CallSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Elliot Leiboff

1. "Great People, Company & Opportunity!"

Current Employee - RSM in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - RSM in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at CallSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Callsource cares about their employees and traditional promotes from within. The other think that impressed me about Callsource is the longevity of it's employees. Especially on the sales team. 10, 8, 6 years at the company. They are family oriented and encourage a good work / life balance. Open door policy with even the owner and executive management team. They offer training, even things that you wouldn't expect but can help you in your role. They actually care about their customers and customer service is a top priority with the organization.

Cons

As I suspect in other companies that have remote employees something informations isn't funneled out. Good news is people are open to assist with any challenge or issue you have. They were a little late to the party with some technology enhancements, but seems that they have identified and moving forward with this now.

Advice to Management

keep pushing forward - were moving in the right direction. be open to change or think outside the box.... this industry does... :-)

Apr 5, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you!!! We really appreciate your feedback and value you as an employee!

2. "Great Company, Always Growing"

Current Employee - Business Advisor in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Business Advisor in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working here for over 3 years, working my way up from Client Support to my current role as a Business Advisor. If you put forth effort and show what areas you have strengths in, you will absolutely have an opportunity to work with your strengths and move up within the company.

The owner, VP, and all management are in the same building with you, there is no one "scary" to approach and the people are one of the best aspects at CallSource. You can talk to anyone and everyone is so nice and kind, it's a one of a kind environment here. I've even made some great friends.

We participate in Corporate Games every year where whoever wants to can play sports with their colleagues, there are other events internally for employees' such as our annual Holiday Party at the Four Seasons, an annual Summer Picnic, Bagel Friday, Halloween Costume Contest & party...the list goes on. They really put in effort to make sure their employees have a great work environment.

The company may have been on a decline years ago, but any comments on that are outdated, as CallSource has only been improving and expanding since I started working here. I would recommend anyone interested in sales, business, marketing, or even starting out and wanting to work their way up and develop these skills to work here. I know I have already learned a lot in my time here so far.

Cons

The company has been working on what previously were cons, and still using improvement but I will say they are improving--open communication with the company on initiatives, making sure we're all on the same page and aware of everything--I really have no cons to say about CallSource.

Advice to Management

Great job, keep the momentum going that has been happening. Good things are to come.

Apr 5, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you so much for your comprehensive review. You help us get better and better!.

3. "Great Company, Awesome Management"

Current Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Initiative and ambition is recognized and rewarded here. Management is forward thinking, approachable and open to ideas. Work environment is positive and communication is encouraged. There is a lot of opportunity for those who bring a strong work ethic and positive attitude.

Cons

As of now, there are no cons to mention

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Feb 13, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your comments! You make all of our hard work worth the effort! :=)

5. "sales account manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at CallSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly company with great training. Able to earn good income in first year

Cons

located in expensive Westlake Village, requiring a long commute for me

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Feb 7, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate them and you!

6. "One of the rare companies which actually cares about it's employees"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As the title would indicate, CallSource goes above and beyond to show appreciation towards its employees. I've worked at companies where there is nothing fun done for the employees, no summer party, not Christmas party, just lots of work with few, if any, Thank Yous. At CallSource, they spend a good amount of money on fun activities to show employees they're appreciated and provide them with a comfortable and happy work environment. There are a fair amount of advancement opportunities, and pay is competitive. Office itself is clean, bright, comfortable, and the lunch room is great. Most coworkers are friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Entry-level positions in customer service are micro-managed, and new opportunities to advance out of the department can sometimes be slow to pop up, resulting in extended periods at that position. CallSource also employs several employees in their mid-20's, which can result in a sometimes immature vibe. This, however, is not unique to CallSource, and is simply an unfortunate byproduct of a social-media obsessed society.

Advice to Management

Continue making efforts to show appreciation. Be more open and honest about future plans. Ambiguity in regards to a long term plan can cause needless uneasiness among employees.

7. "A Company Like Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The executive team has worked hard to become more communicative with the employees, answer questions in weekly company wide meetings, share information on our collective goals and the impact each person has on our success. There are tons of fun office celebrations, corporate games and company events that are lighthearted and full of rad prizes. I've seen people grow into incredible roles or move on with their new found skills to a job they really love. It's truly become a fantastic work environment.

Cons

Like any family, we have our issues. The main cons are being addressed through unifying the leadership and making accountability (not blame) a part of daily life. There used to be a sense of dismay in the office, but i have seen great progress made as people hear directly from the executives what the company is working towards, why certain decisions are made and not others, and how the company has chosen to take care of the employees despite how it may look and many other cons that have been turned into pros. Running a company is extremely difficult in California and despite the challenges, the executive team has done their very best to make their people the priority.

Advice to Management

Keep up this new energy, it's working!

8. "Good Products & Great Leadership"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CallSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company hires right and promotes from within. Managers share priority for continuous professional development.

Cons

Steep stairs up to the second floor

Advice to Management

thank you for a great experience. Clint Smith rocks!

9. "CallSource is a Company with Heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Day 1 I recognized the very positive environment and friendly, team oriented culture. It has been my experience to be treated with respect, encouragement and empowerment; along with the support and motivation to strive for excellence. A welcomed balance of challenge and spirit!

Cons

Westlake is lovely and upscale - lunch can be pricey.

10. "Anyone with a positive attitude and reasonable skills can thrive at CallSource"

Current Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at CallSource full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team spirit, open communication with management, strong training and support. Career advancement with lots of promotion from within. Good insurance, 401(k) with matching, fun company events. We take pride in our work because we provide real value to our clients.

Cons

The interview process can be rigorous. Westlake Village is beautiful, but housing in the immediate area is rather expensive. Many employees find it preferable to commute.

Advice to Management

Live up to our core beliefs: Integrity, responsibility, accountability, professionalism, and servant leadership. Do the right thing. Practice blameless problem solving and servant leadership, honor commitments, find a way, get clear on expectations, share information, make quality personal, deliver results, and celebrate success.

11. "Bully culture is tolerated and ignored."

Former Employee - Full Time Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Full Time Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at CallSource full-time

Pros

None good area food neatby

Cons

My friend was bullied out the door as were nearly everyone on her team by an unscrupulous psycho who the company kept promoting. No one did a thing or believed it was even happening. Well I got a job here too and the same thing happened with a different manager. Bullying at work is illegal but no one sues because they aren't paid enough. Shame on you Callsource.

Nov 28, 2016 – Chief People Officer

Dear Poster We want to thank you for your post. We would really like to improve as a result of your post but it becomes difficult when we don't know who the poster is and what situation they're ... More