CliniComp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Haudenschild

1. "CliniComp Community, not CliniComp Corporation"

Current Employee - Community (Corporate) Support in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Community (Corporate) Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp (Less than a year)

Pros

CliniComp does not provide jobs; they provide career opportunities. The organization is an innovator that has contributed to healthcare for more than 3 decades and continues to contribute to the quality of life for their employees.

I was impressed with the competitive salary and benefits that CliniComp offers (and I have worked with and for the Best of the Best). CliniComp is an intimate community that embraces the Work-Life Balance concept for all employees (flex time off, continuing education opportunities, 401(k) with company match, and even breakfast every week and catered lunch every other week).

CliniComp is focused on their PRODUCT but it's nice to know they are also focused on their PEOPLE.

The recruiting process (interview, offer, onboarding, etc.) was a seamless process and the community was more than inviting and welcoming both during my interview and onboarding.

Cons

Like everything and everyone, there are Areas for Improvement:

There are no volunteer opportunities/programs where employees can dedicate time and effort to local communities.

There are no Town Hall Meetings (monthly, quarterly, annually) where employees are invited to interact with the CEO and other executives.

Advice to Management

Management and supervisors are very knowledgeable with employees about CliniComp's product and services but they must also remember that PEOPLE support the product so they should be more involved in building rapport and relationships.

Technical skills can be trained but Soft Skills should come naturally.

"Company overview"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great people to work with back then.

Cons

Abysmal management. Crazy CEO surrounded by family and syncafants.

Advice to Management

Have someone else run the company

3. "Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

Pros

Fun, family feel company owned business.
    Fantastic benefits, culture and a great place to work.
    Generous benefits package, complimentary lunches every other week and breakfasts every Friday. Ping Pong leagues, and other fun monthly gatherings.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative to say. Great people that work here.

5. "Stable company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay/benefits; nice physical workplace; lots of long-term employees; large and varied code base; HR is helpful and professional; stable and regular income stream from customers; interesting and inspiring goals.

Cons

Lack of clear direction to employees; long-simmering personal conflicts; some long-standing and deeply buried architectural flaws.

Advice to Management

Avoid trying to run everything through one middleware language. Think seriously about language design, don't just do it piecemeal. Check up regularly on employee progress.

6. "Entrepreneurial Environment - Wonderful Opportunity!"

Former Employee - Senior Director Clinical Services in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Clinical Services in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CliniComp Intl., offers an entrepreneurial environment that is driven by the CEO/ Founder’s passion for innovation & superior quality. The leadership team is genuinely committed to the success of the individuals and to the company’s overall success. The employees are equally committed and they strive to deliver outstanding client service. The compensation and benefits were very competitive. Overall I had a wonderful experience working at this company and reporting to the CEO.

Cons

I did find that communication can be challenging in this fast paced environment. There may be an opportunity to continue to add staff within the next year based on the projected growth.

Advice to Management

I do not have any suggestions. The leadership team maintains an open door policy.

7. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome free food every other Thursday. End of the year holiday party with free booze and food. Happy hour every month. Free coffee and emergen-C. 24 inch Dell IPS screens. Internet freedom. Great selection of free chocolates. Mobile charging station. Terra Cotta warriors, decorative waterfall. Collaborative area and nerb box/corner. Beautiful executive area.

Cons

Indigo cafe is terrible. Disgusting kitchen drain. Low grade toilet paper. Employees abuse one time use free coffee and water cups, it is horrible for the environment. Lack of recreation space. Minimal inter-departmental communication. Incomprehensible front door unlocking mechanism. Too many Toyota cars.

Advice to Management

More ethnic free lunch choices. More food trucks. Add fruit snacks to free chocolate container. Have 2 additional jars of guess the candy game to improve chances of winning. Get better hand soap. Lysol wipes in every single bathroom. A "please don't waste paper towels, save the earth' sign every single bathroom. Buy company branded mugs and/or reusable water cups and only stock disposables in the guest area. Bring back the ping pong tournament.

8. "A good company to work for with a bright future"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Knowing how much our product changes peoples health and lives makes this job the best that I have ever had. This company hires and then promotes from within to find the best fit job for people. It is never boring. Being smaller is an advantage because we have the ability to act quickly and produce superior results where large companies cannot. If you can work independently and learn new things as you go, this is a good place to grow. The attitude here is a positive "we can do it". Doing things that other companies say are impossible is what we do every day.

Cons

If you like lots of long meetings, this is not for you. Here, we spend more time on getting things done than talking about it. You do have to be an independent worker, so if you prefer very structured instructions on what to do and when, this is not the place for you. Priorities can change quickly. If you cannot move from one thing to the next or multitask, this is not for you. If you cannot work at a fast pace and prioritize your own work, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

I would like to see new people, no matter what they are hired for, from the stock room to an office, go through training of our product like they were going to use it in a hospital. They should experience the importance of what they are making and what impact it has, first hand and right away when they are hired, to realize how important they are to helping many people world wide.

9. "Positive. I've been able to advance my job title and salary."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time

Pros

As a closely-held business, we are able to make decisive business decisions that balance short and long-term goals, and are not encumbered or distracted by bureaucracy and/or multiple stakeholders. Annual salary increases appear to be made with an effort to stay competitive with the local job market. Excellent benefits (100% of HMO premiums are covered), and 401K matching is very good. Turnover has been relatively low. Several long-term employees provide stability and consistency. Employees seem to be proud of our products and the way we do business.

Cons

No formal bonus plan.
    Bottlenecks occur because the Owner/CEO is heavily involved in operations. This can be challenging at first, but people learn how to manage expectations and prioritize issues.

10. "A company that cares about its product and employees at all levels"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for CliniComp for over a year and was very happy with my experience there (I only left because I moved).

I'm a bit surprised at the negative statements about communication, employee reviews and raises as they offer company-wide bonuses and people are always getting promoted. HR routinely recognizes employees' hard work and their promotions in the company newsletter. I never felt like I couldn't go to my supervisor or HR and make a suggestion or that I was easily replaceable. Maybe in the past there were some "less than effective" departmental managers, but I didn't have experiences like those described.

Higher management believes in the product and as a result, all employees feel as if they are making a difference in people's lives with the role they play. You're always reminded of the impact the final product has.

CliniComp offeres very competitive salaries and excellent benefits (health, dental, and vision). But they also offer fun company-wide events like ping pong tournaments and BBQs. I really appreciated the free lunches they offer on Thursdays and breakfasts on Fridays. Plus the building was recently renovated, so it's not at all a drab and cold environment.

Cons

There are things every company can improve and I think CliniComp is really working to create a positive and productive work environment at all levels (and open to how to achieve this).

Advice to Management

Maybe it has improved since I left, but it seems like individual departments need a clear way of submitting feedback/suggestions for improvement from employees so that they feel as if they are being heard.

11. "Happy to wake up each morning and come to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down, very satisfied! My co-workers are a joy to work with. It is clear that they are very passionate about what they do. They are absolutely brilliant, yet very humble and quick to share credit with others. And although everyone is busy with what is on their own plate, they have always been willing to help. In my short time here, I have learned a lot from them.

Although many people in my field dream of working for a large company, I have found many benefits to working for a smaller company. Here, new ideas and change are welcomed. You'll never here, "We've always done it this way and it works fine."

As for management, they have provided many opportunities for employees to socialize with one another. They also make a great effort to help new employees transition and feel welcome. They are very approachable and I appreciate that they ask for our feedback.

Cons

None at this time but those with a negative experience should share with management so improvements can be made

Advice to Management

Have a system for reviews such as annual reviews