CSI Leasing Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Hamilton
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CSI Leasing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CSI Leasing is a great place to be if you are looking to balance work and family life. Everybody is so nice. The head of HR department is very understanding and supportive. I started off as a full time employee and became part time after several years to pursue other interests. I left the company so I could travel more often and devote my time fully to my travel business.

Cons

Salary is lower than some other companies out there.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work to encourage employees to stay healthy and to balance work & family life!

CSI Leasing Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Sr. VP Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am very happy to hear that our flexibility provided the work-life balance you needed. It is also good to hear that you appreciated our wellness... More

2. "A great company to work for"

I worked at CSI Leasing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very friendly people. Management who cares about you makes this a great company to work for especially if you are trying to balance family life with work.

Cons

Most upper management have been with the company for a long time which makes it very difficult for younger talented employees to move up the corporate ladder.

Advice to Management

Pay loyal, talented employees more to motivate them to stay with the company in the absence of promotion.

CSI Leasing Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Sr. VP Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to allow our employees the ability to balance work with their family life and it’s nice to know it is working. We have a lot of long-term employees in... More

3. "Sales"

Pros

Good company, good leadership. Flexible hours.

Cons

Change in technology - cloud computing making leasing more difficult

"Location, location, location"

I worked at CSI Leasing full-time

Pros

Most of the employees are very cooperative and friendly (in most of the departments). Ice and water machines throughout building, as well as coffee, tea, and hot cocoa. Free parking. The pay is decent. Generous PTO package, Beneflex card, and low insurance rates. Loyalty to long time employees.

Cons

The longevity of many of the employees, which they will try to sell to you as a positive. It is great for them, but not so great if you're new. One accounting manager in particular is very unpleasant and unfriendly. The turnover rate with that particular supervisor is very high. Be careful. There is another department with a high turnover rate as well. When interviewing, ask how long the position has been open and how many people they have been through in the last year.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the employees that lack common courtesy and soft skills! Take a look at the supervisors with high turnover rates and get rid of them.

"You Can Do Better....... You have been warned."

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CSI Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company events: picnic, christmas party, kick off. Health insurance.

Cons

No vision insurance. Condescending managers. Micromanagement. Make you feel like an idiot for asking questions. Unwritten policies that only apply to certain people. If you go to lunch and only invite your friends, you will be reprimanded. Low pay, no vision insurance. No written procedures so each member of management will tell you a different way to do work and make you feel stupid when they bring it back for you to correct b/c of this. Re-work because of spacing issues and not including a comma after a date when writting a letter. They change the unwritten procedures at the drop of a hat and make you feel stupid because you couldn't read their mind. HR is pointless. Only there to hire and fire. Use of a lot of paper. Annual performance reviews take place about 6 months after your anniversary date. And the pay increase you get is a joke. You will barely notice a difference. The bonuses are a joke as well.

Advice to Management

Don't just display a good company culture and value on your website. Walk the talk. Lead by example. Stop killing so many trees. Don't wait to offer someone hire pay because they are quitting.

"A/R Bookeeper"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Creve Coeur, MO

I worked at CSI Leasing full-time

Pros

Medical benefits are decent. Company holds a summer and yearly kickoff event for the employees. A Christmas party is also held.

Cons

No vision benefits and dental is a joke. Manager micromanage and does not like to explain things. No real training to speak of and major lack of communication. You become afraid to ask questions due to poor training. Told you have a 48 hour timeline to complete items so you prioritize using that as a guideline but really you don't. Manager will not admit if she makes a mistake. Fault is pushed onto someone else. HR is no help. They don't really have a system in place to protect employees and foster growth. They protect and side with management every time.

Advice to Management

For a company with very few employees in this office the turnover rate seems high. This should make you take notice and find out why. Department managers need interpersonal and management training. You need to hire a professional trainer and write up detailed departmental training manuals. You will have less issues.

7. "Good Company"

I have been working at CSI Leasing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They have given me a lot of advancement opportunities, have great benefits, and seem to really care about their employees. It is also a stable company so you don't have to worry about layoffs.

Cons

My only con is that I have a long commute to work because I don't live close to the office.

"Poor oversight of managers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at CSI Leasing (More than 10 years)

Pros

They do some nice things such as holiday and kickoff parties for employees but it doesn't make up for the negatives.

Cons

Managers are allowed to treat employees poorly and there are no repurcussions for it. If you complain to HR then that only makes things worse. Second thing that is bad is the pay. Notoriously low payers.

Advice to Management

Make sure middle management is kept in check and doesn't treat everyone else poorly. Hardly any of the managers even get along. There is so much catty BS it's ridiculous. People talk behind each other's backs and rip each other.

"Terrible place to work. Borderline abusive"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saint Peters, MO
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Saint Peters, MO

I worked at CSI Leasing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health and retirement benefits are decent

Cons

Micro-management...especially in the accounting department

Way too much drama (when you are asked in the interview "how do you handle drama?" that is a red flag.

Staff are underpaid by several thousands.

HR protecting managers who exhibit unprofessional behavior in the workplace (never go to HR it is a total joke)

All this and much more goes on and yet they wonder why morale is so low and turnover is so high. Although don't say the real reason why or you'll get written up.

Oh and too dependent on paper.

Advice to Management

Too many managers. This company is so top heavy and everyone is stepping over each other's ego that the little people are the ones being trampled.

"Micro Manager"

Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accounting Supervisor in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at CSI Leasing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a summer kickoff to kick off the new year, which we start in July. They have a Christmas party.

Cons

The middle managers micro manage their supervisors and staff in my department. I have never worked for a company that I was afraid to do something wrong. The managers are always checking on you and seeing what you are working on, when you know what has to be done.

Advice to Management

Quick micro managing your staff and you might not have to work 12 hours a day.