CareGuide Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
John Philip Green

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Really good learning experience"

Pros

I learnt a lot about the business in a very short time. I was challenged but also given a lot of guidance to do my role. The atmosphere is very friendly and open and the CEO John has a open door policy which I really appreciated

Cons

The work is not routine and its more projects based

2. "Ingenuine CEO - what you see is not what you get"

I have been working at CareGuide full-time

Pros

Great work life balance
    Career development perks
    Focus on promoting women in tech

Cons

CEO not forthright with employees on matters such as equity, culture
    Nepotism - employees close with CEO get promoted
    Product is still very much web 2.0

"An Exceptional Place with Exceptional People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CareGuide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Brilliant team members who actively build others up.
    - Extensive opportunities to both develop professional skills & grow as an individual.
    - High-performance culture that is committed to identifying issues & improving.
    - Leadership team is transparent, honest, and approachable.
    - Autonomous environment where employees are trusted to solve problems.
    - Cohesive teams that succeed together, rather than as individuals.

At CareGuide, the team believes you can do amazing things.

My manager has pushed me to be better, supported me when I've stumbled, and been consistently invested in my success since day one.

Leaders on other teams have invested time in helping me develop new skills, despite incredibly full schedules.

Ideas are listened to & engaged with even if they don't come from the most experienced person. Of course, not every idea can be the best idea, but there's space for you to share & receive feedback.

The company thinks long-term about individuals, and helps foster each hire's trajectory. I don't think I could have grown more anywhere else.

Cons

The company dog could come in to the office more 🐶

Advice to Management

Keep on building folks up 🚀

"Amazing High Growth Startup"

Pros

- Great team full of super competent and keen people - senior management is also very approachable
    - Very inclusive + cohesive culture and values
    - Worked interesting projects and had a lot of autonomy

Cons

- Sometimes departments felt a little disconnected from each other, would have liked to gotten to know some team members more

"Hustling for the sake of apperances"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at CareGuide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Given the opportunity to learn from some really talented engineers
    - Location
    - Some very nice coworkers who I still call friend to this day

Cons

- Unclear vision
    - Product takes a back seat to business growth and making the numbers look good to investors
    - Multidisciplinary teams was a bad idea
    - Favoritism and special treatment for a select few

Advice to Management

I can't pretend to know enough to advise management on how to grow a business. I can however tell them that I left Careguide feeling tossed aside. Do not promise a workplace where employee growth is a priority, when that isn't the truth.

"Who's leading what?"

I have been working at CareGuide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Select fun and outgoing individuals to work with. Some team activities. Some good leadership. Good location

Cons

It is difficult to work with people who refuse to grasp collaborative work and think they know better than anyone else. Some people continue to produce sub par work and have no open mind to changes. Very difficult to push ideas forward when there is no transparency and everything is based on lies. Little to no support or encouragement given to employees actually making an effort to help grow the company. A few silo individuals make all the decisions and the rest have to do what they say. There is no teamwork on changes and the product continues to suffer. How about Instead of focusing only on what drives revenue up, focus on what customers want. They will be more likely to buy if you build product they can use properly. Lots of micromanaging and not enough fluidity to trust individuals to do and excel in their work. Meetings, not focused on fixing the product or creating a plan to action. More talking and less execution on ideas. The vision is still unclear, and I have concerns about the future of this company.

Advice to Management

Be mindful of these reviews, and taking action on making meaningful changes on making this a good work environment that people will be proud to work at because if you don’t more people will leave and it will be of no fault but your own.

"Glass Ceiling"

I worked at CareGuide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The view, vacation policy, customer support, design, engineering, the foundational concept of the company is still one I believe in, autonomy, espresso machine, chairs, benefits and location.

Cons

Company lacks internal resources to deal with managerial problems, particularly those coming from leadership. Compensation is poor compared to industry standard. Senior management lacks interpersonal skills required for the teams under them to succeed. Product is not given enthusiasm, focus or attention. Departments are not equally valued nor resourced. Punitive measures are drastically skewed to favor special relationships over the needs of the rest of the employee base. Constant request for mentorship fell on deaf ears.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as equals. Do not promote dishonesty with social posts of 'next to zero turn-over' when 5 employees have left. It's very hurtful to those who have invested their time into your company only for you to act like we had zero impact. Do not slander employees to other employees, it is shameful behavior. Humble yourself – spend more time trying to improve internal culture rather than impressing outward tech community-based on an exaggerated truth. Oh, and it is possible to have A-players who don't operate as bullies with elbows-out.

"High performance startup with stellar culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at CareGuide full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Diverse team full of ultra sharp engineers and high performers across the board creating a cohesive culture with a passion to perform

* Very strong business performance allowing the company to dedicate significant resources behind various initiatives (product, engineering, marketing, growth)

* Senior management's active focus on career growth and development within and outside of CareGuide

Cons

* Performance driven culture can sometimes result in a high pressure environment -- but hey, its a startup!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Call me McDonald's cause I'm lovin' it"

I have been working at CareGuide full-time

Pros

Everyone is very friendly. There is a great culture, and the work is challenging. There is flex hours, everyone works according to a schedule they are most comfortable with. Few people are also working remotely.

Cons

There is a lot of ownership to one's own work. If you not are person that can set targets for yourself and work independently, you won't do well.

"Customer Success Specialist"

Pros

People are great and positive! Culture is relaxed and engaging and the location is convenient, with so many great restaurants nearby. The interview process is very smooth with fast updates and people make you feel very welcomed here.

Cons

I can't think of any cons of working here.