Computer Technology Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

3.4
  1. "Great people"

Current Employee - SQL Developer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Computer Technology Associates full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Working with the team at CTA is an amazing experience. The members that make up this team bring a richness of personality and skills as well as a stability and maturity that I have not experienced at any of the other teams I have worked with.

Cons

The nature of the work means limited exposure to new technologies and a certain amount of repetitiveness that is unusual in web development.

Computer Technology Associates2019-02-12
  2. "Hotel Rep"

I worked at Computer Technology Associates full-time

Pros

They pay well at first then start cutting into commission. Some of the MANAGER's are great! Very positive.

Cons

Can not count on hours. Can not count on pay.I would go from 400-200 in one week.

Computer Technology Associates2016-01-22
  3. "Terrible First Experience to Begin my Career"

Former Employee - Research Analyst in Silver Spring, MD

I worked at Computer Technology Associates full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-complete autonomy -good work life balance, but that really depends on who the client is--in my case, I had a laid back client

Cons

-complete autonomy -low pay -less than average benefits -perpetual subcontractor that hires based on need, but does not do anything to develop employees. Only hires employees when there is a contract; when the contract is up or is not renewed, then employees are let go.

Advice to Management

-build a better book of business, hire better manages, spend more time developing employees

Computer Technology Associates2015-08-17
  4. "Inbound sales"

I have been working at Computer Technology Associates

Pros

casual dress code / flexible hours

Cons

sales goals / minimum requirements

Computer Technology Associates2015-03-03
  5. "Worked 12 years as system engineer providing technical services for Federal Aviation Administration"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at Computer Technology Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

CTA, formerly Computer Technology Associates, Inc., is well known to the FAA for its systems engineering and system development work in the 1970s and 1980s. It participated in major acquisitions such as Advanced Automation System and NextGen. CTA supported its employees, showed interest in them personally, and provided a friendly work environment.

Cons

CTA was never publicly held which may employee ownership and participation in equity difficult and eventually impossible. CTA no longer has presence in the Washington DC area limiting its operations to Colorado and California.

Advice to Management

Consider re-opening a Washington DC operations to concentrate in federal systems development, and particularly, meeting the need of cybersecurity.

Computer Technology Associates2014-12-21
  6. "My work experience here was decent."

Former Employee - Web Developer in Washington, DC

I worked at Computer Technology Associates full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

It gave me an opportunity to work in the government contracting industry as a web developer, learning the trade on the job.

Cons

They claimed they were limited for the size of my salary because of education issues. When I moved to another government contractor last year, this was not an issue.

Computer Technology Associates2013-06-14