Cottage Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Ronald C. Werft

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Cottage Health part-time

Pros

Cottage has many wonderful programs to take good care of employees and their families. You can really make a positive difference in the world, working here.

Cons

There are so many improvements and new ideas being implemented that it can be hard to keep pace with current procedures.

2. "great place to work"

I have been working at Cottage Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

one of the nicest hospitals i've worked for- latest cutting edge tech and great physicians. great benefits as well

Cons

i cant say anything bad about the company

3. "Amazing Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Cottage Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is an amazing organization that really goes the extra step to engage staff. As such, they are multiple winners of "Best Place to Work" and Fortunes "Great Place to Work"- top 20 in Healthcare. The company and leaders really live the mission and core values and make each person feel connected to the organizational values; a tough thing to accomplish with an organization this size. Opportunities are endless, if you put in the work, and the benefits/perks/compensation are "top notch." Leaving this organization was one of the toughest career moves I've ever had to make. Just a note...they value "Diversity." Not sure what a previous comment from a different reviewer was as I, myself, am a "minority" and I've always appreciated how the organization supports a culture of diversity.

Cons

None that I can think of. Cost of living is out of control, but Cottage can't really do anything about that...they already offer above market pay. They also offer housing purchase discount programs and community partnership to help lead the change in the community and also offer employee housing at far below market prices.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing...you have built an amazing organization.

4. "Highly Unethical Crooked Company That Goes After Whistleblowers"

Current Employee - Senior Department Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Department Assistant in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Cottage Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The most beautiful city ever, Santa Barbara

Cons

Management, Consistent abuse, cover ups of illegal activity in organization, goes after whisteblowers and once this has started there is little you can do to protect yourself. They destroy credible individuals!!!!

Advice to Management

Discontinue your highly unethical illegal tactics immediately!!! There are serious organizational issues in this place.
    Beware Santa Barbarians. The beloved Cottage Health Company that is touted as a company that does nothing but good is actually the most evil company that could possibly ever exist in Santa Barbara, CA. This is a highly unethical CROOKED company that resorts to ILLEGAL tactics to shut WHISTLEBLOWERS up!!! This company took great pleasure in abusing me for over 8.5 years (as an employee and patient) until I had a complete breakdown, but they didn't stop there. They even continued their harassment campaign once my doctor placed me on medical stress leave. I had lost 60 lbs, my confidence, my hair and my health after experiencing retaliation for reported serous racial remarks made by my co-worker. I was exposed to highly illegal unethical misconduct for 8.5 years! I left with over 1000 pages of the documentation and they have broken into my home to steal my documentation in two different locations. I even moved to LA to get away from the home break ins, cars trying to run me off the road, doctors falsifying medical reports on my behalf, cyber hacking, phone hacking on every level, ecThe director started editing all 8 of my performance reviews and was caught. I also reported malicious rumors being spread about the sole black person in the office. DEAR COTTAGE HEALTH, why did you let the sole black person in the office get picked on until she had a complete break down? Why did I have to go into the office every day fearful of what my bosses or co-workers would do to me? Why did you guys look the other way and allow this harassment? How could you COVER UP HARASSMENT and stand by a man that states that blacks and mexicans are the worst smelling people on earth? You guys are the most unethical company. How could you assign even MORE work to an INJURED worker and have your Employee Health & Safety Department tell me that they are sure I can handle the extra work load (that was contributing to my injury) and the pay that goes with it. How can a supervisor be allowed to tell me that I look like a lollipop that needs to be sucked and warmed up and get away with it? How could this man call me into his office every day and everyone knew what he was doing to me and would mock me how he would request that I entered his office every day and would close the door the sexually harass me.

Come on Cottage, give answers as to why your ethnic black workers are mistreated. Give them a reason why no matter what role they take on, they cannot get more than a quarter raise.

This company BROKE INTO MY HOME while I was on medical leave trying to recover from the 8.5 years of harassment. They stole over 1000 pages of documentation of 8.5 years of abuses leaving behind false less damaging documentation. They stalked me using my google account tracking and hacked all of my personal and private e-mails. They paid off a doctor and had me falsely imprisoned in a psyche ward to diagnose someone without prior mental issues as "paranoid schizophrenic" so that everything they've done to me for all of these years would be overlooked. They have emptied every dropbox account that I hold that contained the documentation of what they did to me.

I have a permanent lifetime injury BECAUSE of this organization, and they continue to meddle in my life though I am no longer employed with the company.

Cottage Employees: Protect yourselves. Document the abuses using an execl timeline, and just know that they wlll log on to your pc to delete these logs and you can call ISD to hear that it is an error that they cannot recover. If you have damning e-mails with abuse, PRINT them and make copies and send it to loved ones because once you need the documentation, Cottage Health will stop at nothing to get it from you. That is the truth.

Dear Cottage Health. I am asking that you discontinue your smear campaign on my life and stop stalking me. You guys are responsible for 9 horrible years in my life and I've completely lost my health. I have been away from your environment and remain sick because of your bullying illegal tactics. I can bring everything to light and I will as I have evidence from all illegal activities that you have committed against me this year. Leave me alone.

"PDL Sales Dept - Experience"

I worked at Cottage Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, Benefits, and Career Growth as long as you DON'T work in the Sales Department.

Cons

PDL sales department management is no good. The Sales Dept management does not follow the cottage culture and really needs to because they have a high employee turnover rate. It's a high stressful and overworked environment with no camaraderie because of the managements negative influence and culture. There is no job security for employees and you are always thinking about work on your off time. If you value your time and effort DO NOT work under the current PDL sales management or you will be sorry. You have been warn !

Advice to Management

Treat the employees with value and respect and stop chasing away veterans that are worth investing and protecting.

"RN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

I can't say enough good things about working here. Unfortunately I relocated due to family needs. Benefits were great. Don't know if this is true now since insurance prices are so high, but when I was employed there my insurance was free and received free healthcare services within Cottage Health System.

Cons

I really don't have many complaints about this job itself. Santa Barbara is an expensive place to live so even with competitive wages it makes it difficult to make a permanent living here.

"Concierge"

Current Employee - Concierge in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Concierge in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Cottage Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, inexpensive health insurance.
    Opportunities for growth.

Cons

Scheduling is poor, little care shown by management for employee's work life balance.
    This specific department has high expectations for little pay.

8. "Emergency Room Volunteer"

Pros

Valuable experience if you want to be involved with emergency medicine.

Cons

Be ready to deal with strong personalities as within any emergency environment. Not really treated with respect among the staff. You might be alone as I was some shifts having to deal with a high volume of distressed individuals needing emergency care. Can be very mentally exhausting if alone for your shift.

"Great Place to work"

Former Employee - Pct in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Pct in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Cottage Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very good team builder. Nice benefits...

Cons

It takes a long time for promotion...

Advice to Management

please stand up for the employer and support a raise after few years of loyality

"Great place"

Pros

Amazing atmosphere, great leadership awesome Benefits

Cons

none to report at this time ( 5 word min achieved)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing