CliniComp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chris Haudenschild

1. "good company to work for"

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent benefits, welcoming company culture, friendly co-workers, lax but productive environment

Cons

Pay is slightly on the low side, but still a great company to get into

Advice to Management

none

2. "Agile Mid-sized company with excellent benefits"

I have been working at CliniComp full-time

Pros

- Excellent benefits, most of which paid by the company
    - Mid-sized company is large enough to make a difference in the industry yet remain agile to evolve as the industry and technology evolves
    - Long-time EHR industry leader with a track record of over 30 years
    - Currently rolling out exciting new next generation EHR
    - Free breakfast on Fridays and free lunch every Thursday before payday

Cons

- Being agile is great, but sometimes it takes us in a direction that we eventually deem unsuitable so sometimes development time goes to waste
    - Since the product is live 24hrs/day, 356 days/yr, on-call support is required for some employees
    - The required DoD and VA High Risk Background clearance may

Advice to Management

Our end-products are well-defined and our development procedures adhere to a strict process. Our internally used tools should be equally defined and developed.

3. "Company with start-up attitude and community"

I have been working at CliniComp full-time

Pros

I have enjoyed that it is a relatively small company. It's easy to get to know a lot of different people. With the start-up mentality, I've been able to be exposed to many different experiences within the company, getting to help out wherever I can. The CEO has an infectious excitement about everything the company is doing.

Cons

While the company seems small, there does tend to be a compartmentalization of activities as would happen in a large company that makes it difficult to work on teams and collaborate. Sometimes it can feel as though we are not all working on the same team. There seem to be communication gaps. However, efforts are being made to improve this.

Advice to Management

It has been suggested to me that more clinical experts, systems engineers, and managers are needed to cover the gap between an idea and executing a successful piece of software.

5. "Company overview"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

Great people to work with back then.

Cons

Abysmal management. Crazy CEO surrounded by family and syncafants.

Advice to Management

Have someone else run the company

6. "Great opportunity"

Former Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in San Diego, CA

Pros

Fun, family feel company owned business.
    Fantastic benefits, culture and a great place to work.
    Generous benefits package, complimentary lunches every other week and breakfasts every Friday. Ping Pong leagues, and other fun monthly gatherings.

Cons

Can't think of anything negative to say. Great people that work here.

7. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant/Receptionist

Pros

Competitive salary, excellent benefits, nice facility & location, friendly employees, good perks. From the very beginning, my experience with Clinicomp has been nothing but positive. When the HR Recruiter contacted me, she was very friendly, professional, and had a positive good vibe. I can tell immediately that she loves her job (which says a lot about the company). The hiring process was extremely fast. The fastest I have ever experienced! I was offered a very competitive rate of pay, which is unusual for the San Diego area. All the employees are very professional, helpful, and friendly. Overall, I find CliniComp, Intl. a good fit for me.

Cons

I may end up putting on some weight because of the free lunch on some Thursdays, and the free breakfast on Fridays! ;-)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

8. "CliniComp Community, not CliniComp Corporation"

Current Employee - Community (Corporate) Support in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Community (Corporate) Support in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp (Less than a year)

Pros

CliniComp does not provide jobs; they provide career opportunities. The organization is an innovator that has contributed to healthcare for more than 3 decades and continues to contribute to the quality of life for their employees.

I was impressed with the competitive salary and benefits that CliniComp offers (and I have worked with and for the Best of the Best). CliniComp is an intimate community that embraces the Work-Life Balance concept for all employees (flex time off, continuing education opportunities, 401(k) with company match, and even breakfast every week and catered lunch every other week).

CliniComp is focused on their PRODUCT but it's nice to know they are also focused on their PEOPLE.

The recruiting process (interview, offer, onboarding, etc.) was a seamless process and the community was more than inviting and welcoming both during my interview and onboarding.

Cons

Like everything and everyone, there are Areas for Improvement:

There are no volunteer opportunities/programs where employees can dedicate time and effort to local communities.

There are no Town Hall Meetings (monthly, quarterly, annually) where employees are invited to interact with the CEO and other executives.

Advice to Management

Management and supervisors are very knowledgeable with employees about CliniComp's product and services but they must also remember that PEOPLE support the product so they should be more involved in building rapport and relationships.

Technical skills can be trained but Soft Skills should come naturally.

9. "Stable company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay/benefits; nice physical workplace; lots of long-term employees; large and varied code base; HR is helpful and professional; stable and regular income stream from customers; interesting and inspiring goals.

Cons

Lack of clear direction to employees; long-simmering personal conflicts; some long-standing and deeply buried architectural flaws.

Advice to Management

Avoid trying to run everything through one middleware language. Think seriously about language design, don't just do it piecemeal. Check up regularly on employee progress.

10. "Entrepreneurial Environment - Wonderful Opportunity!"

Former Employee - Senior Director Clinical Services in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Director Clinical Services in San Diego, CA

I worked at CliniComp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CliniComp Intl., offers an entrepreneurial environment that is driven by the CEO/ Founder’s passion for innovation & superior quality. The leadership team is genuinely committed to the success of the individuals and to the company’s overall success. The employees are equally committed and they strive to deliver outstanding client service. The compensation and benefits were very competitive. Overall I had a wonderful experience working at this company and reporting to the CEO.

Cons

I did find that communication can be challenging in this fast paced environment. There may be an opportunity to continue to add staff within the next year based on the projected growth.

Advice to Management

I do not have any suggestions. The leadership team maintains an open door policy.

11. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at CliniComp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Awesome free food every other Thursday. End of the year holiday party with free booze and food. Happy hour every month. Free coffee and emergen-C. 24 inch Dell IPS screens. Internet freedom. Great selection of free chocolates. Mobile charging station. Terra Cotta warriors, decorative waterfall. Collaborative area and nerb box/corner. Beautiful executive area.

Cons

Indigo cafe is terrible. Disgusting kitchen drain. Low grade toilet paper. Employees abuse one time use free coffee and water cups, it is horrible for the environment. Lack of recreation space. Minimal inter-departmental communication. Incomprehensible front door unlocking mechanism. Too many Toyota cars.

Advice to Management

More ethnic free lunch choices. More food trucks. Add fruit snacks to free chocolate container. Have 2 additional jars of guess the candy game to improve chances of winning. Get better hand soap. Lysol wipes in every single bathroom. A "please don't waste paper towels, save the earth' sign every single bathroom. Buy company branded mugs and/or reusable water cups and only stock disposables in the guest area. Bring back the ping pong tournament.