College Internship Program Reviews | Glassdoor

2.7
College Internship Program President Dan McManmon
Dan McManmon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best place to work in this field"

I have been working at College Internship Program full-time

Pros

Great management and qualified staff. Students are the most amazing individuals to work with.

Cons

Disgruntled staff who write negative reviews that do not reflect the great work at this company.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on quality and celebrate student and staff success.

Jun 8, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your feedback! Unfortunately, some of the reviews we've received don't accurately reflect the hard work that our 150+ employees put in on a daily basis. Thank you for taking the time to... More

"Coordinator"

I worked at College Internship Program full-time

Pros

Many staff are talented and dedicated; many students want to do some serious work towards career and college.

Cons

Lots of distractions from career and college related work. For-profit feel with lots of weekend events.

Advice to Management

Provide clarify & purpose for both families/students and staff so that job duties are clear to hired staff and families/students are aware of how much and what kinds of services can be provided.

Jul 17, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. We agree that setting clear expectations is key and we're always looking for and open to feedback from all parties on that topic.

As you know, the nature of the CIP... More

"Favoritism, no real promotions, do not work here"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at College Internship Program full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaboration with qualified coordinators and their strong teams. Some are more qualified than management and are a pleasure to work with. They truly understand our student population as evident in the services they provide and passion they build in their teams and convey individually.

Cons

Internal promotions are rigged towards favorites. Some staff who are unqualified, uninspiring and frankly unfit, have been promoted to leads, admissions and director. Staff and student concerns routinely get ingnored. There is a huge lack of trust from management who invades privacy unwarranted and seeks back up from "yes men/women" staff, while they condescendingly reprimand as if dealing with young children. These complaints are ignored by National and regional manager as stated in previous reviews.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff regarding programming concerns, offer more full time positions to deserving staff. Be genuine and not offer cookies "bribes" to staff to speak openly with you. And for Pete's sake take some leadership courses and lead this team, quoting policy's is not always a good move. Go unscripted and unrehearsed we will have greater respect for you. Don't just act because someone shared their greivances with a visitor. You were long aware of the frustrations. Be appreciative, we make you look good at every center event. Promote those who are loyal and consistently go the extra mile with little to no reward. Improve salaries and work/life balance.

Jun 16, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your input. We agree that overall we have a talented and diverse team of exceptionally caring individuals. To address your list of cons, we recommend that you reach our to the HR... More

"Horrible Management"

I worked at College Internship Program full-time

Pros

Great co-workers, great opportunity to help students, and great opportunity to learn about techniques for working with individuals with disabilities.

Cons

Management is always on the hunt to punish, reprimand, and fire people. The founder of the company has left the company to his son who does not know what he is doing. They do not pay well for the education, skills, and experience required from those they hire.

Jul 17, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. As President of CIP, your comments are concerning and in no ways would we stand for a punitive approach to performance management. The performance of our staff is critical... More

"Social Skills Coordinator"

Pros

Collaboration, 1:1 work with students, opportunity for creativity,

Cons

Growing pains typical of any small business

Advice to Management

Trust Teams

"I love my job"

I have been working at College Internship Program full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love my job. I love supporting this community of students and connecting with their families. My co-workers are awesome & supportive. Seeing student success is super rewarding!

Cons

Communication is not always the best. It is hard as a national company with offices all over the country to be sure that everyone is in the loop. Specifically, with changes in staffing. Not everyone is aware when someone comes or goes.

Advice to Management

Just a tad more communication.

"Glad I'm gone..."

Pros

They seek to hire highly educated individuals to fill open positions. Employees are caring, dedicated and willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

The executive assistant holds a higher educational degree than the current President of the company! I find this to be extremely interesting. Perhaps the "torch" should have been passed to a qualified candidate instead of just passed down.

Advice to Management

Stop blaming others for the culture that YOU created years ago and continue to encourage. It's been "your circus" for a good amount of time now and nothing has changed. I feel sorry for you but I can't help to laugh at all the craziness.

Jul 17, 2017 – Director of Marketing

Thanks for your feedback. You are correct, on paper, my admin holds a higher degree. She is extremely talented and wears many hats within CIP.

Having had worked within CIP for over a decade, I... More

"Good Intentions"

I have been working at College Internship Program full-time

Pros

Freedom from strict curriculum means the ability to be flexible and innovate.
    Promotions are available to those to work for them.
    Atmosphere is casual and friendly - everyone gets along.
    Benefits for full-time staff are amazing.
    Every last staff member cares deeply about the students they support.
    Ideas from every staff member, no matter where on the totem pole, are welcomed and considered.

Cons

Management could be more strategic about how they allocate money.
    Class curricula, when existent, are very bare-bones, and staff lacks formal training from the company.
    Salaries are below market rate.

Advice to Management

Give as much attention to training and organization as you do to marketing. Paying employees their market worth will lessen turnover.

"Clinical Therapist"

Former Employee - Clinical Therapist in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Clinical Therapist in Melbourne, FL

I worked at College Internship Program (More than a year)

Pros

Strong team consultative and interactive paradigm.
    Knowledgeable and supportive staff.
    Family involvement.

Cons

Administrative decisions apply to all satellite program locations.

"Staff"

I worked at College Internship Program part-time

Pros

Great students great parents trying to do their best for their son or daughter

Cons

Terrible company to work for