé, talked about specific examples of good vs. bad customer service, and discussed a little about the company's culture and goals. I was told they were interviewing all week and would be in touch soon. Shortly after arriving home and sending a thank you note, I received a call from HR offering me the position. I accepted the verbal offer, which was contingent on a successful background screening. Once the background check was complete, I received a confirmation and reminder of my start date. The whole process was very enjoyable, and everyone was incredibly pleasant to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service, and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were dealing with an angry customer, and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There didn't seem like much room to negotiate, however, the benefits and compensation package is attractive and acceptable.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview

The atmosphere was very welcoming, and right when I stopped in the door I was greeted by smiles. I was able to spend the first 20 minutes I was there, at an advisors desk so I could basically get the run down of what kind of calls to expect, and what my day would look like. It gave me good perspective on what I would be doing. I then was able to sit down and conduct my actual interview, which went really well.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say your strongest skill is.   Answer Question

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

A one-on-one 1 hour phone interview, going over Javascript, C# and Computer science topics. The second part of the process involved a 3.5 hour group/panel interview, going over more CS topics and C#/SQL code examples.