Codat Reviews | Glassdoor

Codat Reviews

Updated 21 Aug 2019

5.0
Codat CEO Peter Lord (no image)
Peter Lord
  1. "Good company - very good opportunity to flourish and pathe your own future"

Current Employee - Operations in London, England

I have been working at Codat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Codat as a company has nailed a very specific niche which is in very high demand and has very little genuine competition. You decide which way the business expands Very little (if any) micromanagement Generous commission structure, so once full ramped, OTE can be very rewarding

Cons

Business is still in the discovery phase

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Codat2019-08-21
  2. "A company to flourish in for talented people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Codat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having been there since it was only a handful of people in a shared office space to a medium sized thriving company, Codat has been able to offer me the ability to grow alongside while it does. It has managed to retain its small close knit feel while growing multiple times in size, keeping the same trust there was at 10 people as there is at 25. Engineers are encouraged to give their input from day one and... are trusted to see their vision through. The technology is cutting edge and not tied down to any singular approach with the best tools for the job always (attempted to be) used. Couldn't ask for a friendlier or more encouraging company to work in!

Cons

As with any small company which is expanding there are always some growing pains, the days of some slightly cowboy behavior are in the past and in their wake left some issues, but nothing which isn't being addressed and considered

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Continue to grow the people from within and putting your faith in the employees. P.S keep hiring more devs thanks

Codat2019-06-13
  3. "Transparent & trusting - awesome workplace."

Current Employee - Product Owner in London, England

I have been working at Codat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Overt transparency, trusting and surrounded by seriously driven and enthusiastic individuals. Addressing complex and highly interesting problems on a day to day basis.

Cons

The desire to deliver more at max capacity... cop out of a 'Con'?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Codat2019-05-27
  4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Codat full-time

Pros

Given lots of responsibility and ability to learn through your mistakes, which I have personally enjoyed. Great work ethic and atmosphere throughout the company and real belief in the product. Founders are open and line managers fair.

Cons

A few classic startup issues like sometimes things can be chaotic or disorganised but these are being worked on as the business scales.

Advice to Management

Do more to retain strong company culture and relationships as the business grows.

Codat2019-05-09
  5. "Great culture and talented people"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Codat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Codat's work environment is great, you are surrounded by very smart people that work together to make you and Codat grow, developing a product with a vast potential in a business full of opportunities, which makes working here very exciting.

Cons

As we are growing, we are facing challenges that require more resources. We are improving processes, methods, getting a bigger workspace...

Codat2019-05-08
  6. "Data pipes for the small business economy"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Codat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic company culture. Super talented engineering, support, product and sales team. Focus on providing value for customers and getting stuff done. Providing real value to the small business economy. Amazing office location.

Cons

Accounting integrations as a service are a little boring but the use cases are super interesting. Could move faster - hire more developers!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Focus on talent acquisition

Codat2019-05-07
  7. "Phenomenal place to work"

Current Employee - Product Owner in London, England

I have been working at Codat full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Codat is great if you like agency, and a workplace that values what you bring to the table, and interesting problems to solve.

Cons

We've just hit the limit of people we can fit in our office meaning meeting room space is tight but that's already been solved with an imminent move to a bigger place.

Advice to Management

Nothing, I haven't already been able to tell them in person.

Codat2019-05-07