CreditRiskMonitor Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Jerry Flum

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at CreditRiskMonitor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people I work with are a good bunch... friendly, caring, supportive, fun... a true team environment!

Department management is fantastic and fair... I am held accountable for what I do, however, if it is something I have never done/didn't know before, it is understood if it doesn't go the way it's supposed to. Plus, there is nothing such as a stupid question! You truly learn something new everyday!

All of the managers understand the concept of take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers. There are the usual perks but additionally, the ability to work from home if something happens that you can't get into the office, ie: bad weather, so as not to lose a day of PTO. There's also breakfast and lunch once a month as well company events. It’s the little things that count!

If there is a position that opens elsewhere in the company, it is posted internally first and if you decide to go for that opening, you are not discouraged from going after it by your managers. You are not held back from trying to assist the company in a way that you feel may suit you better than what you are doing!

The most unusual part of the position is calling people all over the world! You get to learn about various cultures during the relationship building process and I love that.
    All of the upper managers have their own office and can work from there, however they don't - this includes the President of the company - even he works within the walls of a cubicle – very unusual but a refreshing thing to see!

Cons

The only thing I consider a con is the base salary as it is a bit low for most places, but you also have to keep in mind, mine is a sales position so it's salary PLUS commission and what you put in, you get out. There is no cap to what you can earn – commissions are not capped!

Personally, I'll take the trade-off to enjoy coming to a place where I enjoy the people around me and the work I am doing. In my opinion, this is way more important than going to a place where everything, everyday is nothing but stress, stress, stress! We spend most of our time at our jobs and not to enjoy our job is ridiculous. When you enjoy your job, your stress level is lower and it's easier to concentrate on the other areas of your life that may need more attention, ie: family.

Advice to Management

Everyone in management, all the way up to the President and the CEO, is wonderful, accessible and wants to see EVERYONE do well! Continue to be accessible, nurturing and great cheerleaders!

2. "Account Manager"

I have been working at CreditRiskMonitor full-time

Pros

Great overall atmosphere and corporate culture .

Cons

Very low pay and long and involved sales process

Advice to Management

Increase base. Pay commissions to Account Managers at renewal.

"Overall a bad company"

I have been working at CreditRiskMonitor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't think of one good thing.

Cons

Management likes to keep their employees in the dark about business performance. For example, employees never hear about how business is going and management has been so neglectful to the point that they don't even publish the quarterly press release anymore. However, based on the last quarterly report its understandable. Sales are still stagnant and their bottom line is getting squeezed by higher healthcare and data provider costs.

Advice to Management

I have none to give.

CreditRiskMonitor Response

Feb 13, 2017 – President

I'm sorry you are having a bad experience. I'm also confused about your complaint "keeping employees in the dark about our business performance," because as a publicly listed US company we are... More

4. "Account executive"

I have been working at CreditRiskMonitor full-time

Pros

Nice people and no dress code

Cons

Having to sit all day and long sales cycle

5. "Nice management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Cottage, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Valley Cottage, NY

I worked at CreditRiskMonitor full-time

Pros

They give you a lot of responsibility and ownership. Hard work but satisfying.

Cons

Small co, limited in some ways.

Advice to Management

You are very caring. Thank you

"Don't Overlook Credit Risk Monitor"

Current Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in Valley Cottage, NY
    Current Employee - Junior Financial Analyst in Valley Cottage, NY

I have been working at CreditRiskMonitor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Credit Risk Monitor is a worthy organization with which to be affiliated. Employees are valued: They are cultivated for retention and growth. Management is hard working, capable and not above pitching in when staff workload is above the norm. The atmosphere is casual but the attitude is professional. The Company invests heavily in employees through on-going training. In this work environment, employees easily form positive bonds and there is a feeling of connectedness.

Cons

We need more staff. Credit Risk Monitor certainly makes its presence known within the industry. Thus, the workload is increasing and often difficult for the current staffing level. Yet the staff continually delivers with full effort. This is observed to be challenging for staff members and managers alike. It is apparent that the Company’s growth continually suggests headcount growth. Fortunately, the Company appears to maintain awareness and supports the need for additional staff as necessary and when feasible. That said, I have observed a remarkable union among staff and managers: everyone offers to help each other in a genuine display of concern.

Advice to Management

Management does a great job!!! Overall, just stick with the successful formula.
    Standard advice for ALL organizations and worth stating here: Although schedules are tight and there is always plenty of work yet to accomplish, please remember that with regard to performance, all employees benefit from hearing fitting positive observations as well as constructive criticism. Every now and then. 😊

7. "Financial Analyst"

I have been working at CreditRiskMonitor full-time

Pros

Overall a great learning experience. Plenty of responsibility and hard work is expected. You will meet many friendly, knowledgeable people across departments. Reputation/brand name is positive and expanding. Work/life balance is respected, which is also a big plus.

Cons

Do not have any cons currently.

"Great place to work! Love the atmosophere"

Pros

Working at CreditRiskMonitor has been memorable and fascinating. The company provides employees with a supportive environment, hands on training and very competitive pay rates and commissions. Employees are like one big happy family, Management is amazing, super friendly and very approachable. Company pizza day once a month, Happy hours, and fun team building exercises. The service offered is very reliable and will help you analyze any public company's financials in a heartbeat saving you a ton of time researching. This truly is a great company to work for.

Cons

I cant think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing because its working!

"Not good for long term"

Pros

Open door policy
    Causal dress and atmosphere
    Free pizza around the middle of the month
    Paid holidays
    You get to work from home when needed and during inclement weather
    Coworkers are good people

Cons

Some "managers", and I use that term loosely, don't have a clue how to run their department effectively. They let some of their employees run amok and behave however they want in the office which is totally unprofessional. There had been a couple of times when I was walking through a department and I heard some pretty heated exchanges between a worker and their superior. I'm not sure how the people in that department got any work done because I wouldn't have been able to. Some of them are also total hypocrites. They call you out on certain behaviors or errors in your work then they turn around and do it themselves. Also, people are never on the same page even when it comes to the simplest things, which can be really frustrating. The salary leaves much to be desired, the sales cycle is REALLY long so be prepared to work tirelessly to close sales, health insurance is really expensive and subpar and there are no 401k matching contributions. If you're looking for a place to get some experience then maybe you should consider this place but I wouldn't recommend you staying here long term.

Advice to Management

You should really re-evaluate who you have running your departments.

"You get out of it what you put into it!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Valley Cottage, NY

Pros

I have been at CreditRiskMonitor for almost six years. I knew from the moment I interviewed with them that I could be successful here, and I was right. It takes a while to get rolling but once you do, assuming you keep doing the basics, you can make quite a nice income. What are those basics? Work. Making calls is what it's all about and the people who thrive here, don't let up. Everyone starts on the same page, so for those who whine about the top producers getting the 'good leads' should take a look in the mirror. The top producers didn't start that way, they busted their tails to get there. This is the hardest I've worked in a sales job and the most fun I've had doing it. For everyone? Well . . . for everyone who isn't afraid to work. They give you the tools . . . you have to apply the torque.

Cons

It is a long sales cycle, but as I said before, once you get rolling it's on you to keep the balls in the air. That's really not a negative . . . it's just sales reality.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do.