Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance - family comes first (in 53 reviews)

• They really believe in work hard play hard mentality, and the sense of support and teamwork is still there even for remote employees (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is growing very quickly so efficiencies are still being found, which is frustrating, but can be rewarding (in 38 reviews)

• has not nailed down work/life balance yet (in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I wasn't sold the dream, I was given the dream."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at CSOD for just under 3 months now and I truly enjoy it here.

I have a great team and for the first time, I am being allowed to express my ideas and be part of something bigger. My manager is very supportive and let's me carry out my role in confidence. When I have something to work on, it will be discussed and whenever I do a good job, there is genuine recognition.

CSOD have worked very hard in creating opportunities for me to not only focus on my business/personal goals but to be exposed to things I wouldn't have other wise. I absolutely love it!

The culture here is great and there truly is a sense of family tie within the London office and lots of investment in CSOD employees. Aside from good monetary benefits, there are other benefits such as snacks and drinks to help yourself to and free breakfast Mondays and free lunch Fridays.

Cons

I cannot think of anything as of yet.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

2. "Cornerstone"

Current Employee - Implementation Consultant
    Current Employee - Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work and great culture.

Cons

Work can be demanding at times.

3. "Great place to work for with a great culture"

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time

Pros

Focus on employee development and culture for all departments and locales

Cons

Career progression isn't fully mapped out or defined for some departments and positions

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vibrant company culture that promotes personal and professional development and collaboration
    Path to career growth
    Good work/life balance
    Nice perks

Cons

Coffee is mediocre
    None so far

Advice to Management

Keep up a good work at maintaining the company culture and vision.

5. "Mid-Market Sales"

Current Employee - Region in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Region in New York, NY

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great opportunity and great company culture. Company always looking to get better and improve. Understands the value of employee development in being better at current job and provides opportunity for mobility in other areas. Does not rest on past success - always looking forward to make sure solutions adapt to changing needs of the marketplace.

Cons

Good news/bad news - change is the norm, but all done with the goal of getting better.

"Great Until It Wasn't"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Candy wall, arcade, masseuse, casual work environment, happy hours and events. Great teams of people. I gained valuable experience here.

Cons

Benefits cost went up every year I was there; 2017 restructuring laid off many valuable employees and gave demotions and pay cuts to many others. The atmosphere is not what it once was. Many long hours for what I'm now learning was below average compensation. Didn't feel like there was much room for growth and organization was very top heavy.

Advice to Management

If you cut the people doing the actual work, don't be surprised when things don't get done anymore. Good luck.

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Jan 24, 2018 – Vice President, Talent

Dear Wasn't, First, thank you for posting here, we do read these and appreciate your feedback. Second, I would like to correct a few of your statements where you may have miss perceived some... More

7. "Sales"

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cornerstone has been a fantastic organization and team to be a part of. Not only do we talk about helping clients to realize their potential, we live it at Cornerstone. We are given opportunities to learn, achieve our goals, experience different roles within the company and realize our own potential. It's certainly a "we" environment - not an "I" did this or "I" did that. It is really a pleasure to work with smart, cool, dependable, visionary, and totally committed Cornerstars!

Cons

The Pros make any kind of con (if there was one) non-existent.

Advice to Management

Thanks for keeping it real.

"Awesome People and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees at Cornerstone are really smart and cool.

At first, it was hard for me to get used to the culture.
    But once you settle in, it is really a cool company to work for.

There are plenty of fun projects going all the time and there is this cool vibe in the atmosphere that is hard to describe.

I have enjoyed my time here at Cornerstone so far and I have no doubt that it will be that way continue going forward.

Cons

Company restructuring at the end of 2017 was tough time for everyone.
    There are still growing pains here and there.

Advice to Management

I don't doubt that we will reach our goals.
    Keep up the good work!

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Jan 24, 2018 – Vice President, Talent

Awesome, thank you for the support. We recognize that change is painful for all and are doing our best to support them in this discomfort with ongoing change management training and focus groups... More

"Going Downhill"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office and facilities, great benefits/ perks if you are in office, average pay.

Cons

No work life balance, the company motto is "Work Hard, Play Hard," but the "work hard" translates into always having MORE work than you can reasonably manage without doing massive amounts of overtime or working around the clock. This is fine occasionally but after a few years, you get burnt out and it's frustrating to never see them actually hire enough people to complete the work in a timely manner.

Upper Management does nothing from a trickle down standpoint. They rarely communicate what they are doing and when they do it does nothing to affect the current problems you are dealing with and instead only promises about things that will happen in the "future" but never come into fruition.

Pay is average but for the number of hours you need to work to get your everyday duties completed due to outdated internal processes and not having enough internal resources, the pay is not enough.

They constantly over promise to clients and can't deliver in terms of fixing bugs or defects or even in terms of support. Clients are upset that things get resolved in a timely manner and it's frustrating to try to help them and constantly hit roadblocks in the company by either not having enough support resources or no one wanting to take responsibility for the issue and having it constantly be shuffled from team to team until the client gets so upset that it becomes a major issue and upper management has to "force" a team to resolve the issue.

They do not have many career paths in terms of being able to move up in your job. Each team is pigeonholed into their one field and management positions are few and far between.

Advise that they constantly have training but very few opportunities to train due to the workload you have and any training they give is in their product only. Do not come here if you are hoping to learn or improve your marketable skills as it won't happen.

Advice to Management

Fix your product. Stop worrying about new releases and fix what you have. You are very quickly going to become outdated because your normal day to day product no longer works with the new features you put out and no one seems to be working on correcting those issues.

Look at your internal processes and realize they no longer work. Redefine them in a way that supports the clients in getting their issues resolved instead of a way that upper management doesn't have to do work and can blame their subordinates on things not getting done properly.

Have more cross teamwork so other teams understand why things need to get done in terms of client support or issues.

Actually try to allow employees to learn new skills instead of promising training and not delivering. It's depressing to think I haven't been able to learn anything new outside of the skills I walked into the company with. There's no growth for your employees.

10. "SAFe Agile Micromanagement time boxed with toxic management!!"

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time

Pros

1. Health Care options are very good.
    2. Stock options are ok.
    3. Free beer, snacks and Friday lunch free.
    4. Pluralsite account.
    5. Nice environment.

Cons

1. Toxic managers who will destroy your career path and any chance for you to move to new position or up with your career at CSOD.
    2. Agile Micromanagement.
    3. Employee debt.
    4. HR is one sided and provides only lip service to employees who have issues with toxic managers advice to the poor employees would be to get out or get those workers comp papers quick do not hesitate.
    5. Pay is on the low side this is why they will provide you with so many benefits!

Advice to Management

Lots of managers need to move on but stay at CSOD because they will never be able to land a job because they are very non technical and will not fit in at any other place. Working with these types of people just leads to employee frustration and these toxic managers will point fingers at you and just say you have little or no soft skills but they no nothing about soft skills themselves but are only looking for an excuse for themselves and the fact that they are boss holes and non technical. The entire SAFe Agile process at CSOD has gone bad for lots of teams and it's just not a comfortable place to work at anymore when you have forced Agile process and must have entire team collaboration on all stories and devs wind up doing carry over QA work and QA stays understaffed because of some budget! Anyhow, some other big company will take over this mess in a few years I have no advice to management and HR an oblivious sub-human culture that would not begin to understand their horrible mistakes.