Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Cornerstone OnDemand President & CEO Adam Miller
Adam Miller

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work-life balance is also great" (in 69 reviews)

• "They really believe in work hard play hard mentality, and the sense of support and teamwork is still there even for remote employees" (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "has not nailed down work/life balance yet" (in 32 reviews)

• "Going through growing pains as the company has scaled quickly" (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredibly happy after 3 years here! Hoping for many more!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cornerstone is a fantastic place to work. The work is engaging and challenging, and my colleagues are bright, dedicated, collaborative, and a blast to be with. People are genuinely interested in everyone being successful, and that leads to a willingness to teach, share, and help one another. In my few years with the company, I have worked for two of the best managers I have ever had. Both gave me freedom to work with autonomy, while also providing support and guidance whenever I needed it. Additionally both successfully advocated for early promotions on my behalf, which just shows how much the company is focused on employee growth. I have also been able to get involved in all sorts of activities and clubs. We have terrific triathlon and marathon programs, interesting employee led development day sessions, and great annual events like our beach day and hackathon. Through all of these experiences I have been able to build closer relationships with my coworkers, blow off steam, and try new things. On top of all if this, the work environment has been flexible, enabling me to work around grad school, doctors appointments, and the other things that pop up. I truly feel like Cornerstone has been investing in me, helping me develop new skills, and providing real world opportunities for growth. These include attending conferences, presenting to clients, and even working with teams around the world. I feel like I'm leaving so many things out. Just take my word that this is truly a special organization and definitely a place you want to apply to. I had never heard of Cornerstone until a friend referred me, and I am forever grateful.

Cons

It's really hard for me to think of downsides when it comes to Cornerstone. I do feel like I have worked much harder here than in previous roles, but not because anyone asked me to. I think when you are around a group of smart and hard-working people, you naturally want to make sure you feel like you are contributing equally, or even going above and beyond.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing what you're doing :)

Cornerstone OnDemand Response

Nov 15, 2018 – Associate Director, Employee Experience

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Cornerstone with us! We are so glad to be able to call you a Cornerstar and we hope you'll stay on our team for many more years, as well! Please never... More

2. "Great place to build a tech career"

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

All around Cornerstone is a great place to work and the tech department is the best place to be. Our product is awesome and constantly getting better. The culture is improving, risk taking and experimentation is encouraged more than in the past which only makes Cornerstone a better place for developers, (and better for the product).
    CEO is forward thinking and visionary and cares about building a healthy company for the long term, not just quarterly profits.

Cons

No major cons to list; see above.

"Great Product--Culture suffers as executives prep for buyout"

Current Employee - RSM in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - RSM in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best talent management company in the industry. Great product, great innovation, great industry leader, great internal support.

Cons

We used to be a company based on culture, that changed when consultants came in and cut 20% of workforce. New executives are here to only prep Cornerstone for a sale and improve our stock price. Shift from culture to sales is okay, if you were compensated fairly. I have been here for quite some time, and hit my number a few of those years--quite a rare feat. New sales typically have 10% of their people hit their number. So if you're thinking about a job here, ask these questions! 90% chance you will never hit your number! We stayed because of GREAT culture, now if that is gone--where is the money and realistic quotas? Oh, and there is something called "President's Club" which is 50 of CEO's closest friends, has nothing to do with % over quota. Sad "old boys club" (44 male/6 female) chosen in 2019 . By the way---all the positive reviews on here are from employees working from corporate. Prospective sales employees, search through these and find reviews like mine since Nov. 2018 to base your opinion.

Advice to Management

You forgot your Purpose. Just hurry up and sell the company.

4. "sfadgsd"

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team and fun environment

Cons

Not a very fun job

5. "Great culture, stagnant product."

Former Employee - Head of Marketing in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Head of Marketing in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and benefits for full-time employees.

Cons

Stagnant product compared the rest of the innovative technology companies in the Los Angeles area.

"Irresponsible management, unsupportive HR"

Former Employee - Product Owner
    Former Employee - Product Owner

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great technology, great benefit for full time employees

Cons

Irresponsible management, unsupportive HR people - it takes them over 10 days to respond a benefit question

"The Perfect First Job"

Current Employee - Corporate Account Development
    Current Employee - Corporate Account Development

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand (Less than a year)

Pros

a space to learn and grow

Cons

free burritos only ONCE a week

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the culture of learning and development.

"Stressful"

Current Employee - Product Support Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Product Support Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits
    Great People
    Competitive Salary
    Good Perks
    Free parking

Cons

Bad executive leadership
    Stressful
    Overworked
    No direction
    No room for advancement

Advice to Management

Hire senior management that knows what they are doing and listen to them. You hire them to use their experience. Senior management is so far distant from the business that they make bad decisions which affect clients.

"Trust but verify - Ask to speak to reps who have attained quotas. It's typically only a few and rarely year over year."

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Corp office is beautiful and you get nice perks like free food and a candy wall.

Cons

They are trying so hard to double in size that they have lost sight of today. The majority of the leaders who made Cornerstone great have either jumped ship or been forced out. It's changing the culture.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Don't step over everyone as you pursue the goal. Set quotas and compensation realistically.

10. "Incredible Culture and Career Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Cornerstone OnDemand full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are a huge part of what makes Cornerstone great. I work with some amazingly smart and cool people. You can take charge of your own development here and own your career growth.

Cons

It would be nice to allow plus-ones at company parties once in a while.

Advice to Management

Managers should take a moment to pause and check in with their teams, make sure they are happy and feeling engaged, and address concerns head on with clarity.