BuildASign.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BuildASign.com

2.9

Facebook Ad Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone interview where they asked about experience in FB ads and talked about expected roles and benefits. Also, they talked about their mother company and their great insurance policy. Overall, it was a quick process and 20 minutes call.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview

One phone screen, one face to face recurved an offer a week later that outlines the details and expectations

Overall easy process, very quick and to the point- nothing to stress about

Interview Questions

• Explain a marketing project you recently worked on
      How you could make a quick change, implement new creative ideas and maintain a positive attitude.
      Ability to adapt to change
      Learning style
      Ability to work in start up environment
      Preferred work hours
      Goals to gain from experience   Answer Question

Customer Love Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Love Rep position through a temp service. From there I did an initial screening with the agency they had me do a typing test which they had a 45 wpm requirement and they asked for my most recent resume. They sent my information over this process did take awhile because my information was submitted on the very last day they were accepting applications and I had to be pushed back to the next training class which they started taking applications two weeks later for . I got a call back stating build a sign wanted to interview me the following Monday . I got to the interview extremely early and answered a series about my work experience and scheduling . Within 10 minutes of leaving the interview the agency called me and told me I was offered the position and I was sent a offer letter I accepted and provided my information for a background check along with my training dates and times and point of contact information.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service to you ?   Answer Question
    • If I were to contact your past employer what would be some positive feedback they would give me ? And what would they say you could work on   Answer Question

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BuildASign.com in June 2019.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview so that both of us could get a feel for each other. The interviewer discussed the company culture, job duties, and compensation range.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you can bring to this positon.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview

Intro phone call that lasted about an hour. Was 50% questions, 50% company overview and interviewer's career history.

Next is an online coding test done through HackerEarth, probably the worst algorithm site available for testing in C#. Instructions say "You will be given an array, but you should expect to receive the array through a Console.Read, which turns it into a string (ie. "["5","0","1","14","2","8"]") which is a whole lot different than receiving a simple string[], like the instructions tell you. The instructions also say, "Build a function that..." when you're really expected to create an entire console app, including the "using System; etc." that you may need in order to execute your function.

The algorithm is an easy one to solve, but working with HackerEarth's horrible system turns a 5-minute problem into a nightmare to complete in 45 minutes.

After the online coding test, you'll have an on-site interview which pretty much lines up with the description from some of the other comments.

My advice to you, get used to HackerEarth's deplorable system. Do more than just the practice test before taking the actual test. Despite what the initial instructions tell you, you ONLY get to use C# for the actual assessment, so don't bother practicing with any other language. Make sure to complete a practice test that has you return each of the main datatypes (strings, ints, lists, arrays, objects), just to make sure you feel confident using HackerEarth's broken system.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about SOLID principles?   Answer Question
    • What can you tell me about indexes and keys on a SQL database? Why are they important?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiting agency -> onsite with recruiting agency -> take-home coding challenge with BAS -> phone screen with BAS -> onsite (technical & team meet) with BAS -> Offer!

Interview Questions

• Team interview asked questions regarding my skillset and background. Tech interview asked questions regarding HTML/CSS/JS.   Answer Question

Mid to Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in November 2018.

Interview

You go through 2 phone screen, and then if things are good, you meet the team where it's a painfully long almost 1/2 day interview among 8 to 9 people... for a software job (not a board member). Some of the people even joked about not getting laid off after them getting purchased.

While most of the group was nice, I felt like it was tough to feel like it was a casual environment. Most of the dialog seemed incredibly Politically Correct where there struggles with wanting to be funny and not listening with the English language. It was rough.

Upon the technical, I wound up getting into it with the architect:

1. He'd game me over what unit testing was (after mixing word-use to say "Unit Test this" implying he wanted it all tested, which led to a discussion over Unit Test vs Integration Test
    2. He continually argued over how I didn't test something write. I altered the methods without changing signatures, and I even pushed logic into a class on its own to test that. All of which was said to be wrong. When I did run out of options and grew frustrated because I felt like I was being gamed again, I asked what he envisioned. Well low and behold, he wanted a class that was testable and placed inside the static method -- what I did!

These pieces took way too long, and him not listening and wanting to game me only made it worse for all. I could see the struggle with his co-interviewer, who tried to steer the conversation, and I really thank him for that!

In summary, while the reviews here show a great culture, the lack of change in a software interview process of 8+ years, joking about being laid off, battling PC English, and an architect who cherished messing with people and not listening, makes this a horrible place to work, so be cautious!

Interview Questions

• These are the exact same questions as they've had for about 8 years now. Unit test God class, Count the grouped letters, and some basics.   1 Answer

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BuildASign.com.

Interview

It was the worst interview process I've ever experienced.
    - lack of professionalism
    - lack of follow-up

1. The process to get to the phone interview with the hiring manager was lengthy and was lack of follow-up.
    2. The interview was conducted while the hiring manager was driving on the road. The session was disconnected many times.
    3. The hiring manager expressed interest for the next round interview. However, there was no follow-up from both the recruiter and the hiring manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Behavioral interview with the technical manager, followed by a technical interview on the phone with an architect, followed by a unique on-site white board interview. The phone interview consisted of questions covering concepts all over computer science.

Interview Questions

• You are given a database that has a single table with six columns: FirstName, LastName, ContactType, PhoneNumber, Email, CreatedOn.

Data may look like:

John | Doe | Work | 8881234567 | johndoe@email.com | Dec 22, 2012
      John | Doe | Cell | 8882345678 | johndoe@email.com | Dec 23, 2012

The only clue given was the question, "How can we be sure that those two John Doe rows are the same person?" With that, redesign the database for better reliability and performance.   Answer Question
    • Given a string of random (alphabetical) characters, return a new string as follows:

null -> null
      "" -> ""
      "a" -> "a"
      "aa" -> "a2"
      "abb" -> "ab2"
      "abbbxyzeeeec" -> "ab3xyze4c"   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen by the hiring manager who asked both behavioral and high-level technical questions. Next was the on-site interview where I had 3 separate interviews and got to meet with the entire scrum team and the IT director.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a situation where team members have conflicting ideas of the best way to do something?   Answer Question
    • Questions about SQL clustered indexes, locking, and concurrency.   Answer Question
    • Small C# coding exercises using Visual Studio.   Answer Question