Cornerstone OnDemand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

3.1

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I was reached out by the recruiter, the next day the hiring manager scheduled a phone call and then the very next day they invited me for onsite interviews. The recruiter was very responsive and that made the process enjoyable

Interview Questions

• Create Classes and interfaces, object oriented programs, reverse an array   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

Applied online. Heard from a recruiting manager who was extremely friendly and interested and set up a call with a supervisor in the specific department I applied to. Had a phone call from supervisor who was EXTREMELY disinterested in what i had to say (phone call lasted 5 min max). Heard nothing for weeks. Followed up with HR recruiter to see what the status was and was immediately scheduled an on-site visit with other members of department. Interviews in October 2016. Sat through 3 interviews with members in department. Seemed disorganized and HR didn't communicate with the department that interviews were even going on. Heard back within 2 weeks that position was offered to someone else. (although i don't know how that's possible as everything seemed beyond uncoordinated).

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive interview process. I first had a 30 minute phone interview which was fairly simple and straightforward. The next step of the process was an hour long interview with four employees at their headquarters.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for a job at HQ, as I was an out of state applicant. I had all behavioral interviews:
    1. With dev manager and another BSA.
    2. With company AVP
    3. With senior and staff engineers (asked me problem solving/logic question)

Pretty easy interview process, as long as you familiar with software development industry, working with clients and know agile and SDLC.
    Interesting that they only needed 3 phone interviews all less than an hour. Not even WebEx or Skype! Very friendly recruiting staff and helpful, highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with an engineer who keeps getting the development effort incorrect regarding requirements?   9 Answers

Corporate Account Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Brief over the phone interview with the recruiter, which sets you up for the in-person interview at their headquarters in Santa Monica. In-person interview is 1 on 1 or a 2 on 1 with members from the team.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem you faced with a previous employer and how did you handle it?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter, then a phone screen, then onsite interviews in their office. All the questions were very simple, and just needed basic data structure(hash tables, etc) and algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They asked very simple data structure questions. On the onsite, they asked me a question and shot down my answer immediately, saying it was too slow... But it was optimal. I even looked it up after I went home!

Either way, just study your basic data structures and you'll be fine. Just make sure you don't get thrown off when they reject an answer they don't expect.
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The interview process was unnecessarily lengthy. It began with your basic screening phone interview which was lovely and provided a great insight into the culture at CSOD.

The follow up was an afternoon full of interviews with 4-5 members of the Product Team. Each focused on different aspects of the job (Tell me about yourself, whiteboard design practice, review some requirements you've written, thinking outside the box, technical knowledge depth), which was fine but arduous. 4-5 hours of interviews, with a lot of time spent waiting for the next person to come in. I would advise you to be prepared and have your information ready for them to get quickly caught up. An executive summary is probably helpful.

The last component was an interview scheduled a week later with Adam Miller, the CEO. He's a bit tough to read, but he's absolutely a straight shooter and will get to the point of both your technical capabilities and your concept of vision. He's a busy guy though, so I ended up waiting to the point that someone come in to ask me many of the same questions as my previous interview session. No harm in getting asked questions twice, but just felt disrespectful of my time. Adam only talked with me for about 10-15 minutes before leaving me with another member of the team for more repeat questions, although he popped in 20 minutes later to ask me a quick question about my UI experience.

I'm a fan of the "speak less, listen more" philosophy, so I think the interview being short actually worked in my favor, but there was just an excess of waiting around time without much feedback.

I received an email the following day from the person I interviewed with and was notified Adam was very impressed (Seriously, never would have guessed. I bet he's a beast at poker.). I got the job and then we exchanged emails/calls regarding the offer over the next two weeks. They were extremely flexible with my start date, although they were fairly inflexible about the offer.

The interview process was hit-and-miss (Great phone interview, decent but long technical interviews, lots of repeated questions), but I jumped at the job for the stellar CEO vision and incredible culture. I have no regrets.

Interview Questions

• In 60 seconds, name as many uses for newspaper as you can.   1 Answer
    • How would you start designing an app to share pictures with your grandparents?   Answer Question

Technical Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied around November, and was offered an interview late December. Communication was smooth, emails replied promptly. I had two phone interviews, one that was more generic and asked very standard questions about myself and why Cornerstone. The second phone interview was with a manager that was more conversational - more than asking questions, he explained the role and wanted to see if I was interested. I was then told to come to the office. There were two rounds of two interviewers each. The first pair was nice, asked easier, more standardized questions regarding my resume and personality. The second pair was difficult - not as friendly, awkward pauses, and asked me more of my technical background and experiences. Afterwards, I was told that I would be confirmed whether I received the position or not by the next day (very speedy). I received a phone call, with them saying they regretted to inform me but found someone else who had more of the technical aspects they were looking for. I appreciated how they reached out to me by phone to tell me this, instead of a generic rejection letter. Overall, a relatively smooth process and good, yet challenging interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were instructed to create a presentation and document a new program, what are the first questions you would ask to follow through with the process?   Answer Question
    • What are some questions you would ask your client, programmers, engineers, fellow team members, and etc. in regards to documenting the technical aspects of a program?   Answer Question

Presales Services Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by a Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner and presented with this opportunity, and we had the usual phone screen discussion (questions about my background, presentation of the respective job, salary expectations, it was mostly about both us us trying to get an understanding about how my profile would be a fit to the position - no more than 30 minutes talk I would say).
    We closed the conversation with the commitment that I would be given a response in the following week, but 2 weeks have passed and nothing. I like to close my "open tasks" from my own list so I have approached the respective recruiter asking her about the feedback and she called me that day with the feedback. I don't mind an honest response, but I do mind when a recruiter (partner, etc) is covering their own lack of professionalism with a lie ("I was going to call you today").
    Cornerstone On Demand are calling themselves "one of the fastest growing cloud based Talent Management companies in the world" but still they are working with HR professionals that are not aware or/and not following the simplest process in Talent Management: always close your interview cycle with a feedback. The candidate offered you the courtesy and the time of an interview and it's only professional to do your job: CLOSE the process with a feedback! (and of course don't try to cover your failures with a lie, it's only making things worse. For you.)
    I am disappointed first about the process they employ in finding talents and second about the company itself for not making an effort of hiring more experienced and professional Talent Acquisition partners, especially being in this business! This is going to be their image, the first contact one has with the company.
    This says a lot about CornerstoneOD. I do not recommend other candidates to go to the trouble of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Only background questions, salary expectations, relocation/travel questions. Nothing unexpected or out of norm for a screening.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

spoke with a recruiter then had an onsite interview a couple of weeks later. I heard back quickly and the recruiter was great. The hiring manager didn't seem interested at all and I recently found out that the internship went to an internal candidate (an intern who was there already) which would explain why the hiring manager seemed so aloof during our interview.

Interview Questions

• strengths, weaknesses, what do you know about our company   Answer Question