Comprehensive Autism Center Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Andrea Macken

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Administrative"

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Executive team really cares about their employees, clients, and families. In past jobs, I rarely saw the owners because they were off on vacation every month. Chris and Andrea are always in the office and communicating with the team and clients on a daily basis to ensure everything is running smoothly. If there are issues, they never put them on the back burner. They always handle issues right away, which shows how much they care.

Cons

Sometimes I get thrown into huge projects without any proper training or guidance, but if I have questions, I just ask and someone is always happy to help.

2. "No enough hours provided."

Current Employee - ABA Therapist in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - ABA Therapist in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They train the therapist before send to client's home.

Cons

A lot cancellation at last moment.

3. "CAC- RBT"

Former Employee - RBT
    Former Employee - RBT

I worked at Comprehensive Autism Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-RBT Training included
    -Working for wonderful families and children
    -Flexible schedule if you are a student
    -Opportunity for advancement if you pursue BCBA

Cons

-Low pay
    -If the session gets canceled right up to when you get there, you do not get paid
    -Unrealistic expectations to participate in events outside of availability
    -Supervisors attitude toward staff are like staff are kids
    -Families are constantly frustrated with company policies

4. "Get your experience and training elsewhere"

Pros

They had great people. Until they didn’t.

Cons

No hours, office politics, no raises.

Advice to Management

Treat people better

5. "Team Effort"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Support system. Anytime I have a question regarding anything, I can always find someone to help guide me through it. We cannot provide services and help our community if we are not all working as a team. Communication is key and you are heard when you speak to anyone here. Also, it doesn't hurt that we do potlucks every month. Who doesn't like food?

Cons

There could be more potlucks

6. "Operations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive Autism Center, Inc. is an amazing place to work. In an industry where I hear many stories about the lack of quality in services, no supervision support, disorganized scheduling, no clear career path, CAC is a real leader in all of these areas. They are an organization that delivers on what they promise when you come to the organization. They are recognized in the community as being a leader in the field and you will definitely notice it when you come to CAC. If you want to be inspired and are motivated to be a leader in the field you will want to join this team.

Cons

There are no cons to working in this organization.

7. "Caring Company"

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time

Pros

Awesome people to work with. Through the highest levels of management, they are all incredibly passionate about the work that they do. They are here to make a huge impact within the autism community.

Cons

This job is not for everyone. You must truly want to enrich the lives of the kiddos serviced.

8. "CAC"

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time

Pros

CAC is compassionate about their families and employees growth. Employees are provided the opportunity to pursue their career path in the field of ABA. They are a partner with FIT for a masters and BCBA program which allows employees to receive an education while they continue to work in the field. CAC's center based program has grown from one center to three centers, providing locations for clients to receive ABA services across southern California.

Cons

Client cancellations; RBTs spend percentage of day driving

Advice to Management

Continue to provide reinforcement opportunities for employees and community events for our families.

9. "An ABA provider committed to making a difference..."

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time

Pros

Comprehensive Autism Center(CAC) is a company that has thrived on their commitment to providing ethical and researched based services for over 10 years. CAC promotes an environment that allows it's staff to work relentlessly towards making a difference in the lives of children and families diagnosed with Autism. A system of checks and balances from evaluations, mentor-ship, and tiered-supervision, are in place to continue to allow personal and professional growth, while ensuring the highest quality of services available.

Cons

With ABA being a newer and evolving field, challenges can arise anywhere from client cancellations to insurance funding. However, CAC is driven to problem solve these challenges and is consistently creating solutions to presented issues.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and support the tiered model of supervision for all employees.

10. "a great place to work"

Current Employee - ABA Supervisor in Temecula, CA
    Current Employee - ABA Supervisor in Temecula, CA

I have been working at Comprehensive Autism Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

CAC is always evolving as it grows. Lately the company has put a lot of work into improving its clinical staff and keeping clinical staff happy and motivated. It is a really positive and supportive work environment. The upper management seeks feedback and listens to what you have to say. Electronic data collection makes data review and report writing much easier. Partnering with FIT means there is an awesome 'farm system' of really clinically strong interns who will become BCaBAs and BCBAs and are already familiar with the company.

Cons

Working around client cancellations is tough but has gotten better with some of the new policies and procedures.