COPS Monitoring Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Jim McMullen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You can't forget about the holiday party; every December each site hosts their own lavish (in 10 reviews)

• Equality, Advancement, Health Insurance, Vacation/Paid Time Off, Wellness Bonus, Holiday Pay/Party, Club 6 Trips, Paid Gym Membership (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • For attendance they have a strict point system (in 5 reviews)

• Customer service is not a field for every personality type, and COPS understands this (in 4 reviews)

1. "Excellent job if you allow it to be"

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time

Pros

Being able to assist customers in emergency situations is rewarding. Majority of the coworkers have a close knit bond and work well together. Weekly pay checks, as well as bonuses and overtime available often.

Cons

Promotions given should be reviewed more thoroughly to ensure the most qualified are receiving the job.

Advice to Management

Be more focused on those who are putting in 100%, Otherwise, it’s a fantastic job.

"Great Company with Good opportunity if you want to work"

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time

Pros

- A real family feeling
    - Good opportunity if you want to work
    - Flexible hours
    - Can transfer between offices within the USA

Cons

- Having to work any five of seven days

"A wonderful company and great place to really grow your career!"

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Williamstown, NJ
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Williamstown, NJ

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits (tangible and intangible)
    Trips/ Holiday Parties/ Picnics
    Recognition (chairmans award)
    Insurance, 401k
    Long term working relationships turned friendships

Cons

You will have trouble if you are not serious about your attendance. Expectations for coming to work on your scheduled day are realistic; considering the nature of our industry. We must be properly staffed in order to efficiently respond to potential emergencies. Take your job seriously and this will never truly be a problem!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Ongoing training and consistency is key. Keeping an open line of communication with your staff is paramount to earning respect and keeping dedicated, loyal employees.

You will not find another career where the culture is SO important. This job has taught me invaluable skills and customer service. I am very thankful to work for such an amazing company.

"A great opportunity!"

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To start off I would like to say how much I have appreciated the opportunity that I was given after being offered a job at C.O.P.S Monitoring! Now at the 10 month mark, I can say that with all the time and effort I have put in to the my job and in to the company, that I have been equally rewarded. Despite my short time with the company and this being my first call center job, I have obtained a vast set of skills pertaining to customer service and phone etiquette. The training process was very easy, as you have 3 weeks ( 15 Days ) to complete it. If for what ever reason you would need more time, they have no problem accommodating you, and providing you with more time. I feel most people disagree with the pay, but in my own opinion, I believe that those people are not looking at the bigger picture. The compensation is great, as the benefits are top notch. Not only that but depending on how well you do, you have the opportunity to get a raise within 3 weeks of starting ( After getting off training ). From that point, raises happen quite frequently, about every month or so. The attendance policy is very easy to follow, especially if you have a good work ethic. The company also hosts a Holiday party ever year, in which they make sure every single employee haves fun and enjoys themselves.

Cons

I feel the only negative aspect would have to be the location/traffic, but as long as you make a conscious effort to leave enough time for the drive, you will be fine.

Advice to Management

My only advise to management would be to keep up the fantastic work.

"I would go back and do it all over again!"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I worked at COPS Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time working at C.O.P.S. Monitoring. I started in June of 2015 as an alarm dispatcher, and it was my first time working in a call center environment. However, I will note that C.O.P.S. is not your run-of-the-mill call center - it is simply in a league of its own.

As an alarm dispatcher, I received three weeks of training before being released on my own. During this time, you learn an array of information vital to handling alarms. I enjoyed this process and it made me feel prepared to handle any call that I may receive. After being released off training, there are monthly evaluations up until Level 5, then it is one every three months. If a dispatcher does well on their calls and alarm handling information, they are able to Fast Track to the next Level starting at Level 3. Personally, I Fast Tracked through to Level 6 (the highest level of dispatchers) within one year instead of the one and a half year projected time frame. Hard work and perseverance pay off in this company. I only missed one day of work in the two years I worked at C.O.P.S.; due to performance, attendance, and attitude towards my job I was offered a Shift Supervisor position shortly after my one year anniversary. As a Shift Supervisor in the TN location, I answered dispatcher questions and assisted in any other managerial task required of me, and I did so happily.

Overall, I enjoyed being a lifeline for the subscribers and I enjoyed helping my fellow employees and management team. I would definitely go back and do it all over again!

Other Pros:
    - Great benefits that include: health, dental, and vision.
    - Quarterly Wellness Bonus, up to $150 for full time employees and up to $90 for part time employees.
    - Raises with each dispatcher level.
    - Paid federal holidays.
    - Annual Holiday Party where employees can win prizes!

Cons

There are not any Cons that come to mind, personally. Though, I will note attendance is extremely important to this company, like any other job - please take your job seriously, here you are needed to help people!

Advice to Management

Keep doing whatever it is that you are doing! I adored my managers and the upper management is amazing across the board!

"I love my Job!"

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Nashville, TN

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Words can’t express how thankful I am to work for such a caring and understanding company. From the start I felt like I belonged and not only made friends but gained a family from across the nation. Over the last 3 years I had nothing but positive experiences. I started out as a entry level dispatcher and fast tracked all the way up to a level 6 dispatcher within 1 year. It typically takes 1 1/2 years to reach level 6 but with hard work,dedication, perfect attendance and a supportive management team it’s possible to advance quickly at any site location. Cops Monitoring has been one of the main constants in my life and helped me better myself. I had a lot going on in my life at the beginning of this year and C.O.P.S was very understanding and helped me anyway they could. I asked about a transfer to the Nashville location and the Management worked quickly and made it happen. Since moving to Nashville I met some of the greatest people. We are a very diverse group here in Tennessee and we accept anyone that has the opportunity to work with us. The management team is phenomenal and is very focused on communication and working as a team. Like I said words can’t explain how thankful I am to work for such a great company. If you are dedicated, motivated and willing to follow rules, such as the attendance policy and dress code and like working with a team, Cops is for you!

Pros:

Cons

Some people say the Company has to many rules but, without rules we wouldn’t have consistency. I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!!

"Fun Company"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN

I worked at COPS Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my time with cops. I worked here this year and unfortunately had to leave due to some unforeseen circumstances in my personal life. But my managers were nice and worked with my school schedule and did cool things like buy pizza when we did well and give birthday cards on our bdays!! I didnt use the benefits but I heard they were good coverage and cheap prices. Each day was something different and made the job interesting for me. It's so cool being able to help people.

Cons

I didnt like the office being in Nashville because the traffic made me late some times but it was more my fault. Really tho there wasnt any thing bad about the job.

Advice to Management

None

"A job that feel like a family"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Nashville, TN

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cops monitoring is a wonderful company to work for there are so many benefits! The health benefits are great and a reasonable price especially if you have a family, they have a wellness bonus if which is if you are not late or call out in three month they will give you an extra 150 dollars in your paycheck. The biggest benefit is that everyone that works there genuinely cares for one another. You can have a bad day before walking in that room and they will make sure you have a great day at work. The site manager and assistant site manager are amazing you can tell that they are made for the company with all the hard work they do to make sure they run the site smoothly and make sure that each dispatcher is doing well in their position. The supervisors are always there for you they make sure that they are available if you have any questions. The job itself is very rewarding you help people in their time of need. You make sure that their home and families are safe.

Cons

The only con i have about this job is the point system. Its very strict but if you use your points wisely and only for when you really need it, its not so bad.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management is to keep up the great job!

"Awesome company to work for!"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very stable company. Management and Site Manager are very understanding and make the environment fun for all. Site Manager is always there to talk to whenever needed!

Cons

Starting pay could be a little higher as I feel we are missing on quality people because of this.

"Tolerance"

Current Employee - Level 6 Dispatcher in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Level 6 Dispatcher in Nashville, TN

I have been working at COPS Monitoring full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the most tolerant company I have ever worked for. The fact is they do not care what color your skin is, what color your hair is, if you have piercings, tattoos, what gender you are etc... You have a place at COPS. They only care about what is in your heart. Do you have compassion for others? Can you help save lives? Can you work as a part of a team? There are 2 ladies running one of the shifts who are in biracial relationships and have biracial children. One of these children was a long standing Lead/Supervisor for nearly 3 years until they stepped down to pursue other things. Another high ranking person at this site is also in a biracial relationship with another man. I have seen multiple members of the LGBTQ community hired here and do very well for themselves. The fact of the matter is there all people from all walks of life working together here and we are all given the same opportunities to advance.
    The management team is very well liked. They are honest and upfront with information. They lay out a plan for your advancement and stick to it. They even offer for you to skip levels if you are doing well enough. When they look for a Supervisor they are very particular about attendance, attitude, and you skill set. Most people who go out for a higher position are lacking in the attendance category. This is why I was not chosen. However, the manager took the time to explain why it is important and gave me goals to work on to better myself and hopefully get a chance to go out for the next opening. You have to be open to criticism and looking to better yourself. This job is what you put into it.

Cons

The pay is mediocre. Of course I would like to see it higher, but it is manageable to live off of if your single. Management sometimes gives poor performers or poor attitudes too much time to adjust. They should be taken care of sooner. For example there was a Supervisor who was demoted who really made things terrible on shift. She would basically force people to forfeit their breaks and she would still take hers. She had a little following who still try and make life difficult for others. One of those followers thank goodness is gone. She was allowed to leave the room multiple times to spend time with her boyfriend outside while the rest of us carried her workload. She would always roll her big bug eyes at you and try to intimidate other people who were going out for the Supervisor position. What terrible human beings they were. Hopefully with the change of Supervisor on this shift more positivity is on the horizon.

Advice to Management

Try getting a better interview process to weed out some of these people with poor attitudes who make life unbearable for the rest of us.