ColonialWebb Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Mitch Haddon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing company that provides unlimited opportunities for career advancement."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong and exceptional senior management team.
    An amazing culture of care for employees and the communities that we serve.
    Great benefits!

Cons

None that I can really think of. No company is perfect; however, ColonialWebb strives to strengthen any weaknesses that are apparent.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are already doing!

2. "Tech review- Manassas"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time

Pros

Weekly pay
    Company truck
    Cell phone

Cons

P.O. system
    Canvass
    Management
    Training
    3rd party check in

Advice to Management

If you want better tech train them. I been in this trade(HVAC) for 5 years and I never seen such mis management. I have never seen such a disconnect from tech's from management. WHY are there 3 managers on the service side and a supervisor? Why do you have to go thru a whole list of Parts to get a P.O.? Why are you using a app that isn't geared to the hvac industry? You want to be the best people you don't present yourself as such. I was there for a short time but never had I ever been in a company where 5 ppl left in a month via fire or let go and me being the 6th. Continue the path your own tech's won't only ones getting cut. Other then that I wish the best for the good people at CWC

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time

Pros

Committed to both employees and the customer. They are one of the few companies our there actually dedicating a lot of time and people into improving

Cons

Some of our disgruntled former employees badmouthing our company. They are gone because they needed to be.

Advice to Management

Keep on using employees feedback to improve our business. Keep getting rid of bad employees! Great work on working on improving customer service and growing our business. We need more contracts so keep getting them. Make sure you don't stop listening to employees. Everyone belies in management so keep the progress going. We need to expand in the area so keep growing. Don't run our office from corporate let us be our own identity. Summer is hectic we need interns to help

4. "Many years of distinguished service for Colonial Webb"

Current Employee - Master Electrician in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Master Electrician in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

As I prepare for retirement from Colonial Webb after more than 15 years of service, I think back to the many occasions where the company has taken care of me and my family, in addition to always doing right by the customer. My wife passed away after a very long illness, and the company provided me years of flexibility, understanding and concern while I cared for her. When she passed away, the company reached out to me extensively to show their sympathy and afforded me the time I needed to grieve. Recently, I have had some health issues relating to my back and the company has been flexible in ensuring I have the time needed for care.

I have put years of back breaking work into the company, traveling up and down the east coast, in extreme temperatures on roofs, facilities, etc. which the job required. I always gave 110% and trained and mentored the staff. It is good to know that when you work hard and take care of customers, the company takes care of you.

Company vehicle, excellent benefits, and great management from the top down - I am very thankful I finished a long career as a Master Electrician with this fine company.

*Note about poster - this post was entered by daughter of the employee with express permission and all words used in the review are true and accurate. Employee is not computer savvy. :o)

Cons

At times, the very long drives from the main office to the job can be very taxing everyday. Considering some overnight accommodations or more local services would be recommended. However, company vehicle provided.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your employees, and they will be long time, loyal employees who do right by the customers. Hire employees of integrity, who are willing to be hard working.

"Construction Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family oriented, travel, consistent work

Cons

Cut throat, company modeling itself after Stellar, thi will fail

Advice to Management

Be your own company

"P.E."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Field employees are great to work with, seemed to be more of a transition to a employee happiness/family environment after being bought by Comfort Systems

Cons

Company (as all others) was results driven (i.e. if you weren't performing you are gone). All levels of management are very stressed and expectations were extremely high if not unreasonable. There was little to no training given on how to do your job.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees and don't run them in to the ground as I've seen happen on multiple occasions

"Poorly managed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health insurance, free t-shirts!!!!

Cons

Low pay, field employees worked into the ground. Fear based practices, job used as leverage, no job security. Very little training. No days off for family emergencies. Supervisors very unsympathetic. It's all about the "company" if your not all about the"company" don't plan on staying employed long. If you don't stay in their good graces, c-ya you are fired😳No work/home life balance.

Advice to Management

More training for employees. Stop the scare tactics. Begin auditing/Investigating supervisors for misallocating employees to do personal side jobs & charging their labor to Colonial Webb.

8. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Pros

Lots of long term employees show that if you are willing to do the work, they will keep you around.
    Knowledgeable people who are willing to answer questions and provide training if needed. Benefits have gotten better the past few years.

Cons

Expected to work more than your basic 8 to 5, but you get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Management

Part of the Care message should be listening to employees and taking time to understand their thoughts, concerns, and goals.

"Corporate nightmare"

Former Employee - Tool Manager in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Tool Manager in Richmond, VA

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Freedom in day to day activity. Not micromanaged, but still had exoectations to meet. Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Office folk took most the profit. Little pay to apprentices and tradesmen. No loyalty to employees. High turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Care, or at least pretend too. Pay better

"Project Engineer"

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time

Pros

Lots of room to grow in the company. The company gives you lots of freedom in decisions, with support and mentorship from your bosses.

Cons

Pressure from General contractors that drive prices down to,really small profits. Lots of hard work to figure out how to make money, but can be fun if you like trying to figure out ways to make things more efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep allowing the team approach.