ComPsych Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
ComPsych Chairman and CEO Richard A. Chaifetz
Richard A. Chaifetz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is focus on work-life- balance at ComPsych that I feel is important in order to stay fresh and at your best" (in 23 reviews)

• "Snacks were good and the bagels on Fridays were nice" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "The benefits are expensive for a family" (in 20 reviews)

• "Was not initially told that it is a call center" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Making a Difference Every Day"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ComPsych full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have gained many skills while working here that have allowed me personal growth, as well as professional growth. I am committed to working in this field and I enjoy being able to support our clients on a global basis. There have been many improvements internally. I have seen HR put a new focus on employees as a whole and there is a noticeable difference, including many opportunities to do things with colleagues that are work sponsored.

Cons

Insurance is costly
    No real opportunities for frontline employees to interact with other departments and learn the entire business in a holistic way. I think more would be engaged if they had opportunities to network with colleagues in a meaningful way.
    Pay could be more competitive. I think employees would stay much longer if they felt fairly compensated.

Advice to Management

Solicit feedback from your teams and show them that you are listening by making things happen when possible.
    Kick-Off is such a great event every year and not all employees can attend. This event is so informative, inspiring and gives an insight into the company goals for the next year. Recording this event for all to access would be fantastic and make everyone feel included in the vision!

Mar 15, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review and you absolutely 'make a difference every day' and it is so appreciated by ComPsych leadership and our customers!

And thank you for your suggestions. We are currently... More

2. "Growing Company With An Incredible Mission"

Current Employee - FMLA Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - FMLA Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ComPsych full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I get to help people directly every single day
    Great location in NBC Tower and great people to work with
    Free snacks, drinks, and bagels
    Lots of ability to move throughout organization
    True team feel

Cons

We are growing fast, so there are days when it feels like we are trying to keep up. Management seems to be aware and are hiring more team members to work with us. We are here to take calls and help people, so I am not sure why others are surprised that we are asked to do our jobs...but maybe it isn't for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to look at pay and benefits as some are not competitive.
    Continue to help front line staff and front line managers be successful.
    Continue the growth.

3. "Guidance Counselor"

I have been working at ComPsych full-time

Pros

Great support, flexible, great job if you’ve recently graduated or have not graduated just yet

Cons

A little organization goes a long way, pay could be higher as well

Jun 1, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review and for your contributions to ComPsych EAP customers! We will continue to review our pay and benefits to align them with the market. If you have any specifics you'd like to... More

"Hard goals to meet"

I have been working at ComPsych full-time

Pros

Everyone is willing to help
    Snacks and juice
    team leads are wonderful

Cons

You do not make bonus if you make a mistake-
    Mistakes are made when we have to rush and have no time move at a comfortable pace. If we are told to treat each person as a person, let us finish up our call and our thought before hopping onto the next call.
    needs more communication with claims team

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as people too. If we are dealing with people going through difficult time, we should be able to cater to their needs as well as our own.

Jun 1, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review. I agree that we have a team that is always willing to help each other out, as well as great team leads. I also agree that mistakes should not become punishment...that is... More

"Not at all what I was expecting. Avoid if you can."

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at ComPsych full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are nice. Bagels on Friday. As long as you are on the phone taking calls every second you won’t have to worry about anyone messing with you.

Cons

Low base salary. Work is redundant. Seems like they just hire anyone to have people on the phones. There’s always a glitch in the system. People will call and complain about an error made on our end and you have to sit there and listen to them rant about what a terrible third party vendor we are. Only get 3 minutes of after call work which will have you rushing to get things done, then if you use a little extra time after some one from Management or your team lead will reach out to you telling you to take a call. They are more worried about quantity over quality

"Don’t work here!!"

Current Employee - FMLA Claims Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - FMLA Claims Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ComPsych full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fairly generous first year of PTO
    Location
    Commuter tax payback
    Ability to change your worn hours once trained
    No teamwork
    HORRIBLE culture - no culture at all honestly

Cons

Wages suck
    Bonus program sucks. Basically amounts to nothing.
    Snacks and drinks they provide are almost always empty.
    Minimum of one year working at Compsych required before applying for other jobs within company

Advice to Management

Pay your talented employees more!

"runaway as fast as possible"

Pros

Nice location off Michigan Ave.

Cons

Does not care for employees, only cares about customers.

Jun 1, 2018 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review, but this is far from the truth. ComPsych cares very much about our employees, as well as our customers. Our mission is to help our customers which is why we speak so much... More

"I'd Rather Be Unemployed"

Former Employee - Miserable
    Former Employee - Miserable

I worked at ComPsych full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your coworkers make coming to work bearable

Cons

Low pay
    expensive benefits
    micromanagement
    favoritism
    The CEO

The ONLY driving force at this company is the bottom line. Do not let the mission statement or fancy videos fool you.

Advice to Management

At this point it's clear the company is never going to change. As long as the greedy CEO continues to see year over year profit the employees will continue to suffer. I always found it interesting that a benefits company would give their employees such horrible, expensive benefits. A simple solution would be to treat your employees like people rather than replaceable cogs in your corporate machine. The only people treated with any sort of respect in the organization are the loyal executives who operate in fear of the CEO rather than as partners.

"Good (not great) place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ComPsych full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I will say that there are definitely some very positive things at this company. I have been there for about a year now and have watched this place grow so much in the last year. I have gained so much knowledge that I know for a fact will help me in the future. I will say most of the staff there is friendly but like any other work place you have those that don't want to be bothered by life in general.

Cons

I get that the company is growing and like any other company there are going to be growing pains. One thing to keep in mind is to keep your employees in mind when making some of these changes. We are humans so please treat us like humans. Also, for a company that takes care of so many people, make sure your employees are taken care of as well. With all the leave plans that we administer it's sad that as employees of Compsych, there aren't many options for us. There are many different leadership styles there. Some good, some bad, some should not be tolerated.

Pay could be a lot better

Advice to Management

Make sure that people are held accountable to the same standards across the board including each other.
    Show some interest in the person behind the number of calls you focus on. Remember they are humans and have career goals just like you do and work With them to get them where they want to be.

"ComPsych has been an engaging and challenging workplace that I have really enjoyed!"

I have been working at ComPsych full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My favorite parts of working here:
    Opportunities to grow your career.
    Engaging leadership.
    Location! Location! Location!
    Free snacks and juice.

Cons

The pay is good, but not top tier. Also, the Holiday schedule is not the best. Other than that it is great!

Advice to Management

Continue to get improvement ideas from throughout the organization and promote internal growth!