CSAT Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Van Deventer

1. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

Pros

Job is easy going. You come in and work on your units for that day. Units each day varies on how many shipments goes through.

Cons

There is no real growth in this company. What you get hired for is where you will most likely sit. You may move up to a higher pay when you work on more complex units.

Advice to Management

The management isn't that bad but it's not great. Could be more organized but I understand why they do things the way they do.

"Treated like slave"

Current Employee - Apple T in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Apple T in Houston, TX

I have been working at CSAT Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to leave early on Fridays.

Glassdoor requires a 20word minimum for the "Pro"s section, but there simply isn't anymore.

Cons

Where do I start?
    This place will treat you like a slave. You're expected to fix a computer in 45 minutes, when diagnostics alone take 30 minutes. Unrealistic expectations will force you to never move up or obtain a raise.

This place is the definition of a sweatshop environment. As a technician, we work inside of a warehouse where the AC never works, and you're no longer allowed to have fans, because evidently upper management doesn't want you using their electricity, but doesn't care about your well being either. Let's also not forget about the broken restrooms, specifically the men's - with all toilets broken, and the stalls overflowing with feces, having to go in there can be sickening as the smell of feces fills the air.

This is the kind of place Donald Trump is trying to get rid of, and for good reasons. It's a big multi-million dollar business that abuses foreign work visas for tax breaks, and outsources for cheap labor. 90% of the employees here are Vietnamese or of an Asian descent, and are hired on for extremely cheap wages. Granted it seems like CSAT has caught on to this, because they've created waves of new hires, and all local. I guess they're preparing to kiss their visa abuse, and foreign workers goodbye.

When it comes to wages, you'll probably get hired on for $12/hr, to perform a $750 dollar repair. The worker compensation vs work level is a complete joke. With wages being mentioned, I should also add this isn't a stable job. Literally everyday will be guess work as to how long you'll be staying. Some days there will be close to 2000 units, some there will be barely be 800, and that determines how many hours you'll be doing. You could have a 4hour shift or an 8hour. The biggest thing to take away from this is: Do you want your hours which involves hindering your performance by dragging out your repairs, or do what your boss says, finish your repairs, and only have a 6hour shift? The biggest reason for having a job is to be able to provide for yourself/family, but this place punishes you for that.

It saddens me too see people completely ignore these reviews, and still walk in through those big prison-like metal detectors for "new hire orientations". Everyday you work here will practically start with a cavity search, and you'll be treated like a pee-on from the moment that you walk in. You will be yelled at by security guards, and stepped on all over whether it be by your lineleads, supervisors, or stuck up, all-white upper management who don't do anything except prance around the warehouse imposing you work harder to fix that unit in 30 minutes today instead of the 45 minutes from yesterday.

With all of that being said, I figured I would take it upon myself to write a more in-depth review compared to previous ones.

P.S:I'm currently a technician here, and although I do meet the criteria of 45min/per unit, with all corruption that goes on this place working here is unbearable.

Advice to Management

Grow a pair, and a spine. You guys are weak individuals, who take advantage and abuse hard working people with terrible compensations and absurd, sweatshop environment policies.

"Don't work here!"

Former Employee - Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing that I could recommend.

Cons

Bad management, language issues, horrible farty bathrooms, and work that invades my personal time.

Advice to Management

People are not slaves.

5. "Worst Company I ever work for"

Former Employee - Test Engineer Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Test Engineer Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I decide to work with them to add some experience because they have many contracts with different large companies.

Cons

Low salaries, not many opportunities for advancement, not a steady company you will get laid off with no reason.

Advice to Management

take care of your employees

6. "Review"

Former Employee - Senior AR Specialist and Buyer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior AR Specialist and Buyer in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a great boss, pay was good, sometimes I was able to work from home

Cons

24 hour job, calling in the middle of the night, very stressful

7. "Worst Company I ever work for !"

Former Employee - Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tech in Houston, TX

Pros

I do not see anything pros in this company.

Cons

They treat emp very bad like the prisoner

Advice to Management

Be nicer with their emp because they bring the money to you.

8. "Decent stepping stone, but stay away"

Former Employee - Apple Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Apple Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a good company to gain experience with.
    Always hiring.
    Chance to meet people from around the world.

Cons

Piece work
    Slave environment
    Company/Staffing Agency does not care about their employees
    Poor benefits as well as no PTO
    Overall poor company to work for

Advice to Management

You may have changed the name from PCS-CTS to CSAT Solutions, but the company still has not shown any signs of improvement.

9. "Dell Whole Unit Repair Engineer/ Safety Engineer"

Former Employee - Dell Whole Unit Repair Engineer/Safety Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

None at all with this company.

Cons

Poor employment conditions. Disgusting bathrooms. Poor management. Language issues.

"Engineer"

Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Engineer in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Used to be flexible in working hours

Cons

Employees are treated like a machine. Management used to blame on engineers when there are some failure or unreachable goals

"Learned new skills but at one point you no longer advance"

Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Engineering Tech in Houston, TX

I worked at CSAT Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learn new computer skills: troubleshooting and repairing units like tablets, laptops and also all in one's. Depends on what department you end up on though.

Cons

Management always trying out new ideas that never works out. No room for advancement unless your are part of an ethnic group. Pointless meetings. Also pointless drama between departments.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring inexperienced people who cannot fill an engineer role.