Cedaron Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Davis, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Davis, CA

I have been working at Cedaron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"nice company to work with"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philips, FL

I have been working at Philips full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee culture
    Work life balance
    Interesting
    Challenging
    Nice Office & Location in Davis
    Genuine interest in our health & wellness from CEO
    It's like a home away from home
    Yummy snacks
    Fresh pressed juice
    Fruit & bagel Friday's
    and Casual Friday
    Locker rooms
    Bike path
    Opportunity to learn & grow
    I like how employees are encouraged to ask questions & receive tools to succeed & grow

Cons

It's the best place to work. I really don't have anything bad to say about Cedaron.

Advice to Management

I think the Management team is compassionate and does an excellent job of rewarding performers and also working one on one with employees. I don't have any advice other than to keep doing what you do best!

"Run Forrest Run"

Former Employee - Vice President in Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Davis, CA

I worked at Cedaron full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Healthcare is a "feel good" industry. This company has done well historically but will not be able to compete with EMR's.

Cons

Micro-management. EMR's are replacing Cedaron's offering and will continue to erode the core business.

Advice to Management

Hire great people and let them run! Micro-mamagement kills organizations.

"The worst employer ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I worked at Cedaron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Paycheck on time
    - Casual dressing

Cons

Read all the negative review. Ignore the positive reviews (everyone understands where they came from)

"Great company with unlimited opportunities"

Pros

Cedaron is a great company to work for with many career advancement opportunities. Success here is really up to the employee; hard work is handsomely rewarded regardless of position or length of employment. Management is always available for any questions or guidance and they understand the importance of the work/life balance. The location is fantastic along with the newly renovated building which boasts large windows, a state of the art kitchen, and employee locker rooms.

Cons

It is hard to get to know employees in different departments.

Advice to Management

More office activities would boost the environment and employee relations.

"Good Company with a friendly work environment"

I have been working at Cedaron full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm a current employee at Cedaron and have been for a few years. I really like the small company environment and open work space. I really like the location in Davis and we recently moved into a very nice building that was fully renovated by the owners.

CEO is in the office a lot and you can always go to her with any questions or issues you might have. She expects a lot of herself and is the same to the employees. If you can meet her expectations you will have a good relationship.

Management works well together and is willing to listen to any and all opinions. With a new COO things have been more organized and relieved a lot of the day to day responsibilities of the CEO. This should pay off in the long run so that the CEO can focus more on the selling and improving the product.

Being healthy is promoted and you can earn rewards for exercising with fellow employees. This also helps to build better relationships and a better working environment.

As others have said the break room is really nice but only a small factor in the overall ratings.

Cons

There has been a high amount of new employee turnover. With a lot of turnover employees that remain need to take on the burden of those leaving.

There are always a lot of daily items that need to be taken care of and it makes long term goals hard to achieve.

From time to time there can be a breakdown in communication between employees and management.

Advice to Management

Make it an emphasis to keep good employees instead of replacing them. Keep recognizing good employees when they go above and beyond.

More company team building exercises. It really helps to interact with other employees outside of the work environment.

Bring in more outside resources to train employees on new skills in all departments. Not a 1-2 hour meeting but a 4-5 part training that is really in depth.

"Small Family Friendly Company with Promising Financial Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I have been working at Cedaron (More than a year)

Pros

I feel so fortunate to be working at Cedaron. The staff of 30 are friendly and collaborative. Management is very accessible and open to recommendations. Our software sales continue to increase and the company is positioned well for additional growth with several recently released applications. In this challenging economic environment, it is reassuring to work for a financially strong company with auspicious business
    prospects.

Cons

I live in suburban Sacramento, and sometimes the commute can be tedious at times with ongoing I-80 construction and traffic accidents.

Advice to Management

Communicate and celebrate the company's successes more often with the employees. Recognize employees who consistently go and above and beyond their job responsibilities.

"I am happy working here..."

I have been working at Cedaron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I am a current employee and have worked here a while. I have seen that management is very rewarding to those who work hard and meet goals. Hard work and a job well done will be recognized and rewarded. I would say it is extremely fair working here; you will get out what you put in.

Working for a smaller company: I love working for a company that is not too big. This allows employees to wear different "hats" in their jobs. This keeps me immersed and engaged as I am not bored doing the same thing all-day every-day.

-Great benefits and different plans are offered which can be hard to find

Cons

The cons I would say are for those who do not deliver and for those who have the "big company syndrome". I am sure everyone has experience in one job or another asking themselves, "how did this person get hired?" Or, "how has that employee gotten this far?" Well that is not how it is here and I am glad! As hard work and delivering are acknowledged, poor attitudes and not delivering will also be acknowledged. If you are a person who wants a very easy job where you can slack or hide behind a whole department as one can do in a “bigger” company, this is not the place for you.

"5 star reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

Pros

Moving up is quick if you put your mind to it, at which point salary is more negotiable. The employees are easy to get along with.

Cons

As another reviewer noted that things are all smiles and laughs when the CEO sees value in you. Unfortunately, the honeymoon period lasts around 6 months on average, which is around the same amount of time you will see a completely new set of employees who are oblivious to the sham. Your value will be nil when you notice the CEOs constant lies, or the moment you say no for any reason: e.g. telling them it can't be done by their expected due date because they changed requirements 10 times.

If you need a job in the short term or are just starting your career, Cedaron can work. But be wary of these 5 star comments. I suspect they are not completely genuine, but rather "encouraged". If you decide to work there, I guarantee you will discover the truth if you work there beyond the honeymoon period.

Advice to Management

Change management. Sell the company.

"Good Company-"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA

I have been working at Cedaron full-time

Pros

Direct communication with owners, small owned company, no large corporate BS/politics, good work like balance. Most of the time I don't have to take work home with me. People are friendly. Nice location, easy to get to, espresso machine. You are encouraged to be active and lead a healthy lifestyle.

Cons

Potential market saturation. Value proposition potentially decreasing as larger companies get into the same market space. Limited marketing execution in the past, few customers have heard of the company. Leads not provided, but have to be generated via cold calling.

Advice to Management

More marketing and software features needed to keep position in marketplace. Pay good employees well/competitively to keep them from looking elsewhere. Provide high quality leads to help generate sales.

"High turnover says it all"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodland, CA

I have been working at Cedaron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- HUGE industry potential
    - Awesome customers
    - Kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks

Cons

- Cedaron has extremely high turnover with their employees (about a 90% turnover rate). Talent is coming in the door, but you can see the talented run for the hills after a few months.

- Although there are "Directors of...," or "Managers of...," mid-level managers have no authority, absolutely none. ALL decisions are ultimately made by the CEO and leads to frustratingly high micro-management in all levels of your work, and I do mean ALL decisions. No decision is too small!

- Management refuses to implement changes and isn't planning for the future of the industry. Since it is a small company, you are easily able to voice your educated suggestion, but they are quickly met with a "NO." Management will assign their ideas and won't accept any input from those who are educated in the field. When their ideas fail, your are reprimanded and scolded. The executives of the company think they are Google, but it's the opposite.

- Within the office, there are huge conflicts of interests and how internal and external business is conducted. There are many "cliques" and the staff as a whole is not on the same page.

- There is no true HR department. Most corporations have a HR department that is setup separately from the rest of the company to avoid conflicts of interest in HR matters. However, the CEO oversees the HR department....................

- Employees that put up with working here for more than six months, are bombarded and overworked. There is no appreciation of the employees they do have.

The previous negative reviews below are 100% accurate, trust the employees that have tried and tested.

Advice to Management

Either act like a big corporation, or act like a small family run business. You can't be both. Retire and sell the company.