Castlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Deal Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews before an in-person interview. Valerie did a great job of walking me through the process. She followed up with me after every interview and her confidence in Castlight was awesome. When I had the opportunity to interview in person, I felt like the atmosphere was very productive and a place I wanted to be apart of. The in-person consisted of 6 employees both remote and on-site from different teams. This gave me a great sense of how the company works and the team atmosphere I was looking for.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

This company is a mess. Looking at their stock price, they’ve been hovering on the cusp of getting delisted for a while and I bet it’s culture and people. I spoke with a recruiter for an hour and thought he was nice. Days later, he set up a call with the hiring manager. The hiring manager has ZERO personality. For being a marketing interview, I was shocked at how little emotion this person emitted. He didn’t seem like he would know a good marketing collateral if it hit him in the face. Also, this company is very low-paying. Very very glad I did not continue with them. The exact same role at other companies were offered for 30K more and the people were way more interesting and engaging. And those companies stock prices are closer to $230.

Leadership Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

One interviewer called me an hour before scheduled time, next interviewer forgot I was coming in and had no idea who I was. Last interviewer spent 20 minutes. I felt that their hiring practices were scattered.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

I had a talk with one of the recruiters at the UC Berkeley Career Fair and received an email and a call a few weeks later to set up a phone screen and in-person interview. I went to SF for an on-site and was placed in a room for 4 interviews but only one of the interviews was in person and the rest were through a video. I was wondering why I was even asked to come in person given that most of the interviews were virtual. One of the interviewers over the video call was very difficult to understand and I was unable to comprehend his question because of the poor audio quality. The office, however, is really cool and in a great location in SF.

Test Automation Framework Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for this position online and soon few days later, he contacted me. I had 1 call with recruiter where he asked about my background, salary expectation etc. Nothing unexpected, it was smooth. Later, I was scheduled for a technical phone interview with a person who was not part of the team I was interviewing for. Based on his comments, he seemed mostly from Manual test team. It was a video interview. They shared a coderpad link to do coding. The interviewer was nice, he went over my background and experience. Apparently, he was not at all prepared for interviewing me. While I was answering he was searching online and asking me random questions. Since, he was from Manual test team, the level of interview was very low. He asked me very basic questions on SQL Joins, gave couple of queries to write and a simple coding question. There was not a single moment where I felt I didn't do well. After 4 days, the recruiter sent an email saying we'll proceed with other candidates. I was literally surprised and shocked, I asked him for the feedback. He was nice enough to send me an email saying I'll check with the interviewer and get back. But as always, he never got back. Utter waste of time. There was not even 0.1% chance of rejection as I answered all of his questions, he acknowledged and appreciated my answers as well. God knows why they rejected.
    Feedback to the team: Please respect candidates and their time, make sure to provide some level of feedback when you reject them. They are working hard to prepare for the interviews and make the cut, when you just reject them without any reason, this shows how good of a company you are. :/

Advice to candidates: Please select employers with some brand name, else you'll end up in the same situation as i did.

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter, Valerie M., reached out to me a few days after to schedule a phone screening. During the call, Valerie provided me with details not only about the position, but also about the type of benefits offered by Castlight. After speaking with Valerie, I was even more excited about the role and the possibility of joining the company.

About a week or so after speaking with Valerie, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Shortly after, I had an on site interview. Valerie kept me updated throughout the whole selection process. She responded to my emails within a matter of minutes, regardless if it was past business hours! I have to say that she is one of the best recruiters I've worked with. Not only is she such a pleasure to speak with, she is also very transparent and does not play the usual games that I've been so used to when dealing with other recruiters. Very positive experience throughout!!!!

Interview Questions

Castlight Response

Dec 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing this review. Our team strives to ensure a positive candidate experience as part of our employer brand. We appreciate Valerie's efforts and her reflecting Castlight culture. Thanks again!

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter first and then had a phone interview with a member of the team. I was asked to interview on-site with 4 people (45 minutes each) and make a 45 minute presentation. After spending many hours preparing for the on-site interview and presentation, they ghosted me. Email follow up 5 days later with the recruiter indicated that she was still waiting for feedback but I haven't heard anything since and the job is no longer posted on their website.

Interview Questions

• You've worked at a large company and a small company, how do you think you will do working at a medium size company?   1 Answer

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in November 2019.

Interview

The Process:

1. Phone interview with Recruiter
    2. Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3. Onsite with team
    4. Onsite with Mgmt (I didn't experience this one)

My experience:

After completing the first 3 rounds of the process, the hiring manager told me that he would follow-up in 1-2 days. Instead, I was completely ghosted by the company, and never heard from them again. I tried to reach out over email to both the hiring manager and recruiter to thank them for their time and get feedback. But nothing.

This treatment of candidates is unprofessional and irresponsible. Castlight is a public company, and it should understand by now the importance of leaving a positive impression with candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in the health & wellness space?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Very bad experience with hiring manager. I got to know about suspected lack of diversity in Castlight, so I asked the hiring manager about this. His facial expression changed as if he was shocked by the question. First he replied back trying to defend lack of diversity, then half way through his explanation he changed his stance and put a normal face (perhaps he realized that he shouldn't have defended it) and then explained how diverse it is and started saying good things about it. However, when I asked the question, his facial expression changed and I already felt that he doesn't want me in the team. Looks like he wanted someone who doesn't give feedback, suggestions or raises concerns. Later, when I asked the recruiter for feedback, I did not receive any feedback. So it looks like the feedback might be more of a culture fit problem after I pointed out a concern to hiring manager. Not going to apply again till I am assured that defense of lack of diversity and lack of effective communication among interviewers are are taken care of. Team needs to be equally comfortable working with people even if they are from different backgrounds.

Interview Questions

Castlight Response

Dec 11, 2019 – Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for your feedback, and we’re sorry that you felt your interview experience was not positive. Particularly disappointing is that we weren’t able to properly share with you Castlight’s commitment to diversity during the interview, which is a central tenet of our hiring and talent management process. At Castlight, we place high value on having a workforce consisting of diverse identities and perspectives, and providing an inclusive environment for everyone. This commitment is reflected in our results (which we post transparently on our Castlight site), with a diverse team across business functions and all levels of leadership. We hope this helps share that diversity is embedded in our vision and values at Castlight, and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Castlight in September 2019.

Interview

The first interview was with a recruiter. Basic questions about my background.
    The second was with a hiring manager. The interview was pretty much the same, but only asked me about the tools & so on.
    Was told to expect a SQL quiz, and then ghosted for a good 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Castlight Response

Nov 18, 2019

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your interview experience did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide timely feedback and an exceptional candidate experience. We will use your feedback to reinforce our process.