Cornerstone OnDemand Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2018

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in May 2017.

Interview

First I was engaged by a technical recruiter. This guy is very responsive so the process a lot easier I think. I was scheduled with phone screen interview then 2 hours on-site interview with manager and then senior director and tech lead.

I did not make through send round even I think I finish coding interview question. I think I spent more time to solve than expected.

Even I do not get the offer but it was good experience though. Recruiter guy let me know result immediately next day and appreciate that (no long hope/hopeless waiting you kn0w). Nice and smart folks to talk with.

Interview Questions

• phone screen interview about anagram and how to improve the running time of the code I wrote.

First session was about sql design table and some queries. Then system design question for online ticketing system.
      Second session about solving stock trade algorithm with array of price and figure out both max profit along with best time to buy/sell.   Answer Question

Oct 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you had a positive interview experience! It's good to know our recruiters are being responsive and respectful. We value every person that expresses... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

video interview for the prescreening , then followed by technical interview ,followed by on site interview , the interview was average but be careful during recording your answers. Read about basic data structures and basic java questions,which will help you go through interview. Prepare well and Good Luck for the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Abstract class vs interface, big o notation   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through Employee Referral and got a digital HireVue interview was setup. Questions of this interview covered all aspects of programming and networking like java, web development, networking, databases. No question was a general or essay based question. Some questions had to be typed instead of recorded over webcam.

Interview Questions

• What is Big O notation? What is Big O Notation of has hash function and how is it achieved?

Difference between abstract class and interface.

How will you hide an image using a button click in JavaScript

How will to transfer data from one webpage to another.

What are the database indexes and the benefits of using it.

Explain different types of SQL Joins.

What is a Load Balancer, highlight some benefits of using the same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter, who told me about a little about Cornerstone OnDemand and what they do. He went on to describe the hiring process. The first step is to complete an a HireVue online interview where you give a two minute recorded response to multiple questions. I didn't make it past this part of the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

They have initial virtual interview. Then invite you for onsite interview and finally meeting senior members of the company CTO, Director, etc. They are very stubborn on salary negotiations although you might have prior work ex. They have a beautiful office overlooking the ocean and provide awesome perks like free snacks, meals, yoga, etc.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions. Signed NDA so cant disclose the questions.
      Question are dead simple.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

This was an internal transfer situation where an engineering manager approached me and humored my interest of moving over to App Dev. This is sort of an interesting situation due to my background and daily interaction with the team and we thought it would be a potential solution to both my current team and the manager’s team.

Interview Questions

• Given a word, return it’s valid permutations as in words that are in the English dictionary.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your background.   Answer Question

May 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience with us! Cornerstone is all about Succession planning so it’s great to hear the positive stories of internal mobility... More

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I was reached out by the recruiter, the next day the hiring manager scheduled a phone call and then the very next day they invited me for onsite interviews. The recruiter was very responsive and that made the process enjoyable

Interview Questions

• Create Classes and interfaces, object oriented programs, reverse an array   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Usually starts via recruiter. Phone screening followed be an on-site interview and a third phone interview. Questions were very basic and should be known by most low-level engineers. BE AWARE - when you go on -site they are putting you in sales rooms and trying to get you to want to work there the way they want customers to buy their product. Do not be sold on the perks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not overly difficult - you will be asked about database normalization, algorithms like fibonacci. Hardest question for me involved multiple interface implementation and results of polymorphism.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were primarly with the recruiter. If you stay firm and did well in the interviews you can really take it to them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand in October 2012.

Interview

I'm out of state so the first interview was a quick 15 minute interview over the phone. I was asked questions about what kind of development job I was looking for. I was also asked simple technical questions such as: what is the difference between a DIV and a SPAN, how would you add a CSS class to various elements on a page, what type of .net development do you do and so on.

A few days after the phone interview, I had a Skype interview where we quickly entered into coding using Google Docs to share code. Lots of .net foundation questions were asked such as what are the 5 ways to pass values between pages, what is the viewstate, differences between POST and GET, where do session variables reside. Non .net questions were: how would you hide an element on the page, how would you access an element without the use of jQuery.

Interview Questions

• The hardest problem posed was the C# function I had to write. Write a function that accepts a character parameter such as "8" and then returns its digit value which would be 8 in this case. You cannot use any helper functions, casting or conversion functions.
      int ParseCharToInt(char c)   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand.

Interview

I applied online for a position. A recruiter contacted me and asked for my availability for an interview, then stopped responding for about a week. I then received an email offering a time slot for the following day; an hour later, I received a second email stating that he'd actually previously scheduled me for a different time slot and simply hadn't informed me.

I did not receive a phone call at the scheduled time. I reached out to the recruiter and found that the interviewer had been double booked and he would not be interviewing me. I was rescheduled to interview with someone else.

I did not receive a call at the scheduled time for the second interview. I got in touch with the recruiter again; this time, he managed to find the interviewer and get things sorted out, and we started the interview about half an hour late.

The interview focused entirely on SQL and database design, which was a surprise since the position had stressed object-oriented programming and my discussions with the recruiter had stated that I would be interviewed in C# and/or language agnostic questions. When I brought this up, the interviewer was very dismissive/unconcerned.

Interview Questions

• I was given the structure of some tables and asked to write various SQL queries against it (for example, 'get all records that meet these criteria'. Also asked to design database structures for a few scenarios.   Answer Question

Sep 15, 2017

Thank you for your interview evaluation! The situation you have outlined is concerning. I want to assure you that this is not the typical scenario. We do go through "busy periods" where things can... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cornerstone OnDemand (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter, then a phone screen, then onsite interviews in their office. All the questions were very simple, and just needed basic data structure(hash tables, etc) and algorithm knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They asked very simple data structure questions. On the onsite, they asked me a question and shot down my answer immediately, saying it was too slow... But it was optimal. I even looked it up after I went home!

Either way, just study your basic data structures and you'll be fine. Just make sure you don't get thrown off when they reject an answer they don't expect.   Answer Question