Children's Learning Connection Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Winter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Behavior Technician"

I have been working at Children's Learning Connection part-time

Pros

Very rewarding working with a team that supports and helps the development and growth of autistic kids

Cons

Learning to be patient and must work with the hours that are given to you

2. "Behavior Technician"

I worked at Children's Learning Connection part-time

Pros

Good team, very supportive, opportunities for upward mobility and connected master's program

Cons

A lot of travel, minimum wage, not enough milage pay.

3. "Great Company to work for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Children's Learning Connection part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My co workers and supervisors were always willing to help. Working with the kiddos brought me so much joy. You are able to build a tight bond with the families and the kiddos you work with.

Cons

The cons were last minute cancellations by the parents. You don't receive full pay when a family cancels a session at the last minute.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees

"I Love CLC!"

Current Employee - DSP in Fountain Valley, CA
    Current Employee - DSP in Fountain Valley, CA

I have been working at Children's Learning Connection (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working as a Direct Service Provider at CLC for a year and absolutely love it. I love the kids, the families, the supervisors, the other DSPs, everything. This job allows for independence in the workplace, encourages employees to achieve their full potential both as employees AND human beings (which is often overlooked in many workplaces), and treats everyone with respect and trust. The supervisors are the people that you have the most direct contact with (aside from the families), who you tend to see during a session a few times a month. All of the CLC supervisors I've worked with are the most caring, dedicated and helpful individuals/supervisors an employee could ever ask for.

The kids we work with are some of the most inspirational, hardworking, challenging, silly, fun little humans you'll ever meet. Most of our days are spent learning to communicate functionally and appropriately, playing with legos and trucks and doll houses, learning to read, jumping on trampolines, learning to label important words, managing meltdowns, getting used to being in grocery stores without any maladaptive behaviors, singing songs and growing as people (both the DSPs and the kids).

CLC is a great company to work for, whether you're still in school, just graduated, looking for something new, etc. This job is by no means easy, but it is definitely worth it and I would recommend it to everyone.

Cons

Sometimes you wont have a full time schedule, but that's the nature of working with kids. The 12:30-2:30 spot is very hard to fill in any job with kids; those under 3 or 4 are napping and over 4 or 5 are in school at that time. Scheduling does their best to fill that spot if you ask for it. 30-40 hours a week is definitely possible (my current schedule), but not always stable (my schedule last month). Luckily, CLC pays pretty well (and pays both drive time and mileage) compared to other ABA companies, so it makes up for it!

Advice to Management

Continue to support employees at all levels. Sometimes the supervisors are so busy with their supervision sessions, reports, entering programs into central reach, etc. that they don't always have time to respond to emails and phone calls about the kids that need to be responded to. The kids are why we do this and should be everyone's top priority.

5. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Behavior Analyst in Fountain Valley, CA
    Former Employee - Behavior Analyst in Fountain Valley, CA

I worked at Children's Learning Connection part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Children's Learning Connection had a really nice office and it was nice that they offered several different types of services in one building. Everything was organized under one roof.

Cons

Lots of technical problems during my time there. In part because they were transitioning from one program to another. Also, I thought it was weird that they were starting to want us to use our phones for absolutely everything yet were only willing to reimburse our phone bills for $10.

Advice to Management

Everything was okay. The technical aspect was a bit disorganized.

6. "Love the heart behind the business!"

I have been working at Children's Learning Connection full-time

Pros

Passionate leaders that put in tremendous amounts of work to make sure the clients and staff are served in the best way possible while still balancing business demands. Management truly cares about their employees and do their best to show them they are appreciated. Flexible hours are available, and you have the opportunity to work in a very rewarding field with a company who has very high quality standards compared to other agencies.

Cons

The pay could be more competitive. Hours for a dsp are not stable (although that is the nature of this line of work). There have been a lot of changes lately and that has been challenging to work through.

Advice to Management

Take care of your loyal and longstanding employees and they will support you through future growing pains.

"Unwilling to help employees"

Pros

Great families and good co workers

Cons

There are no hours for the employees. They tell you will build up hours as they hire you but it is lie. Training does not prepare you for the type of cases they will put you on. It is awkward when you arrive to a home and the trainer does not know you are coming. There is little support.

Advice to Management

Support your employees. Do not hire people if you are only having them work less than 10 hours.

8. "ABA Therapist"

Pros

Help with kids, therapists all work together

Cons

I was put in a location far from where I live so each the drive everyday would add up to about 2-3 hours. By the end of my last session I was too tired to interact with my clients.

"Review"

Pros

Friendly and welcoming staff. Have worked here for several years and consider my colleagues friends.

Cons

A lot of changes that come with a growing company.

10. "Awesome place to work!"

Pros

CLC offers a wonderful support system for staff and provides a comprehensive, and effective program to the children they serve. The children are able to learn in fun, encouraging, and creative ways. In addition, therapy is focused on the whole family so that everyone learns the tools needed for success.
    In addition, CLC houses behavior analysts, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, and physical therapists, meaning that not only can the child benefit from every discipline they need but the staff are exposed to many therapy types and procedures.

Cons

CLC does not pay as well as may be found at other companies. Moving up within the company is possible, but must be earned (not necessarily a con).

Advice to Management

Management could continue to look into better technology for scheduling. Other than that, management should continue to drive CLC forward, while always staying true to the amazing model they provide.