Creative Financial Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Gary Daniels

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Advisor interview"

Pros

great people and management is very productive

Cons

advising early on can be difficult

2. "Business Manager/Assistant"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Learned so much from this place under the guidance of former lead managing partner. My ideas were considered and often utilized. Became educated in all areas of Financial Services and Business management. Great culture early on.

Cons

Changes in culture and management.

3. "Family Oriented"

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Wall, NJ
    Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Wall, NJ

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

All the advisors/employees are treated like family. Top management has an open-door policy allowing freedom of speech for thoughts, suggestions, and/or recommendations. Top management cares about their employees/advisors, which is rare in this type of business.

Cons

They were recently purchased by MassMutual Financial Group and now have life insurance or proprietary numbers to hit.

Advice to Management

Be more selective with who you employ. Although, I guess everyone deserves a shot right?

4. "Administrative assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Newtown Sq, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Newtown Sq, PA

I have been working at Creative Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Great people. Work for advisors directly

Cons

Agency employees are paid better

5. "New Business"

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time

Pros

There is a laid back atmosphere. It is a family company, so there it is a tight knit group, for better or worse.

Cons

Poor salary and raises for agency employees. Very limited (barely any) annual review process or room for growth.

6. "Family Business - Don't ever expect respect or to grow unless you are apart of the family"

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time

Pros

Hmmmmm they don't micro manage

Cons

Family business that only cares about the family and not it's employees.

Will fill your head with ideas of being important but really they just use you to do the work they are too busy to handle because they spend time taking vacations, never coming into the office or if they do it's for 3 hours a week.

The only advisors they really care about are the Sr. guys, not a place for a young man or woman looking to get into the business because they won't guide you! Terrible management on all levels.

They will basically tell you what you want to hear but the actual implementation is not there.

They will lie to your face and oh tell you they will do something but then you will quickly fined out that they are a YES company but that really is because they don't know how to tell you the truth.

Advice to Management

Try actually being a management team. You are so busy making sure you keep money in your own pockets that you forget about all the people who put that money there.

7. "Great staff, Poor upper management"

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were fantastic and very supportive. The majority of the people I met while working there were very friendly, good at their jobs, and willing to lend a hand when they could. Pay was pretty good.

Cons

My direct supervisor was extremely unpleasant to work for, and nearly impossible to work with. Everyone in the company, including upper management, seemed fully aware of the issue but no one does anything about it! Also, terrible medical benefits.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like human beings instead of like slaves there to do your bidding and your turnover rate might not be so incredibly high!

8. "Financial Advisor"

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time

Pros

Unlimited earning potential. Great atmosphere to work in. Work with a team that wants you to succeed. Learn a ton about the financial industry and what makes businesses succeed.

Cons

Tough to get going in the beginning. Have to put a lot of work in the beginning. Usually 3 years in the industry and you will start to see results.

Advice to Management

Make sure you tell candidates the amount of effort it will take to succeed in this business. Was not fully aware when I started. Need to do a better job with focusing on more important things to practice on to excel with the work.

9. "Financial Services Representative"

I have been working at Creative Financial Group (More than a year)

Pros

Experienced producers are very knowledgeable and typically easy to talk to and get advice from. My direct manager is the best I've had in any career.

Cons

Some nepotism is pretty obvious, but it was basically a family business when they started it. They hire a bunch of hot shot jocks that flame out after a year.

10. "Somewhat Wonderful"

Former Employee - Personal Assistant
    Former Employee - Personal Assistant

I worked at Creative Financial Group full-time

Pros

Most of the people there (99%) are wonderful people that are friendly and willing to help you. Fast-paced and I learned a lot. Working with the other personal assistants was wonderful. That was a friendly environment.

Cons

There is one upper level employee there that is unbelievably, unprofessionally awful. He is demanding, and runs through assistants like they are water. He doesn't give them the support, training or salary they need or deserve. If you aren't working for him, it's a great place to work with a lot of character.

Advice to Management

Learn to value people. (Not directed at all management. One person in particular.)