CleanEdison Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. ""Awesome place for winners""

Current Employee - Senior Clean Tech Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Clean Tech Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place for a sales guy who knows how to close. When new sales guys start, they sit between our top 2 guys and listen to how they close. They can pick up the basics on how to get people to buy training that will help their lives. People have time to get used to the products but they need to not waste our leads.

Cons

People have to work long hours, especially if your clients are in California.

Advice to Management

Take out clients to events more frequently

2. "Terrible customers service"

I worked at CleanEdison full-time

Pros

Nice coworkers
    Toby the dog

Cons

Pretty much everything.. Cold call all day and night trying to get people to sign up for $3000 green energy training classes that barely ever even get off. Then

"Good in theory, poor in execution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CleanEdison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience in a variety of areas

Cons

Long hours, low pay, high stress

5. "I learn something new every single day"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CleanEdison is ideal because it still has the office atmosphere of a start-up with the market presence and foothold of a very large company. If you are willing to put in the work, you can rise very quickly and take on new challenges. There is a lot of support from the other employees as well as management, and you are often pushed to do things you didn't know you were capable of.

I have learned more in the last year than all of my higher education combined, and I am very excited to see where this company goes in the near future.

Cons

There is a lot to do and things are always moving at 100 miles an hour. It can be stressful if you're not organized and you let things pile up.

There are a couple things operationally that can fly at the current size, but will become impossible to handle with growth.

It can be hard for quality control when the subject matter experts are always on the road and there is no one in-house who knows the material well enough to make sure that everything is perfect.

Advice to Management

Preach consistency. From my experience both in CleanEdison and out, consistency is the key to long-term success. It is something that is neither exciting nor easy, but will be critical going forward.

I've noticed that a lot of useful processes and resources have to be re-built because someone stopped using it along the way, and it got left by the way-side.

6. "High energy environment with nonstop challenges makes CleanEdison a great place to work and push yourself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time

Pros

- Lots of autonomy. You're encouraged to come up with ways to grow the business and then take control of that avenue of growth. Everything you do directly impacts the company, and everyone is motivated to help it grow.
    - Coworkers are great people, in addition to being dedicated to their work.
    - There isn't a traditional hierarchical structure. You don't need to go through a ladder of people and bureaucracy to get things accomplished.
    - Your skillset is valued and everyone's job reflects what they want to be doing and what they're best at. There's plenty of room for professional growth.
    - Open office, NYC loft vibe.
    - Not boring at all and days go by quickly.

Cons

- The workday can be unpredictable and hectic.

7. "Performance Oriented"

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CleanEdison is incredibly performance oriented. They require everyone to hit their numbers but they're fair about sales. You get time to ramp up and you get time to learn how to sell if you've never done it before. A lot of the negative reviews by people who left are probably by those who couldn't cut it.

Cons

Hours are long. If you're looking for a 9-5 doing nothing, this isn't it. But if you're looking for a challenge, CleanEdison is awesome. Definitely a place for A Players.

Advice to Management

Mentoring programs are strong but they could be stronger. People with drive are able to find their place in the company but people who want to keep a low profile have a role as well.

"Horrid leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at CleanEdison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a young company with a lot of flexibility and upward mobility options. There are a lot of opportunities to learn new skills and enhance your resume for your next position. Can't deny the fact that having a Director title on my resume helped with getting my next job.

Cons

The leadership can be abusive, and often hands down directives in an aggressive manner. The organization was poor, and accounting was circumspect when it came to paying vendors. Payday was missed on multiple occasions.

Advice to Management

Tone it down, more productivity with honey instead of vinegar and all that...

9. "To infinity and beyond"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sometimes a rocket ship (or young and flexible companies) need to change trajectory and land somewhere else. Clean Edison works the same way.

CE let's you use the platform that has been built over the last few years to stretch your influence and build actionable plans for growth. Not many companies let you do your own thing as long as your quotas are met.

The launch pad is built and you can fly your own rocket. Not bad if you want to shoot for the stars.

Cons

If you worked at CE you better be able to move. It is pretty easy to get caught not hitting your numbers if you do not take advantage of all the resources around or don't agree with how they are being used.

Work/life balance can be rough. That is your decision though.

Advice to Management

This is not a platform to make remarks to management.

10. ""Chance of a life time""

Current Employee - Senior Clean Tech Education Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Clean Tech Education Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you really want to make a difference by helping people to excel in their career, then CleanEdison is the place. This is because we thrive by helping each other grow individually and as a company, I have seen this company go from strength-to-strength this is only due to the people that make the company. So if you think you can handle hard work of a young fast moving company I’m sure you will fit right in.

Cons

Not many, because you will have you mind on the end prize and the satisfaction of building something really great.

Advice to Management

Thanks for your professionalism and time.

11. "Environment."

Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at CleanEdison full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Avi the CEO is a very supportive man... he appreciates his staff like no other. Young and energetic, this guy always has new ideas to contribute. His originality is unmatched. Be aware though, its a young company, so work hard, and you'll soon find yourself playing hard among the team...

Cons

Not much, the hours can sometimes be long, then with it come great rewards... so its not really a con, if ure smart!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!!