KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

Updated May 26, 2022

Found 1,285 of over 1,344 reviews

3.7
Cornerstone OnDemand Chief Executive Officer Himanshu Palsule (no image)
Himanshu Palsule

Technical Account Manager

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Through fast growth they have been able to maintain a great culture for young professionals to grow into more senior roles.(in 146 reviews)
  • "they value performance and company is full of great people(in 139 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and overall okay(in 74 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great and all that stuff is great.(in 64 reviews)
  • "You are part of a great winning team who supports each other.(in 41 reviews)
Cons
  • "long hours and bad management(in 43 reviews)
  • "I've had the opportunity of having a bad manager and a great manager while in the same role and it's a night and day difference.(in 37 reviews)
  • "Low pay vs industry, losing sense of entrepreneurship, mostly focused on bottom line results now.(in 22 reviews)
  • "Clients are upset that things get resolved in a timely manner and it's frustrating to try to help them and constantly hit roadblocks in the company by either not having enough support resources or no one wanting to take responsibility for the issue and having it constantly be shuffled from team to team until the client gets so upset that it becomes a major issue and upper management has to 'force' a team to resolve the issue.(in 9 reviews)
  • "The compensation is low(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cornerstone OnDemand and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Top-notch talent

Jan 19, 2022 - Marketing in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at Cornerstone for many years and have witnessed many changes during my time here. While it's not always been easy, I've always felt supported. The people who work at Cornerstone are the best in the business and make Cornerstone an incredible place to work. I am also very excited about our new CEO Himanshu Palsule and think he's the right leader at the right time to help us grow and scale.

Cons

There will undoubtedly be more change in the future.

Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for sharing your review and thank you for the positive outlook! Change can be hard but it's also necessary for growth, and that's what excites us. We're lucky to have you as a Cornerstar.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Fun Company

May 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team environment with hardworking and fun employees.

Cons

No cons that I can really think of.

3. 4.0

Great Experiance

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture and people play a very important role in success of Company and I see those values embedded in Cornerstone which makes it a great place to work.

Cons

Don't have much as I'm still new to Organization

4. 5.0

The Future is Bright

May 16, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, culture, co-workers, growth opportunity

Cons

none that I can think of

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Platform and Customer service decline

May 19, 2022 - Enterprise Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people in each department

Cons

Too many extra clicks added to the platform, making the platform more difficult and time consuming to use. Mass layoff right before Christmas, including an entire layer of Customer Success, leaving clients unhappy due to limited coverage and support. (High client/CSM ratio)

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

Good

Apr 25, 2022 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was cool and fun

Cons

Glassdoor is making me write a review which is ridiculous

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great experience

Mar 29, 2022 - Vice President Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun sales environment, excellent products, strong CEO

Cons

really none that I can think of while I was there

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Thank you for your 9 years of service as a Cornerstar and for taking the time to leave a review!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great culture.

Mar 21, 2022 - Senior Product Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Working through change transitions.

Cons

Change is hard, but necessary. The growing pains are evident.

Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for leaving a review. We're glad you're here!

9. 1.0
    Current Employee

Jump off this sinking ship ASAP

Apr 5, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. This place was a very good company for many years, but faded fast after Clear Lake got involved.

Cons

Been on several group calls with the new CEO now and wow this guy should have stuck his prior company or just retired because he is utterly incompetent. Talks in complete generalities and tries to look and sound intelligent but there is very clearly zero substance beneath his words. Our previous CEOs weren't perfect but they did understand the business model very well unlike the new guy. Did Clear Lake even interview this dude before handing him the CEO job of a multi billion dollar business? From what I'm hearing from my finance colleagues, our new CFO is just as incompetent. Another guy who has zero knowledge of SAAS and yet acts like nobody in finance knows how to do their job. All of our senior leaders either already have resigned or want to but can't because of the money. That speaks volumes.

10 people found this review helpful

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. While we're sorry to hear of your experience, this feedback does not align with what we're hearing elsewhere. Since our CEO joined us in January, we've received many unsolicited positive comments, reactions, and even an increased emloyee engagement score (via our engagement survey) related to him and his vision for the company. While we understand that every experience and perception is different, it's important to note that our CEO is a veteran executive in the industry with an engineering and product management background and that he was evaluated extensively before being selected for this critical role. We are equally excited about the qualifications of our new CFO who just officially joined us last week. To reiterate something our new CEO shared about a month after he joined: "Attracting and retaining top talent is a huge focus of mine and my leadership team. People need to believe in our vision. They need to like what they do, be willing to give their best and be rewarded for this. The question I always ask is: What is that one thing that makes you jump out of bed on a Monday morning to get back to work? It's essential we all understand that." I'd encourage you to reach out to your manager and/or talent business partner to see if this is something you can work through together to create a more positive experience.

10. 5.0

New Employee - Onboarding Experience

Feb 24, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Structured onboarding curriculum. - Mentor provided early in the process. - One on one guidance from management and frequent check-ins to ensure you are up and running and things are sycing together. - Opportunity to meet leadership and peers. - Overall good onboarding experience.

Cons

Like with any other tech company, there are going to be some growing pains in having multiple systems to learn and get acclimated to, but single sign-on takes the burden off of accessing the right systems and getting expedient outcomes. no real other cons through the onboarding experience.

Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're happy you've had a good experience so far, and we're glad to have you as a Cornerstar!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,285 Reviews

Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews FAQs

Cornerstone OnDemand has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,344 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Cornerstone OnDemand to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Cornerstone OnDemand employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Cornerstone OnDemand. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

63% of Cornerstone OnDemand employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Cornerstone OnDemand 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Cornerstone OnDemand to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Cornerstone OnDemand Job Seekers