Cornerstone OnDemand Reviews

Updated May 12, 2021

3.7
Cornerstone OnDemand CEO Phil Saunders
Phil Saunders
Pros
  • "Great work life balance, Good compensation(in 89 reviews)

• "Flexibility, great people to work with(in 59 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Company is growing very quickly so efficiencies are still being found, which is frustrating, but can be rewarding(in 39 reviews)

• "Going through growing pains as the company has scaled quickly(in 25 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Cornerstone OnDemand and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Best company I ever worked for.

Jun 4, 2020 - Senior QA Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc as Senior QA Engineer and left (let go) the company as Software Engineer. During my time, I found CSOD very helpful in learning new technologies, they provided me all the tools I needed to grow professionally. They provided me free Plural sight account, they paid for my AWS certifications, they reimbursed my expenses I paid for 3rd party learning tools. My managers encouraged me to explore better opportunities within the team. I got chance to work with some of the best people I known in my career. Now with Saba integration with CSOD, there is no doubt the combined product line will make them the leader in HR/Learning space. CSOD truly believes in and stands for its tag line over the years: Education the World/Realize your potential/Empowering People. I wish all the best for Cornerstone OnDemand, Inc for the future. Pros: Health Insurance, Time-off plan, Flexible hours, Work Life Balance, Culture, Unlimited scope to grow professionally and Benefits.

Cons

Nothing note worthy, but there is only 1 good espresso machine.

6 people found this review helpful

Director, Employee Experience

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us - we really appreciate it. We are happy to hear that you felt supported during your time at Cornerstone, and we hope you'll take what you learned here and continue to grow. We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Your dream job is waiting for you at Cornerstone OnDemand!

Feb 17, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The thing that I most admire about Cornerstone OnDemand is that unlike other major corporations who have pandered to the eco-warrior types, they have no reservations about putting profit above all else. I am extremely proud to work for a company that is the software vendor of choice for some of the worlds most recognisable petroleum and weapons manufacturers. My experience at Cornerstone OnDemand of having all original thought crushed out of me so that I can fully focus on the specific requirements of major financial institutions whilst towing the public narrative that "Cornerstone Cares" has been an absolute inspiration to me. I especially enjoyed being forced to write a positive review for Cornerstone OnDemand on GlassDoor in my first few weeks of employment. This is a very effective business tactic and should definately continue. The fact that client data mysteriously dissapears all the time due to the lack of fault tolerance in the crumbling 20+ year old code really added an extra dimension to the role and kept me on my toes. As a wise colleague once taught me; "Process, not progress".

Cons

My only gripe is that Cornerstone OnDemand is built on technology that you would expect to see in the late 90's. I like a challenge and I was hoping for something from the early 90's. Whilst it is a big plus that there is no entity relationship diagram, data redundancy or sense to the design of the database at all (all data is stored in a tabular format with almost no rational key structure, how exciting!), there is a small amount of technical documentation and I would have preferred if this was totally non-existant. There is the occasional person nearing retirement who knows how things work (because they "designed" it) which is dissapointing but generally, on a whole, the system was the kind of anarchic nightmare I enjoy working with.

Continue reading
      18 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corporate Account Development

May 10, 2021 - Corporate Account Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work/life balance, culture, and development opportunities

Cons

Salary is not in line with industry standards for a business development role

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Terrible…Stay Away

May 3, 2021 - Customer Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I had employment during the pandemic while so many people lost their jobs.

Cons

I was a Saba Software employee and everything was great. Then CSOD bought Saba and everything went downhill and fast. CSOD bought Saba because of our superior product and they couldn’t beat us in a head to head deal. In all honesty, the CSOD product is old, horrible back end, horrible UI. This was not an acquisition, it was a hostile takeover. Not long after the acquisition, nearly all of my Saba colleagues were let go. But CSOD was being “thoughtful” by letting people go in the middle of a pandemic. I don’t know how CSOD is a successful company. It’s almost like they have no idea what they are doing. So many layers of useless management. Very old software code, antiquated processes, etc. I can’t wait to get out of here…

4 people found this review helpful

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you feel that Cornerstone and Saba joining forces has had a negative impact. Saying goodbye to members of our team - no matter the reason - is an incredibly difficult decision. While reductions in force are a natural outcome of an acquisition, it doesn't make them any easier. For those that left, we carefully considered severance, equity, healthcare, and job support to provide the best possible care, and have done our best to treat everyone in a compassionate and thoughtful way. If you are willing to share more about your experience and how we can help, please reach out to your talent business partner and/or careers@csod.com.

5. 4.0

Great place to work

May 10, 2021 - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Salary Great Management Good advancement Oppertunities

Cons

Terrible health benefits Older systems Lot's of administrative tape

6. 4.0

great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Cyber Security
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture, lots of events when offices were open, career growth opportunity

Cons

office shutdown has impacted communication with others

7. 1.0

Cornered and Stoned everyday at Cornerstone

Apr 30, 2021 - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of any particular pros.

Cons

At Cornerstone OnDemand company, managers lack any level of expertise whatsoever, however they always try to keep face and make sure that nobody ever finds out how incompetent they are. Because of that, they constantly try to take credit for every success and blame anybody else for failures. Every meeting in the company is a dreadful blame game. Somebody calls out a problem, the manager of course never ever accepts any responsibility, and neither are any of the manager’s favorite team members. Usually the person with least seniority in the team is the poor one that everybody points finger at and blames. Similarly, one-on-one meetings are practically a mental suffering session.

9 people found this review helpful

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing this feedback. We are sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience so far at Cornerstone and hope that we can help to improve your outlook. We work hard at Cornerstone to develop our leaders through our various leader and management programs. We hope that you will see this impact now and in the future as more and more leaders complete these courses. If you'd like to share specific concerns, please contact your talent business partner and/or careers@csod.com.

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Currently going through a lot of change.

May 4, 2021 - Director in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, strong leadership, and a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Doing too much at one time. Too many big projects at once.

1 person found this review helpful

Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are glad to hear (and agree) that Cornerstone is full of great people, leaders, and opportunity! Please know that you are always welcome to contact your talent business partner, direct manager, or careers@csod.com to address your project workload or any other issues you are facing. We're glad you are here!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Company in transition

Apr 19, 2021 - Client Success Manager in Cincinnati, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and flexible work environment.

Cons

Still transitioning from Saba integration

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Rising from the ashes with a very bright future

Jan 30, 2021 - Regional Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

1.Recent senior leadership changes in US sales were long overdue but kudos to management for finally making the tough calls- removed leaders were entitled cultural cancers and constantly negative about everything 2.Very good sales training investments 3.Executive leadership team is stellar and the best it's ever been imo

Cons

1.Talent organization is the absolutely worst I have ever dealt with in 20+ years and it's not even close 2.While integration of Saba is getting better, it has been bumpy and caused too much additional work for sales- business should better support sales through this to minimize time away from SELLING!!

Continue reading