Campfire Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Pradeep Seneviratne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic company with great coworkers!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had a family issue and the company was very accommodating, going above and beyond what I would expect from an employer that is very supportive. The company has rewarded my hard work in terms of compensation, but also by allowing me the flexibility. Coworkers are great. Feels like we are all in the same family. Besides, free coffee, tea as well as free lunch at the end of each month or special event.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with this organization.

2. "Great place to work with lot of professional opportunities"

I have been working at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am working at campfire for a long time and very job satisfied. Great team, flexible environment, supportive management and well defined role and job deliverables. Great place for anyone grow professionally with passion and little supervision.

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Periodic professional training in the respective areas can help employees to perform more effectively.

3. "Innovative Ann Arbor company with a bright future"

Pros

I came from a large development team to Campfire to experience the challenges of a smaller team. I was happy to see that management supported efforts to bring new technologies and processes to the team.  The challenge of rolling this out was something I was excited to take on; especially knowing management was behind me.

Also, the work environment is very flexible. And though evenings and weekends are sometimes required, the in-office days and hours are not very stringent and the dev team is able to work remotely 2 days/week most weeks.

The management team over the past 2 years has been pushing for some unique product ideas and it is exciting to see the customer enthusiasm for these capabilities.

Cons

The implementation of new technologies, processes and methods is always a challenge and change can be difficult at times. Not everyone is always on board with learning new things, so this has been a challenge for me.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the team to reach their potential, there is an exciting road ahead for Campfire.

4. "No Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Developer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Campfire Interactive full-time

Pros

Free Lunch on last Friday of the month

Cons

Micromanagement and No raises

Expect to work a lot late at night and on the weekends to meet code deadlines.

Advice to Management

Respect all employees and compensate each one based on performance

5. "No work-life balance"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Remote work 2 days a week for developers, ok health benefits

Cons

Work load is over the top. Deadlines are never reached and management will try to call you at all hours of the day. The "development team" is so fragmented that no one will help the other, mostly from fear of falling behind deadlines even more.

Advice to Management

Treat your developers better. No developer can be expected to work 10 hours a day.

6. "Small company with huge opportunities to learn, innovate and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been with this company for the past 10 years and it has been a great journey.
    Opportunities to explore, learn, freedom to innovate, prototype and present ideas, hands-on with latest technologies, flexibility at work, great colleagues, open-minded management are a few things that make this a desirable work place.
    It is a small group of hard-working and committed professionals.

Cons

Not a whole lot. Constant re-prioritization of work with demand to work hard and quickly deliver. There is a lot of work and critical projects that need a bigger workforce to handle effectively.

7. "Good opportunity to grow along with company"

Current Employee - Director of IT in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Director of IT in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Campfire is a nice place to work, learn and grow, uses latest technology for the development and IT infrastructure. I have learnt efficient and cost effective way of doing work at Campfire. For certain roles remote work is an added value, good communication between different team of people. Hard work is always rewarded at Campfire. In the past 8 months I am working remotely overseas and the communication between the team gives feeling like I am in the office.

Company have partnership with software giant (eg. Microsoft) and other vendors.

Fast growing company and have opportunity to grow along with company, the more you leverage your skills the more you grow and get rewarded.

Cons

Small company, have to put some extra hours to meet deadline, which I believe is an common one.

"Good place to learn new things"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working at Campfire Interactive as a full-time employee for more than five years

Pros – Skilled, dedicated, competitive colleagues that make going to work every day a joy. There is Interaction with various functions and across levels. Work environment is more like a flat organization. Process oriented approach to daily operations and management of tasks

Cons

Cons – Rapid pace of Product Development and deployment. Have frequent changes in upcoming plans.

9. "Small company, big opportunity"

Pros

Pros:
    I have worked for Campfire in various administrative and operations roles for more than 5 years. The company has provided me endless opportunities to learn new skills, take on new projects and positions within the company and carve out career path for myself after being out of the workforce for many years. The company has rewarded my hard work in terms of compensation, but also by allowing me the flexibility to be available for my children and family when required.

As a small company, Campfire is able to treat each employee as an individual and consider the strengths and skills that each person brings to the team and utilize them accordingly. Though the hours and pace can sometimes be difficult, I feel the company makes an effort to balance the often intense work days and deadlines with humor and a light hearted atmosphere.

Cons

Cons:
    The demands and interactions at Campfire are intense and often require flexibility and frequent reprioritization. Career growth opportunities are available, but you need to carve them out for yourself and make them happen.

10. "A place offers truly unique opportunities"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Campfire Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Campfire is unbelievable place to start and build a career. Working for Campfire has pushed me to work harder and smarter than I ever have in my life. Campfire offers a truly unique opportunity for all their employees.

For the past 7 years at Campfire, I have not only learned a great deal, but I have also been compensated for my hard work. I was in other IT companies for 6 years before landing my job at Campfire and it gave me a tremendous opportunity to success my long term carrier. Campfire also gave me the opportunity to come to the USA with H1 sponsorship and processed my Permanent Residence Visa within the first 3 years I have been with the company.

It is a friendly working environment in Campfire while doing the great job. Regular lunch outings, family get-togethers and many events help us to build the social interaction with people at Campfire from CEO to miner. Flat organization structure minimizes the opportunity of managing a team but it enhances the ways of reaching to the top person.

Cons

The hardest part of the job is the same as any IT job, having the mental endurance to keep positive after having a tough long working hours. However, if you work hard you will be compensated in many ways, as well as recognized by your peers, leadership, and the company. It is as simple as you get out of it what you put in. We are growing quickly and it is an exciting time at Campfire.