Castlight Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Deal Desk and Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I actually interviewed for two different positions in two different groups. From the beginning of the interview process to the offer, I was treated very very well. The interview process consisted of calls, meetings, interviews, and one presentation. The Company's values were tangible throughout the interview process...and continue to be felt once employed. They did a really good job of making it feel like I was a part of the team even during the interview. Also when I was in another city, I was able to meetup with some employees who happen to be there for business and interview with them there almost ad hoc. They didn't schoff at such an idea. They were totally open to it. Overall, great interview experience that was consistent with the culture and values of the Company.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal with non-structured environments?   1 Answer

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

normal 30 mins. but they were confused what they wanted and the position itself was removed.waste of candidates time. questions were not to the point and confusing too. this role was removed after the interview so every candidates time is gone

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

Applied online and had a quick turn around time setting initial interview with recruiter. Had two initial phone interviews, followed by a third phone interview. Interviews were very basic mostly behavioral questions and past experiences. Phone interviews were very enjoyable. After third interview I was told I would be called by hiring manager within a week, and what to expect when I have a in person, but after 2 follow up email with recruiter no response and was I left in the dark. Recruiters are very responsive for initial interviews, but after initial they are unresponsive.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

The process was one phone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview process was excellent; they demoed their product and then proceeded to ensure that we were catered to during the entire process.

Interview Questions

• There was one question about three boxes with two balls, either black or white. The boxes were labeled BB, BW, and WW but didn't contain what the labels said. The question was how many balls do you have to pull to figure out what balls are in each box?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

The overall process was extremely unprofessional.

I was contacted by recruiting agents via LinkedIn and had an HR interview. After the hr interview, via email, I gave them my availability for technical phone interview, then didn't hear from them for a few weeks. One day, they suddenly called me in the morning and said that my interviewer would call me within a half hour. It was very unprofessional since they didn't give me any notice via phone/email in advance.

We scheduled a technical phone interview, but a interviewer didn't call me on the day. I had to ask recruiter to reschedule but didn't hear reasonable reason why he didn't call.

Finally, I had a phone technical interview. At the end of interview, he told me that he will send me a code challenge and asked me to submit it, but he didn't send it to me for a few days, so I had to ask the recruiter to ask him to send me the code challenge. I finally received it and finished it and sent it to him, but he didn't get back to me for a week, so I had to ask the recruiter (I should have stopped it at that point) if he has gotten it or not.

He got back to me and asked me to fix something, so I did it and sent it back to him, but then I have never heard from both recruiter and the interviewer. I even emailed them what's going on, but never still heard from them.

I already spent so much time writing the code challenge and my code worked just fine. It was the worst process that I have ever had.

Interview Questions

• technical questions were easy. hash-table, collection, and some db questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Castlight.

Interview

Extremely Unprofessional.
    Recruiter set up a call. No show. I replied back to her that I was waiting for her call. She didn't care to apologize and set up another time.
    2nd time: again no call. I emailed her again.
    3rd time: I waited for 20 mins from the scheduled time. I came back to work as it was during day. She calls me. I couldn't pickup. I go out, call her and leave a voicemail. She calls me after this drama happens another time.
    The recruiter didn't care to ask anything and complained that she can hear noise in the background. Well of course, as I just walked out of the building to take the call.

Please learn to values other people's time and apologize for your mistake.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with recruiter at a career fair. Received a short 30 minute phone interview. Went for an on-site interview afterwards, which composed of four 45-minute interviews (1 behavioral and 3 technicals), followed by a lunch and product demo. Everyone was very friendly and the interviewers were genuinely engaged and interested! Low-stress environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Castlight (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

A few head hunters tried to tell me how great this opportunity is. So I agreed to an interview. They say the hiring manager only do initial interview face to face, so I had to get all the way down town to see them. I arrived on time. The manager took one glance at me, and told me he doesn't want to interview me. He said he believed that if I really wanted a job, I can get it within 24 hours. (But apparently not at his team.)

He was right. In this market, a developer with my resume could easily get an offer, which makes is even more suspicious that he refused to even sit me down after inviting me to the office.

I got this feeling there's some discrimination going on, because all he did was taking one look at me at the door and asked me to go home. I am upset that I got all the way out there just to be met with this humiliation.

I called the recruiter and told them to never send me a job that works with outsourcing team anymore. It's not the best career move. And there's a serious discrimination problem going on.

Interview Questions

• "How much money do you want?" "Amazon isn't profitable either."   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had 2 rounds of technical interviews and a behavioral interview. The interviews were very casual. The questions were not difficult. It required a bit of thought but were answerable. It included data structures, algorithms. Anything up to graphs in DS seemed to be what they were looking for.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initially, I was really impressed with how structured the interview process was: phone screen, multiple phone interviews, case study, in person panel interview. It was very clearly explained and the communication was transparent.

But after the in person panel interview, there was suddenly no response. I had to politely prod them, and only then was I able to get an answer 3+ weeks later.
    I noticed this has happened to a few others too, based on Glassdoor postings.

Interview Questions

• The basics - "tell us about a time when you [[XYZ]]... how might that apply to this role, in your opinion?"   Answer Question

Castlight Response

Sep 10, 2018 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for your feedback. I’m sorry to hear that the follow-up after your interview was not prompt. We try very hard to get back to every candidate, especially those who have invested... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Castlight (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had 2 remote tech screens over hangouts or something and they invited me onsite (from NJ to SF). The thing is, they never contacted me after the onsite (and they flew me out), which didn't even go poorly.This was pretty odd and unprofessional. This was also over 4 weeks ago, so I can assume they weren't interested.

Onsite was speaking with 4-5 engineers, an HR rep, and a PM for the team I was joining.

Interview Questions

Castlight Response

Aug 17, 2018

First, I’d like to thank you for your interest in Castlight, and the time and energy you spent during our interview process. We very much appreciate your honest feedback on your experience, and... More