KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 466 of over 478 reviews

3.3
ComPsych Chairman and CEO Richard A. Chaifetz
Richard A. Chaifetz
Pros
  • "Where they really shine is work life balance for me(in 31 reviews)

• "Great location in NBC Tower and great people to work with(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay and upper manage ment does not care(in 30 reviews)

• "People are seriously underpaid and the benefits are expensive and terrible(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of ComPsych and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Rewarding and Growing!

Mar 22, 2021 - Sales in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its excellent to contribute to a tenured sales team that continues to grow year over year and deliver solid sales performance while providing meaningful resources and assistance to employers and individuals! Management is responsive and caring and genuinely interested in your personal and career development. In this role you have the unique opportunity to partner with large global employers, strategic business partners, and consultants and strategically guide them to provide best-in-class mental health, absence and overall well being resources. Finally, the ComPsych value proposition is differentiated and unique in a market where many competitors look similar and the company continues to reinvest to maintain our position as the industry leader!

Cons

There's a lot of opportunity (and work associated) and at some times it can be a bit much. The company recognizes this and has made efforts over the past few years for teams to take a breath and have some fun.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Tedious work must pay attention to details

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Rewarding and Satisfying Job

Jul 21, 2021 - Telehealth Counselor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working in the ComPsych Clinical Department for over 5 years, and work with a team of tenured clinicians who provide counseling for a wide range of presenting issues. Since the scope of EAP is short-term intervention, we ensure that clients have access to ongoing treatment for long term issues. The team has a wide range of backgrounds and specialties providing telehealth services. One of the things that I love about working at ComPsych is that we work with people from all over the US, and expats. Working here is exciting with opportunity for professional growth and self-development. During my 5 years here, I have found that the management team is always available whenever support is needed. The main focus is making sure that the clients’ needs are met, but management also makes sure that my needs are being met. In addition to team meetings, management checks in regularly and we make sure that management is aware of when and what type of support is needed.

Cons

ComPsych is a fast-paced environment and requires self-motivation and ability to work independently. To succeed at ComPsych you must have good organizational skills and practice self-care regimen. Since all our time is spent with clients, we primarily communicate via emails so strong written skills are also essential. Working remotely can be challenging at times and you have to find creative ways to feel connected to the team.

4. 4.0

Great company and Amazing people

Apr 30, 2021 - Clinical Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Personnel: I have been with the organization for over two decades , and have seen us grow from a mid-sized EAP company to the largest provider of EAP services in the industry. Despite the consistent growth and expansion, the company has been able to maintain the close knit culture and that first attracted me to the organization originally. In my opinion, the greatest strength the company has is it's ability to attract talented people who are truly passionate about the work we do. This is true not only within the clinical areas, but throughout the organization. People seem to drawn to the company feeling they want to make a difference, and this sense of collective purpose comes off in the work that takes place on a daily basis. Fast Paced Work Environment: The work environment tends to be very extremely faced paced, and requires you to think critically and problem solve around challenging situations. If someone likes to be busy, are able to take initiative and can work independently, they will do well here. Stability: I have been with the company through two of the greatest economic crisis since the Great Depression, and throughout both the great recesssion and the pandemic, the company has remained stable. I feel extremely fortunate that during both these crisis, I never had to be concerned about our doors closing which was a huge relief , and speaks volumes to the stability of the organization and resilience during difficult times.

Cons

As mentioned above, the work is very fast paced and keeping up at times can be a challenge.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Review From A Tenured Employee

May 6, 2021 - Clinical Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am a long-tenured employee at ComPsych for multiple reasons. First, the team I work with is top notch and we get along very well. For me, this is a deal-breaker. Next, my manager is actually interested in my opinions and trusts in my abilities. Believe me; it is not easy to find leadership that is both knowledgeable and supportive. Another thing I value highly is the ability to adjust my work-life balance, especially when COVID hit. Lastly, this is a large company, so if your current position isn’t quite right, there are opportunities to move into another position that suits you better. If you enjoy being a part of a team, like making a difference in the lives of others and can adjust to the demands of a fast paced environment, then this is the place to be!

Cons

The work is fast-paced, after all, it is the world’s largest EAP company, so multitasking is not just a catch phrase, you must be well organized and efficient. This also means that sometimes you’ll need to work longer hours to get the job done. If you can’t handle heavy work load or have difficulty with organizational and time management skills, you will struggle. I think there is room for improvement within the structure of the various departments. I’d like to see more positions that promote upward mobility versus lateral movement.

6. 5.0

Career Growth While Doing Meaningful Work

Apr 29, 2021 - IT Director in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined ComPsych over 15 years ago for a great career opportunity in technology, and the allure of working for a company that does truly meaningful work. Since then I have had the great fortune of working with many amazing, committed, and talented colleagues to deliver countless projects of real value to the organization. The company has grown significantly in that timeframe, which has presented me and many others the opportunity to achieve career growth and take on new and rewarding challenges. ComPsych has proven to be built on a strong foundation, having weathered an economic depression, and now the pandemic while still growing headcount and being a place of stability and work-life balance. The response to the pandemic in the past year has been particularly impressive, as we have been able to shift completely to a remote work environment. It has been gratifying to see our IT teams acclimate quickly without skipping a beat, and continue to collaborate and deliver innovative projects. It has also been great to see senior leadership take this opportunity to seriously analyze and reimagine how we will evolve as a modern workforce in the post-pandemic era.

Cons

The business is constantly evolving and in need of innovation, automation, and increased process efficiency. It is a constant challenge to keep pace with these needs and opportunities, often requiring the need to defer projects. With the current competitive IT hiring landscape, it is a challenge to scale up quickly with new talent when the need arises.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall Good Experince

Jul 16, 2021 - Guidance Specialist in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home option, adequate entry level pay, incredible training process. Experience working with mental health/ social services with just a Bachelors degree

Cons

there are times where due to the large reach of Compsych youre learning on the job. Not all services Compsych provides to their customers are universal, so sometimes There are services you are providing that you have never heard of before, but expected to provide quality customer service to.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

A company that improves people's lives through its services

Apr 29, 2021 - IT Management in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

While working at ComPsych for close to two decades, I've been lucky to be a part of the company's incredible growth under the leadership of the CEO. Over those years, ComPsych has made a significant investment in technology and continues to do so. The IT team consists of highly trained and talented engineers, developers, and technicians, providing a collaborative environment with opportunities for career advancement and knowledge expansion. There are many long-tenured employees in the company, not only among the IT teams but others as well. That is a true testament to the company's culture and dedication to supporting colleagues. ComPsych is a great place to work and offers plenty of exciting challenges and professional development. The company HQ is located in a great location in the heart of Chicago's downtown. It is a privilege to be part of a company that daily touches people's lives through its services; this is the most rewarding part of working for this organization.

Cons

ComPsych business is evolving rapidly, and the time and dedication needed to keep pace can be challenging.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

compsych

Jul 29, 2021 - FMLA Customer Experience Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

being able to help others with their leave of absence, working with decent people, decent pay and benefits, good work location

Cons

not much assistance provided to employees, difficult to reach out for help when needed, unreasonable quotas put in place that are punishable if not reached

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not What You Think It Is

Jul 21, 2021 - Guidance Consultant in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Talk to people from various backgrounds -Opportunity to build crisis intervention skills -Nice coworkers

Cons

-Not a lot of emotional support from management -Very micromanaged by management -This is a call center whether they say it is or not -Have to redirect a lot of callers that think this is HR/insurance/etc. -No opportunity to follow-up with callers after the fact -Not a lot of organization overall -No opportunities to move up in the company until after 1 whole year in role -Constant stress and dread related to what type of call is coming next

1 person found this review helpful