Connecture Reviews

Updated Mar 5, 2021

2.7
Connecture CEO Kraig McEwen (no image)
Kraig McEwen
1 Rating
Pros
  • "Work from home / schedule flexibility(in 21 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, ability to work from home and small pockets of effective, passionate teams wanting to make a broader impact(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Brute force work mentality leaves employees burnt out and looking to leave - no Work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Lots of upper management turn over(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work.

Feb 5, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone is always willing to engage with you. That is the beauty of Connecture, nobody is too big for someone else. Always willing to help and collaborate. Negative reviews are unfortunate and not true with the new change in leadership. I love working at Connecture with great people!

Cons

Currently, there are not many cons. Sometimes it can be difficult with management all over the US but that’s business.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Turned around a lot

Mar 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible hours and remote work opportunities (pre and post covid-19) - Great coworkers and “small company” environment - New parent company and stakeholders are focused on long term growth and sustainability over next quarter’s profits - Benefits are decent - Work is generally rewarding and managers are receptive to input from all levels

Cons

- Compensation can be mediocre for the industry for some roles - Rough couple of years prior to new buyout with multiple waves of layoffs and lack of direction - Some teams seem like they get more attention for promotion, hiring, or support investment than others - Long hours during the busy season - Benefits are decent, but not great

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place

Aug 3, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really nice people, casual workplace, flexible schedule. Really understanding managers when it came to family emergencies.

Cons

Company sold and position eliminated. It would have been nice to had some opportunity to learn other areas of the Finance department before I left.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

You're lucky they probably have no job openings

Jul 13, 2020 - Senior Business Analyst in Durham, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Your paycheck is on time

Cons

If you like having no benefits, working like a slave, being micromanaged, treated like a moron, and constantly dealing with new priorities that have to finished before you hear about them, this is the place for you.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Work life balance

Sep 9, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance is good

Cons

Pay scale should be improved

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Horrible Management

Feb 20, 2019 - Senior Business Analyst in Farmington, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers were great to work with. Lots of team-effort. Autonomy given when job needs to get completed.

Cons

Abusive management. Rude, condescending, demanding, and thoroughly incompetent. Require you to work while on vacation, work weekends, and put in 11 and 12 hr days. All for work that was already completed on other projects, but ignored by management for political reasons, costing huge monetary losses for "pride". Definitely a work harder, not smarter consistent management philosophy. Steer clear of this place, its a rotting pile of garbage.

4 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great, plenty if vacation days

May 11, 2019 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Worked from home when the weather turned bad

Cons

Too much experiments, not really focusing on what the clients wanted

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great opportunity to learn, grow and wear multiple hats

Mar 18, 2013 - Senior Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Close-knit culture (You feel like you're a part of a family) Exposure to Tried and True methodologies Work/Life Balance Intelligent and Well Informed employees I really learned a lot while at Connecture. I was exposed to true Project Management, and it worked extremely well for the projects I was on. I will always be grateful for the opportunities to be exposed to something new and to be given challenging tasks that brought me out of my comfort zone. Most of all, I will be thankful for the mentoring relationships senior leaders proactively shared with me.

Cons

Compensation Close-Knit Network With any company, there will be times that people have to work late, so I will knock the few times I had to put in a few extra hours or work on a weekend. The work/life balance was phenomenal! The one thing that bothered me the most was the aggressive hiring they did for work not yet won. That put them in a dangerous spot to shave off resources in order to keep the company afloat. I understand that in the end, it is a business and they are there to make money, but they should have done a better job treating their employees with a greater level of fairness. In the end, this does not detract from what I experienced overall there. I wouldn't return, but I wouldn't tell anyone to not work there.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Benefits that do not show up in a paycheck

Feb 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Often there are benefits that do not show up directly in paychecks or company benefits literature. One of those benefits is the ability to arrange a flexible work schedule and the support of colleagues when some life event throws you a curve ball. I recently experienced an extended family member illness and needed to spend time away from my desk. My direct supervisor and my colleagues could not have been more supportive of my need for a flexible work schedule, odd hours, and offers to help in any way they could to assist in completing work while I was away. This type of benefit is one that doesn't appear in the employee benefit list of insurance, 401k, and other benefits but to me may be one of the more important benefits - the knowledge that whatever an employee is dealing with, those around you at Connecture will rally to help you get through it in any way they can - both professionally and personally. My management and coworkers are simply the best!

Cons

A lot of work, fast paced, ever changing. Are those cons? Not for me but for some they might be. Only come to Connecture if you are ready to work hard and be comfortable with a rapidly growing and changing environment.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Software test engineer

Aug 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Working environment and nice company

Cons

Nothing to say. everything is good

Viewing 1 - 10 of 104 Reviews