KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Castlight and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

May 17, 2022 - Tier-1 Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

Castlight has an amazing work culture and really looks after their employees

Cons

No gym discounts in their benefits for certain employees, which is strange for a Healthcare company

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent culture and people with an opportunity to drive innovation in healthcare and wellbeing

Jan 19, 2022 - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

• The corporate culture and focus on employee wellbeing is one of the best I've experienced • Recently announced merger with Vera Whole Health and new private equity investment which should provide more of an opportunity to drive additional innovation in healthcare and wellbeing • Excellent company paid benefits for employees, and good compensation for the industry

Cons

• Employee Turnover: There's been a lot of employee attrition recently, and it appears to be due to the organization's need to innovate its product offering, strategy, and skillsets • Structure: Because of legacy acquisitions and employee turnover, there's somewhat of a siloed environment with a lot of inefficiencies that could use more structure and increased collaboration between teams • Culture: While it's my favorite part of my experience so far, it's not for everyone. Colleagues are nice and respectful, but expectations are high and the organization is demanding more accountability, measurement, innovation, and prioritization. I enjoy this, but it is not for everyone.

2 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent company to work for

Mar 23, 2022 - Senior Manager, Business Applications in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance. Compelling vision to fix healthcare. Great leadership team. Very supportive and caring management. One of the best companies I've ever worked for. The culture truly is amazing and diversity and inclusion is not just a mantra, but something very tangible here.

Cons

Sometimes we seem to be a little understaffed for the number of projects we tackle. We run lean and mean and get a lot done but occasionally I'd like a few more resources. I'm also not sure about career ladder progression yet as I'm fairly new. I think they could do better by having more frequent yet smaller promotions.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked. Truly.

Dec 8, 2021 - Quality Coach in Sandy, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been at other companies that talk a lot about growth within the company and culture and this is actually the first place I've truly experienced that. It is so genuine here. The leadership just wants you to succeed professionally and personally and gives you so many tools and resources to be able to do so. They have a lot of faith in their employees that has really stood out to me. Stock, competitive pay, tools and resources, lots of perks, and fantastic benefits

Cons

Honestly, they've been too lenient on employees that aren't pulling their weight and it's really hard to get fired (some think that's a good thing but there needs to be a better balance). This has started to negatively affect those that do show up but I feel they've taken this feedback seriously and have already started taking corrective actions. (but are still empathetic to giving people a chance and actually care if the reason they aren't performing well is because of personal hardships)

Castlight Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to fostering an environment where we listen to our employees, reflect on our operations, and continue to work on ways to improve. We are happy to hear about your positive experience and look forward to partnering with employees to make Castlight a great place to work!

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great colleagues

Apr 28, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great set of people to work with.

Cons

Company focus was not clear at that time.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Probably not worth your time

Mar 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good mission. Some good/smart people.

Cons

Many people managers and product managers are unqualified and/or consistently underperform. Some of them are internal transfers that didn't have any previous experience in management or product but got promoted due to favoritism, company loyalty, or being "Yes men/women" (i.e. fake positivity, blind obedience). Little to no raises. I actually make less now than when I started, accounting for inflation.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Great company, awesome benefits

Feb 23, 2022 - Assistant General Counsel
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love the trust the company puts in you to excel in your work. Benefits are also very generous

Cons

Benefits are great, but the high deductible plan for employees living outside of California is a bit outrageous!

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Working here

Apr 13, 2022 - Senior Technical Lead
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and would be willing to work with you on your schedule.

Cons

The company made a big move to another state.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good company overall, some frustrations

Nov 5, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

I felt very supported by my direct team. I liked the folks I worked with, and I felt generally people cared about each other and wanted everyone to succeed. Hours were good, aside from a few expected busy periods I rarely worked late and had a ton of flexibility in when and how to get stuff done. Benefits are great.

Cons

Some teams had a very narrow view on what they owned or had a role on which made collaboration very frustrating at times. The company functioned like an early to mid stage startup in some ways (scrappier than they should have been at this stage) but then were super bureaucratic in others. Pay felt below market (again, not a startup but acts like one in some ways)

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Change of pace employer

Jan 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers outstanding benefits, it is a progressive and inclusive workplace and leadership does its best to take care of the workforce.

Cons

There is not nearly enough cross departmental communication.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 431 Reviews

Castlight Reviews FAQs

Castlight has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 467 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Castlight to a friend and 74% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Castlight employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Castlight. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

78% of Castlight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Castlight 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Castlight to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Castlight Job Seekers