CompuSystems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Clark Williams

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The work from home program and time flexibility is excellent to balance life (in 17 reviews)

• It's a good company with the potential to be a great company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work-life balance at times (in 4 reviews)

• No room to grow unless you transfer to a different department (and that doesn't mean you'll be in a better financial or more challenging role) (in 6 reviews)

1. "Nice Company, very low compensation"

Current Employee - Event Services Manager
    Current Employee - Event Services Manager

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from Home Days, flexible schedule

Cons

Low Compensation, does not have personal days or allow sick days for family needs.

Advice to Management

Offer PTO in places of vacation/sick days. Offer extra days off, if unable to give raises/cost of living increases.

2. "Good for a first job"

Former Employee - Data Analyst
    Former Employee - Data Analyst

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly people. Work from home 2-3 days a week. Nice office. Good place if this is your first job out of college and need experience.

Cons

Very low pay for the position. No room for advancement. No reviews. No raises. People don't take responsibility for their mistakes and play the blame game a lot.

Advice to Management

Better pay and either more time off or look in to open PTO. Might help morale a bit as there seems to be a high turnover rate.

3. "Quality Assurance"

Former Employee - QA Tester in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - QA Tester in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to gain valuable work experience.
    Work from home benefits

Cons

Upper Management, Senior Leadership, Promote from within, Offer better training

Advice to Management

Get involved with all of your employees, from Directors down to entry - level. Keep everyone engaged and committed.

4. "Unless you are 1-2 years from retierment, don't bother."

I worked at CompuSystems full-time

Pros

There a truly amazing and talented people who work here. If you like to travel it's a great place for you but if you are looking to advance your career, build your resume or simply learn today's best practices for your specialty, it's the wrong place.

Cons

Management and leadership can be described by lack of trust, adaptability and confidence.

If you want to make a difference this is not the place for you. Unless you are one of the Good 'Ole Boys that's been around forever, your thoughts are not considered. They don't want to do things differently here. What worked in 1976 will be forced to work in 2017 because that's how old, stubborn men who are set in their ways are.

Advice to Management

If you look at any successful company it always starts with a leader who has a vision. They then hire others specialized in different areas to work together to make this vision come true. It's a democracy, everyone has their field of expertise and everyone trusts one another and TOGETHER they build something great. CompuSystems is the exact opposite.

Sure there's a leader with a vision but it's a dictatorship. Outside of senior management no one is trusted. You claim to have an open door policy and be transparent but no one holds a state of the union (what's the status on Levreg?). Sure we all know what's really going on but it's all done in the shadows, whispers. You claim to be the most innovative company in the industry. That might be true if it was 2001.

You can't give us a Foosball table and claim to have a work atmosphere like Google. Google is what it is because they encourage forward thinking and innovation. They embrace fresh ideas and modern ways of doing things. Most of all they trust their employees and don't beat them down until they are nothing but yes men who never challenge the status quo. (because if you do...there's a yearly purge and you are the first to go).

My advice? You have plenty of employees who honestly want to help the company move forward into the modern world. Listen to them. Consider their thoughts. Trust them. As the great Albert Einstein once said "You can't solve problems with the same thinking that caused them."

"Great work environment with great people."

Current Employee - Database Analyst
    Current Employee - Database Analyst

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work from home 2-3 days per week. Love the people I work with. The new office space is beautiful.

Cons

No raises. No upward mobility. Lack of training. No commitment to employees. No employee rewards. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they are worth.

Mar 6, 2017

Dear Team Member,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. It’s great to hear that you like your work environment and team members. We are constantly implementing new programs and... More

"Word to The Wise"

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a good company with the potential to be a great company.

Cons

No upward mobility. The salaries are way below the national average for a software company.

Advice to Management

Invest in professional development for your employees so that they can add more value to the company. If employees aren't growing they become stagnant and disgruntled.

7. "Project manager"

Current Employee - Event Services Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Event Services Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They allow you to work from home 2 days a week one week and then 3 days a week the next

Cons

Everyone is completely over worked and underpaid for it. Not a typical 40 hour a week job. Lots of weekends, nights, holidays are spent working

Advice to Management

N/a

Jan 16, 2017

Dear Current Employee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. My advice to you is to talk to your manager about your situation. There are things that can be done that you may not... More

"my two cents"

I have been working at CompuSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work from home program and time flexibility is excellent to balance life. The co-workers and immediate management is very genuine and supportive. The atmosphere has been positive until recent changes. (Please filter negativity or let me WFH when negativity is in the office - lol) For the most part it is a fun, fast-pace casual-dress environment. New ideas are encouraged and everyone's perspective (at least in our department) is valuable. The immediate management encourages growth and doesn’t hold you back.

Cons

We're ready for the new platform. Bring it on!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep your employees informed. This is a family owned business; treat your employees like family. They try so hard and put in a lot of time and hard work to make this a successful company. Remember this is our second home; believe it or not, we do live somewhere else. lol (Chris, you should walk around the office more often. We miss your friendly pat on the back. Kahle, thanks for being involved in the day to day activity.)

Dec 24, 2016 – President

Dear Team Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for recognizing that the immediate managers are genuine and supportive. I believe... More

"Good Starting Point for young crowd"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly environment for those starting their careers.

New building and located off a major expressway, parking garage, new deli.

There is a 401K, health insurance (with working spouse premium), Vacation time, sick time for Salary employees.

Depending on your manager and department could have a great work life/balance, but not consistent throughout company.

Cons

Once you are in a department there is not much room for advancement or promotions (I've asked). The only way to get a "promotion" is to switch departments, but doesn't mean you'll see a raise, but you might add something new to your resume.

Over all there is no formal training depending on your department. In the early years I saw a lot of cross training between certain departments, but as the company grew that kind of dwindled (again I've asked for training and was told it would happen, but didn't).

There seems to be an unbalanced workload for some employees vs others.

Stil waiting for that department pizza party ;)

Advice to Management

Employee Engagement shouldn't feel forced. I would much rather my supervisor want to talk to me than told they need to talk to me. More communication between departments. And more communication about what is going on with the company. Employees may not be shareholders but they do have a stake in the company. Make them feel like they are the company, this can make them feel more involved. Appreciation from supervisor to a direct employee may have a better affect than singling out one individual or group with monthly parties. That feels like you are just waiting your turn to see when you'll finally get picked for the "job well done" that you've always done.

Dec 21, 2016 – President

Dear Former Employee,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and thanks for 10 years of hard work. I really appreciate it. Also, I hope your new career is going well.

Your review... More

"accounting"

I worked at CompuSystems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are nice people, employee appreciation day, health insurance, 401K, some flexibility for salary employees to handle personal business.

Cons

Lack of training throughout the company, low possibility for career advancement, yearly evaluations not done every year.

Dec 21, 2016 – President

Dear Former Employee,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate it. Also, thank you for 8 years of hard work. I appreciate that too.

We are going to provide training to... More