Cabinets To Go! Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Thomas Sullivan

"So happy to be part of this company"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that truly cares about it's employees. I just love the culture and the money is very good. My first year I made over 100K!

Cons

No time for lunch with how busy we are. But my husband makes a pretty mean sandwich.

Advice to Management

I'm very happy with management. Just wish they would figure out a way to ship right to a customer.

"Kitchen and bath designer"

Former Employee - Kitchen and Bath Designer in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Kitchen and Bath Designer in Kent, WA

I worked at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're involved in all aspects of the sale from cradle to grave, to 3% commission is off the top of the sale which is good.

Cons

Your responsible for all aspects of the sale. It's every salesperson for themselves. Lack of communication from corporate down to the local stores.

Advice to Management

Update your design software so the cabinets that you're designing with match what you're selling. Set up individual email accounts not just one store account for all the salespersons in the store would facilitate better communication between customers and the salesperson things would not get lost in the shuffle.

"Optimistic for the future!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New CEO that has the ability to bring CTG to the top.
    He has excelled at every position he has held within the company and will support the stores in any way he can.
    It gives me hope for the future.

Cons

Very little support from corporate "002".
    Most of the burden falls on the sales team along with the blame on most issues, it has created an ''us versus them'' environment.
    Which is causing more problems during an already difficult time.
    The inventory levels have made it very difficult to sell our product which is big problem when we are here to sell said product.

Advice to Management

Get some product in...
    listen to the sales force and trust the new CEO.

"I should've read these reviews before I started working here!"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Hallandale Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Hallandale Beach, FL

I worked at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nope ... I can't think of any pros about this place either. However, the only good thing to come out of this 'opportunity' is that it motivated me like never before to find a much better job ... and I found one within three months of starting here!

Cons

This would be too extensive to list, but it would also illustrate my poor decision-making in accepting the offer to become one of their managers. As most other reviews have noted, inventory and logistics probably ranks as the highest issues this company has.

The 'boiler room' approach that upper management has to increase sales, only instigates added stress and encourages employees to lie to customers to get the sale. Case in point, I returned to the store a couple of months after I left to find that I still had three orders waiting to be completed. My hats off to all employees on the front lines, because I learned to come up with creative ways to explain delays to angry customers.

Advice to Management

Get your inventory and logistics straight! The company has a good product, but the entire package crumbles when your employees are trying to fill the orders. It's amazing the amount of customers that are retained even with these delays, but imagine the success if you actually had the product in stock.

Which brings me to my last point, change the name! A person walks into a store that's called: Cabinets To Go. He speaks to a friendly representative that takes the time to answer all the questions and designs the perfect kitchen at the best price. The client smiles, pays for his cabinets ... and then WAITS for his cabinets to arrive. As some clients questioned to me, if the name of the store is Cabinets To Go ... it would imply that you can walk in, pick out your cabinets ... and take them ... TO GO ... at that moment. I'm just sayin' ...

"Never work here"

Current Employee - Design Associate in Caledonia, WI
    Current Employee - Design Associate in Caledonia, WI

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a pay check.
    You realize you need to make a change in your life once you have worked here, unless you are stupid enough to pursue a career here.

Cons

Have to work weekends, not a big enough employees to ask off weekends, nothing to do, boring, the company never has product in stock and can not make promises to customers, you do not get ANY vacation time until you worked here for a year, pay is low, commission is only 3% of what you sell, unorganized, the sales employees have to deal with a lot of abuse from customers. I wanted to cry everyday before working here. No training, and one of the other employees is too incompetent.

Advice to Management

Stop making promises you can't keep.
    Treat your employees better

"Company has too many problems they past on to the sales force"

Former Employee - Store Leader in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Store Leader in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck
    You get sales and design experience

Cons

Upper management does not understand cabinetry
    Low pay for managers
    Product issues prevent you from making commissions
    Damages your selling reputation
    Upper management fires competent employees preferring complacent ones
    Corrupt resourcing of product (not the owners fault)
    Completely non competitive on the west coast
    No training, impossible to fill your clients order, and your have to teach yourself everything because cabinets to go offer no support or training for their sales staff.

Advice to Management

Get rid of your overhead. Also, get your head out of your arrogant asses. You lost some incredible sales people due to your choices of store locations and company policies. Also, do not make up criminal reasons to fire people when you have no proof. this did not happen to me, but to several of the long term employees who I left behind. If your not gonna press charges, it didn't happen. Don't act like the big box stores when your advertising makes so much fun of the home depot, lowes, and other large brand store that sell cabinetry. All these things adversely affect your customers who build relationship to you threw your sales staff. You may get lucky and have someone tutor you... untill they get fired or leave.

8. "Store Manager"

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great job, fellow employees are great, always there to help you

Cons

Management not helpful at all, will not communicate at all. They never give you a heads up on problems that are known.

Advice to Management

Have your staff's back,

9. "Great Potential"

Former Employee - Store Manager
    Former Employee - Store Manager

I worked at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Enthusiastic leadership team is headed in the right direction

Cons

Can't stay on top of the growth trajectory for an extended period of time

Advice to Management

Suck it up and give everything you can to your customers

"Would be great with more structure"

Pros

Lots of income potential, national advertising to feed leads, ability to make as much as you want to if you're good at closing sales.

Cons

Product outages were horrible... but I have heard things have gotten much better since then. Communication from upper management and mostly corporate was lacking horribly.

Advice to Management

Make flat rules and stick to them. Get employees product to sell instead of fancy sign packages and vanity displays.

11. "Enjoyed watching the growth of this company"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company has completed a 180. I really wish I was able to continue the rest of this journey with them. Pay was pretty good with leadership that continues to improve how store personnel is treated. When I first started with the company inventory was a huge problem. Today I can tell you that is not the story. Thanks Mr. Burdock for making the end of this journey so good!

Cons

Long hours, high medical coverage for a family, No 401K plan, No heat in the warehouse that I had to work in, IT department lacks.

Advice to Management

I think you all are heading in the right direction. I do wish orders in the west could of been separated by customer orders. Good luck Cabinets To Go!