CBT Direct Reviews | Glassdoor

CBT Direct Reviews

1.9
David Parkinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Has its ups and downs....."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Port Richey, FL

I worked at CBT Direct (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has some truly great people that work there , helpful , friendly and playful. If your good at sales , you can make some great money!

Cons

Some of the management can be a bit moody , especially if sales are not high enough. Sadly , it can become a self-perpetuating cycle , sales decline , management becomes aggressive , moral drops , sales decline further and so on.

Advice to Management

Sales is 90% moral and motivation. If a sales advisor isn't selling but is putting in the effort , verbal browbeating is not the answer - remember , we feel bad enough if we don't sell, it our income too.

2. "Stay away from this job."

I worked at CBT Direct (More than a year)

Pros

The truth is the training was very informative. And the staff was very good to be around along with upper management.

Cons

Where should I start well the fact of the matter is that the pay is so low you might as well work for McDonald's. Also they still use old computer equipment and very very very old leads to call Old prospects and some are new prospects. If you do not make a sale in a week you are stuck with the basic minimum wage for the week. If anyone was to read this please for the sake for yourself and your family keep looking for another job. So that you don't have to suffer making nothing. Now commission is there but they don't tell you exactly what you are going to make a certain percentages are made or not. They just give you percentage numbers not exactly what you're going to be making a list is a particular program that they are going to give you straight out pay stay away stay away stay away.

"Senior Training Advisor/ Sales Consultant/Whatever they wanted us to be that Year so we wouldn't get shut down"

Former Employee - Long Term Employee in Tarpon Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Long Term Employee in Tarpon Springs, FL

I worked at CBT Direct full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It was air conditioned... It had an elevator that worked 75 % of the time... Insurance at full cost +...

Cons

Everything... I'm pretty sure this is what slavery was like... The "owners" make money and you end up either owing them money or "borrowing" minimum wage... While this is happening you are being yelled at constantly... You are required to endure a roll call similar to a prison every morning and they breed a resistance is futile enviroment....

Advice to Management

Retire !!!!

4. "It was great at 1st but it is really hard to get sales unless you have been there a long time."

Former Employee - Training Adviser in Tarpon Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Training Adviser in Tarpon Springs, FL

I worked at CBT Direct full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are good at cold call sales this is a great job if you can wait for commission and keep making sales.

Cons

It is a commission based job and even if you sell to a big company and your cut is $30,000.00 which was a 1/3 of the total commission and you don't any sales for a week after that you get let go and your $30,000.00 omission goes to the company's pocket!

5. "Sales can be aggressive and income-rewarding, but deceit and questionable ethics are not enough of a reason to work here"

Former Employee - Training Advisor
    Former Employee - Training Advisor

Pros

You can make as money as you want....it is all commission work--no base. Effort is rewarded with the paycheck....altruistic rewards, though--not so much.

Cons

Bad reputation, uncomfortable with the high pressure selling techniques and questionable ethics. Want to make money, but need to sleep at night.

Advice to Management

The extraordinary attention paid to top producers should be given to the support staff as well---tech, sales managers, enrollment, office, etc......they are part of the machine.
    Also, the goal of higher profit does not justify questionable ethical behavior.