Call Box Reviews | Glassdoor

Reid Wakefield

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Courageous Penguin"

I have been working at Call Box full-time

Pros

Call Box's pace is fast and they demand a lot from their people.
    Good pay for those who produce and put in the time.
    Casual and laid back environment.
    The people push me to do my best every day.
    Management puts in a lot of energy into developing their people. The champions are rewarded.

Cons

Can be chaotic and we often act rather than waiting for the "perfect" plan.
    It's not a company for everyone. There are a lot of unknowns and for people who want a guaranteed success before beginning a project or meeting a new client, they won't find it here.

Advice to Management

Transparency is uniquely important and valuable at Call Box. As we grow, we should do our best to maintain that.

"Front end Developer"

I worked at Call Box full-time

Pros

Good people, multiple jobs to perform, good for freshers to learn more

Cons

Less pay , chaos, no benefits, not much growth

Aug 27, 2018 – Recruiter

For anyone else looking in here, here's a short list of benefits Call Box offers:

- Medical + Dental insurance
    - Immediate PTO (you don't have to eventually accrue it)
    - 401k matching
    - Reading... More

3. "Very positive company culture"

I have been working at Call Box full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, young and vibrant . Great for people who are motivated and self propelling - lot of growth opportunities. Good flexibility on work from home.

Cons

Not much pay raise for developers

Advice to Management

Higher pay for developers

"Great opportunity for the right people"

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Call Box full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

More experience and opportunity than any other company will allow you. You're given opportunity based on potential -- if you demonstrate that you're the kind of person who will go above and beyond and want to take risks, you'll be given incredible chances to push yourself to new heights.

Incredible people and close friendships.

Wonderful benefits.

Great work/life balance.

Cons

As with every software company that's tackling new challenges, sometimes things break. Being on the client side of things was a bit stressful at times when trying to mitigate those situations, but everything always worked out in the end.

Advice to Management

I think it would be beneficial to do official internal job postings & interviews for new opportunities that arise within the company. Often times you'd hear about someone getting a new role that you didn't even realize was an option. This could help make sure that the absolute best person for the job got a chance to compete for it.

5. "Consulting"

I worked at Call Box full-time

Pros

Good people and fun environment

Cons

Low salary compared to other companies

Advice to Management

Low salary

Aug 27, 2018 – Recruiter

An update for you: we've raised the AC starting salary and restructured the phase/compensation plan.

6. "Associate Consultant"

I worked at Call Box full-time

Pros

Great work environment, culture, and people. A lot of room for growth

Cons

Low starting salary. Very little structure (not necessarily a bad thing).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Maybe increase starting salaries so you can land great candidates.

7. "Client Engagement"

I have been working at Call Box full-time

Pros

- Lots of opportunity for personal, career growth

- Innovative, risk-taking tech company with tons of potential

- Management/Executive Team genuinely values and cares for employees

- Really fun company-wide parties

- Leading call tracking software in multiple industries

- Clients consistently rate us with highest level of satisfaction

- Young but very talented workforce creates highly energetic work environment

Cons

- Fast growth puts some strain on departments

- Can be difficult to maintain work-life balance

- Some people aren't up for the challenge so we do see some employee churn

Advice to Management

No major advice. Keep pushing for innovation and dreaming big.

"If you're applying here, you're not looking hard enough"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant/Special Projects in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant/Special Projects in Dallas, TX

I worked at Call Box full-time

Pros

CI/CB does hire out-of-college individuals and doesn't distinguish based on major which I am grateful for.
    If you're hired and/or promoted into the automotive sector, then good. That's the only product given resources, more importantly a leadership team over the age of 25.
    You'll be given lots of opportunity to practice and enhance your public speaking skills. I do believe that is valuable.

Cons

CI/CB wants to believe they're so much better than the hundreds of other tech, start-up-esque companies out there. But they are exactly that. Nothing more; nothing less. They hire a bunch of young kids, pay them crap and disguise the lack of pay+job security+regular raises+end of year bonsuses with a ping pong table and other "look at how fun/hip/cool with are" stuff. Moreover it's a call tracking software. They're business is literally listening to calls. You'll send the better part of your employment trying to find a way to make your company's product sound so much better than it actually is. You must remember, your job (unless you're development) will involve customer service for a product that continuously breaks down. They give their Sales team free reign to promise whatever they want to get a contract and everyone else, especially consultants, are responsible for living up to these unobtainable customer expectations. Be prepared for angry customers calls and emails.
    One of the executives has a phobia to females and a Napoleon complex. Great combo as you can imagine.
    Save your "but it's casual Friday everyday" mentality. I'd take a professional looking and acting company over CB any day.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to expand into every other industry possible without taking time to really understand the business. The lack of industry knowledge shows. And you don't even delegate resources away some automotive to adequately support other sectors anyway.
    With high turnover rates in entry level positions, you've left your middle management team with hardly any employees to staff their teams with that are qualified and knowledgeable in the product. You also need to stop moving employees around teams so much on such short notice as it leaves the middle management scrambling to re-distribute their work load. And back to my last point, they don't have enough employees qualified to handle the work load.

Aug 27, 2018 – Recruiter

11 people find this 2016 review helpful. I want to set the record straight. (1) Call tracking is a valuable business solution; even more so in an age when phone skills have diminished. (2) We've... More

"Great job, low pay"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Call Box full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a developer you have some freedom as to what you work on. There are opportunities to learn new things. Everyone works hard and is very helpful. Great health benefits. The people are great and overall it's a fun place.

Cons

Very low pay for developers. Starting salary ~40K. Typically developers stay around the 50-60K range and don't move much beyond that. They try to hire young developers with little experience so that they can pay them on the low end and keep them there.

There are other places to work that will pay you almost double what Call Box will as a developer. Don't sell yourself short.

Advice to Management

Pay your developers what they are worth or they will continue to leave. You have the money. Call Box is very profitable and growing and it's in large part due to the development team.

10. "Getting better daily"

Current Employee - Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Call Box full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Spend my day coding and fixing a program that thousands of people actually use. I actually get to choose what I work on. If I think we're doing something wrong then I can come up with a new way to do it. Our dev management team needs more technical exp though the team is strong and has our backs. Everything is 180 better since last year. People listen here.

Cons

There should be more understanding when my project deadlines are affected by support issues. That comes with the terriroty of course. Same at old job. There's no denying that we need more workers but we're hiring fast so I guess not really a Con.

Advice to Management

Don't go easy on certain people just because you think their funny.