Cabinets To Go! Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Thomas Sullivan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Every one should love their job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growing stable company that promotes from with in before looking for outside people. I love my job. Been working with Cabinets to Go for 3 years and have seen many changes and almost all have all turned out to be what was needed.

Cons

Cannot think of any real cons.

2. "Designer at Cabinets To Go"

Current Employee - Designer
    Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time

Pros

Amazing Leaders, Awesome Products, Wonderful Company!
    If you have the right attitude and are eager/willing to learn and grow then there is no limit to your success with Cabinets To Go! I can’t say enough good about working here.

Cons

You definitely need to be able to multitask with interruptions and have a lot of patience.

Advice to Management

It would be AWESOME to have an Administrative position at each location to greet Customers, answer general product questions, answer phones/relay messages, file, etc. so that Designers can work on designs with Customers in the store with less interruptions.

3. "Great Place to work and have FUN!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Lawrenceburg, TN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Lawrenceburg, TN

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cabinets to Go is a fast growing company with lots of promotion opportunities. I was promoted from a sales associate to a store manager. Several people from our customer care department have moved up from sales associates to store managers as well. I would highly recomend this company to anybody looking to advance.

Cons

If you are running a store and you want it to be successful you have to put in the hours. This could be a pro or con.

Advice to Management

Keep improving! We are taking big steps in the right direction. CTG STRONG!

4. "I needed a CAREER not another JOB"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every employee is treated equal. The company tries to promote from within opportunities are endless. Management has your back 💯 percent of the time. Any concern or complaint is open for discussion and they truly want your feed back so the issue can be resolved. Competitive pay rates Excellent benefits

Cons

Working Saturdays is required (high foot traffic day)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work .... It means so much when we know you guys believe in us!

5. "AWESOME PLACE TO WORK!!!"

Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Lawrenceburg, TN
    Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Lawrenceburg, TN

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to Cabinets To Go frome Home Depot. I feel like I can give my customers something I couldn't at Home Depot,, A great price for a great product!! I am in the people business and Cabinets To Go helps me to help my customers.. Great place to work!! I took a cut in pay, but gave my self a raise. The benefits are awesome! I hope to have my own store someday, and I don't think I'm dreaming too big, I can make it happen!!

Cons

I can't thing of anything that I would change,,

Advice to Management

We need more options for our customers!!

6. "A solid company"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Merrillville, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Merrillville, IN

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Minimal micro-management. You're given the opportunity to run your store as you see fit.
    Upper management seems solid, they don't withhold information from you and are continuously looking for ways to improve the company.
    Salary is okay, commission keeps you motivated to generate sales and think outside the box.
    Work life balance is a real thing! Closed at 6pm, closed on Sundays, closed on just about every holiday.
    The designing/sales side of the job is actually fun once you get the hang of it.
    Staffing is minimal, so you really get in to a daily rhythm/form friendships with the ones you work with.
    Overall, I'm happy with my choice to come on board. I genuinely feel appreciated and valued as an employee here. CTG is still such a young company and I'm very excited to be a part of it's growth.

Cons

If you're not committed or sales driven I wouldn't recommend the job. Minimal staffing means you're at your store 6 days a week - Open to close. Vacation time is next to non existent (if you're fully staffed and you've made friends out of your coworkers, they normally have no issue with you taking an extra day or two off here and there.)

Advice to Management

The company is on a road map to success. Keep up the great work!

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Blaine, MN
    Current Employee - Kitchen Designer in Blaine, MN

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is awesome really cares about their employees as far as their growth and their success the management is amazing best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Sometimes getting an answer to the customer about their order and it happens to be something I can't control is hard

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing you are amazing

8. "Great company to grow with"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is a great fit for anyone who’s searching for a long term career. Lots of advancement opportunities and the company likes to promote from within. You get to personally make an impact in the growth of a company that’s continually expanding and be apart of it vs. just clocking in and out like other work environments may feel.

Cons

This is a benefit for some, but micro-managing doesn’t happen much here. If you aren’t self-sufficient and self-motivating, this may not be a good fit. There’s plenty of direction and advice from upper-management, but also free reign to manage as you would like to.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing and continue to give others the amazing opportunities you have given me.

9. "Sales driven organization"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Bolingbrook, IL

Pros

Allows you to manage a location the way you see fit. Puts you in the shoes of a business owner

Cons

Its a private company that doesn’t give much training. It pretty much is a learn on the job situation that puts you at a disadvantage at the start.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive during training. Set up a roadmap for new hires. That’ll help create confidence

10. "Lift driver"

Current Employee - Fork Lift Driver in Lawrenceburg, TN
    Current Employee - Fork Lift Driver in Lawrenceburg, TN

I have been working at Cabinets To Go! full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere no one shouting orders

Cons

Pay could be better long hours

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work