ClearPointe Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 11, 2018

2.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Place for a foot in the door"

Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Helpdesk Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I worked at ClearPointe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable on-the-job Training, operations spread across silos, great exposure to everything Microsoft. Diverse portfolio of clients to support. Good Work/Life balance, especially in retrospect from my current job.

Disclaimer: Old contacts have told me things have improved. All of the above is in reference to my time spent there.

Cons

Confusing Management structure. Account Executives promise the sun, moon, and stars to clients, despite there being no way to do what they promised. Company seemed to be cutting costs and pumping revenue in order to sell, though this plan seems to have gone by the wayside since I left.

Advice to Management

Fix the broken culture of sales dictating operations. Increase employee compensation. Pay was dependent on experience and how much you asked for, provided it was reasonably close to local average.

2. "They're trying to change . But not quick enough"

I have been working at ClearPointe full-time

Pros

I can say they're trying to make changes for the better. But I don't know if it will be quick enough before the next cycle. Let me clarify 'Cycle'. I'm basing this off what I currently 'know' and from past reviews and information about the company. They design goals and attempt to make changes, but always seem to fall short before completion of said goals and end up reverting back to the previous state.

Cons

Often times, it's a 'Gotcha' and a battle of 'Egos' type of environment. Certain level of immaturity among key individuals. Lack of structure. Documentation and processes depend on which way the wind is blowing. Clickish. I could keep on, but the purpose is not to bad-mouth the company. When I first started, I was really impressed and thought I'd found a place where I could grow in my skill-sets, prove my self-worth and matter. I'm finding it to be anything but. Manage to un-trench certain individuals with their toxic attitudes and the baggage they throw on others and it might get better.

Advice to Management

I have no advise. I was hoping for better and ended up extremely disappointed.

3. "Not as Good as It Once Was"

I have been working at ClearPointe full-time

Pros

Salaries are better now than they used to be / more competitive with the market
    Leading edge of new technologies
    Teamwork between the tiers of Operations staff
    Health insurance for employee was paid for

Cons

Management is not on the same page as operations
    Sales/Account managers selling/promising products that operations does not support. Know your product before your sell it!
    Lack of communication between departments
    Work life balance was becoming non-existent
    No comp time policy
    Sick day policy of only 3 days
    No rollover vacation policy

Advice to Management

Get back to what this company used to be. Listen to the criticisms, both positive and negative, of your employees. Be the change and make things right.

"Not quite what was advertised but nice people"

Pros

Great salary and reputable company

Cons

Remote work assignment without much training or support.

Advice to Management

More comprehensive training and support for remote sales staff.

"What a cluster..."

I worked at ClearPointe full-time

Pros

They let you have a lunch these days.

Cons

Out of touch management.
    Staff is run thin and highly overworked and underpaid

Advice to Management

Retire.

"Out of Touch"

Pros

Small company
    Everyone seems to care for each other

Cons

Very out of touch with current trends and dont seem to have a path on how to get with the program.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture of a small company, but ditch the small company practices. Start thinking out of the box on how tomgrow the company.

"Ship Going in the Wrong Direction"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Pros

Small staff, everyone knows everyone, benefits were great, customer service was a keep concept,

Cons

Lower than average salaries, confusing management decisions, Each department needs a manager onsite not remote, outdated concepts, on the job training needs improvement, work/life balance needs improvement

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics and strive for excellence like the company once was. Improve communication and transparency. Be the change you want to be

"NOC Engineer"

I have been working at ClearPointe full-time

Pros

Small company, always busy, laid back, and they are willing to work with you on the schedule.

Cons

To laid back, there isn't a culture, no team-building, and to many changes for not the better. It seems unstable and would refer a friend to work there. Also, no career growth and need more staff.

Advice to Management

Build a better culture and promote team relationships better. Maybe have one on one with your employees .