Citrin Cooperman Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Joel Cooperman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The partners are friendly and have an open door policy (in 11 reviews)

• This company offer their employees generous compensation packages, numerous growth opportunities and is open to work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Definitely felt underappreciated even while leaving after a majority of the staff during busy season (in 11 reviews)

• This IS a public accounting firm (in 6 reviews)

"Great Company to Build Your Career"

Current Employee - Senior
    Current Employee - Senior

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great firm to work for.
    Great growth opportunity.
    Great work/life balance.
    Positive working environment.

Cons

None that I am aware of.

2. "Don’t believe everything you read..."

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time

Pros

You get pizza and bagels sometimes. You get happy hours here and there. Opportunity to learn is there if you are lucky enough to work with the right people. Don’t worry about working long hours during tax season because you prob won’t have to kill yourself. They let people get away with everything. You can wear jeans to the office but most firms let you do this anyway.

To be fair, all of the partners and staff are good and genuinely nice people! So if you just want people to be nice to you, this is the place for you!

Some of their CPE classes are great! CCU soft skills are horrible!!

Cons

I hope I have enough room for this! This is the CHEAPEST firm I have ever seen. There’s only so much pizza you can eat and if for some reason you work extra on a pizza day and you just can’t choke down another slice, you will not get reimbursed for meals. You will not get reimbursed for your cpa society dues. Every single other firm will do this but the ceo does not believe he gets a return on his investment. PTO time is on the low end in comparison to every other firm this size. HR is a joke...never tell them anything unless you want everyone to know about it. I have actually witnessed HR telling employees to come onto Glassdoor and put in positive reviews (probably were promised an extra pizza slice).

This firm is completely disorganized. There aren’t firm wide procedures and not even office wide procedures! Every office is a conglomerate of 10+ different firms where everyone does everything different. Efficiencies cannot exist in this sort of environment but management is quick to judge about realization on all jobs. They set you up to fail in this regard.

Sometimes you have to go to firm-wide "education" classes called CCU. While the technical classes are excellent, the soft-skills are horrible. Each class, while titled differently, are all basically similar in content. Also depending where you live, you may be required to spend 2+ hours commuting to the location of the so-called class. Very few people are allowed to stay over at a hotel and even then, it may not be anywhere near the facility. Also, the higher you are in the rankings, supervisors and above, your training does not come with any sort of food. You get coffee and water and are left to fend for yourself for 8+ hours of "training." Good luck finding food in times square on a Wednesday at lunchtime. I think the firm fails to comprehend that having classes in the middle of the theatre district on matinee Wednesday might pose a problem. And it's definitely not cheap. How about giving us at least a continental breakfast, lunch and an afternoon snack so we dont have to schlep all this food with us on the train, bus, car, subway. Seriously! The only plus side is that if you are below a supervisor, your training is usually somewhere with a hotel and you get to stay at the hotel with meals (breakfast, snacks, lunch) and money towards dinner afterwards.

As with all jobs, it’s about who you know. Make sure you get in good with the socialites of the office or else you’ll be an outsider. Be prepared to sit around and get paid! Suggestion: bring a book and your cell phone charger. Health insurance is a joke and premiums are very high for the horrible coverage. If you can get insurance elsewhere, do it. Don’t let them fool you into thinking that they have flex time. it’s not like flex time as a normal person would think. It’s a heavily documented account of your whereabouts for every second of the day. There’s more forms than policies.

Advice to Management

Revamp all procedures and make them firm wide and mandatory! Make your realization budgets reasonable. Stop being cheap!

3. "Great Company to Work For."

Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in Norwalk, CT
    Current Employee - Assistant Office Manager in Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been with Citrin Cooperman for over 17 years, that alone should say something. We have flexible working hours, competitive salary, great holiday parties, summer outings, snacks during tax season and casual dress attire.

Cons

Tax season hours. What can you do, it's a CPA firm.

Advice to Management

Maybe tell upper management that they should realize how they speak to their staff and know that it can affect their work performance. Doesn't cost anything to say thank you.

4. "Current Employee"

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time

Pros

Citrin Cooperman is a great place to work. The Company cares about their employees and it shows through a lot of small benefits that are provided to employees throughout the year. Public accounting can be a challenging and demanding career but I feel Citrin Cooperman does their best to make employees happy and it is much appreciated.

Cons

Busy season sometimes lasts longer than expected.

"Not what it appears to be"

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time

Pros

Implementation of various new programs

Cons

Watch whenever there is a negative review it is followed by a positive one. Seems too coincidential. I would say people are being asked to write a positive to offset the negative.

6. "Excited for my future"

Current Employee - Semi-Senior
    Current Employee - Semi-Senior

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get paid a lot.. a lot more than all the other firms (even big 4). My friends in the same profession joke that I work less than them and get paid more than them.

Along with great pay, our offices are built beautifully. We all get laptops, which get docked to our triple screen monitors (cool right?)

The management is doing well. The partners are old and it seems as though as this is the perfect time for me to be here (as I want to a partner). I can see growth.

Cons

I was hired at a low-level, and don't feel as nervous about my job security. However, there are higher ups, who were hired as managers that have been let go recently. The turnover seems a bit high.

Advice to Management

Hire the right people the first time.

"don't come here..literally."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

probably above market salary? if i can only find more words.

Cons

forget work/life balance.,this place has the highest of all benefits premiums I've ever seen. company leadership is extremely cheap. place is still running on "startup/small company" mentality.

Advice to Management

none.

8. "Culture is Amazing!"

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture/atmosphere within Citrin Cooperman is second to none. You really get a sense of community within the office. Everyone genuinely cares about you and your life. Partners have an open door policy and encourage staff to come to them with any questions they may have.

Cons

I have not experienced any major issues with Citrin Cooperman during my time with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Great work environment"

I have been working at Citrin Cooperman full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment as everyone from staff to partner is always willing to help one another.
    Incredibly knowledgeable and talented team, I’m learning something new each day.
    The Company accommodates employees in establishing a work-life balance with opportunities to apply for flex-time.

Cons

Can not think of any.

10. "Ok"

I worked at Citrin Cooperman full-time

Pros

Great training for all staff.

Cons

Micro managed and over baring partners.