Crimson Interactive Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Crimson Interactive CEO Sharad Mittal
Sharad Mittal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 5-day work week with 80% getting Saturday/Sunday off (in 4 reviews)

• Now with the five day working week it is quite easy to have work life balance (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Crimsonites must strive on maintaining their work-life balance (in 20 reviews)

• There is no work-life balance and the work is unfairly distributed (in 9 reviews)

"company"

Current Employee - Contract Freelancer
    Current Employee - Contract Freelancer

Pros

friendly managers, steady flow of work. Wide range of assignments. Some of them can be quite interesting.

Cons

pay can be better, deadlines can be les tight

"Complete lack of Integrity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

They occasionally pay on time and as agreed.

Cons

Punitive and seemingly arbitrary penalty system
    They outrightly lie about payment routing, pretending it is the fault of the bank.
    They exploit the skills of others.
    They will "throw you under the bus" and make you take the penalty for someone else's error.
    They are not above using Bullying tactics and deceit.
    They operate in very bad faith.
    No accountability!

Advice to Management

Act with Integrity and don't lie to people.

Show some respect for the skills of your contractors - remember they are doing a job you cannot, and that your company could NOT function without them.

Don't penalise the contractor for YOUR miscommunication with the client. You would never get away with such reprehensible business practices in a Western nation, and you know it.

"Don't believe the hype!"

Former Employee - Freelance Editor in Remote, OR
    Former Employee - Freelance Editor in Remote, OR

Pros

A good variety of work (but only because their pricing practices are biased toward clients and unfair to employees). BTW, you'll see some glowing reviews here, even some alleging that all the negative reviews are created by dummy accounts pursuing a vendetta against the company. Uh, no. It's the positive reviews that are created by dummy accounts--created, in fact, by the company itself, to bolster its score on this site. Don't believe them. The only good thing about this company is that if they like you, they'll keep you busy. Trouble is, they don't like anyone for very long--and the people who decide the company no longer likes you aren't qualified to assess the editing of grocery lists, let alone the editing of academic research papers.

Cons

They treat employees like dirt. If you're a freelancer who follows job sites for new clients, you'll notice that they place ads on a regular basis. There's a reason for that, and it isn't because they can't get good people--it's because they can't *keep* good people because they mistreat them. They insist that freelancers must be native English speakers, but their "quality control" department is run by a woman who is not, herself, a native speaker of English, nor does her staff consist of native English speakers. The finer points of English grammar, usage, and idiom are completely, utterly lost on these people. You can't even try to explain why their "evaluations" of your work are wrong, because they just don't get it. How the hell can anyone work in such an environment? In addition, they ask freelancers to provide your working hours--and then they ignore them. You'll get "urgent" requests to take on articles, due back in a few hours, in the middle of the night, your time. If you don't reply to their emails immediately, they'll call you. In the middle of the night. These people have zero respect for their freelancers' professionalism or their personal space. AVOID.

Advice to Management

Fire your entire QC department and hire native speakers of English. The department should include Americans, Brits, and Canadians, as these are the major nations in which English is the first language for most citizens. Respect your freelancers' qualifications and their work schedules.

"Low rate"

Pros

Working remotely and nothing else

Cons

This company pays almost "nothing." They send you assignments with very tight deadlines without offering premiums, as otherwise stated in their handbook. No room for negotiation or discussion. When I started the communication was better. I think something happened in the last six months.

"Americans Beware"

Former Employee - Academic Editor
    Former Employee - Academic Editor

I worked at Crimson Interactive part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You are able to work remotely. This is a great job if you have a home office.

Cons

These people do not pay you for work completed. They harass you constantly to edit papers at odd hours. Furthermore, if there is anything that they do not like about the paper that you edited, then they will not pay you.

6. "Editor"

Current Employee - Editor in Barcelona (Spain)
    Current Employee - Editor in Barcelona (Spain)

I have been working at Crimson Interactive (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work load and Salary of about 5K USD/month

Cons

I have no cons to report.

Advice to Management

Consider pay increases every 2-3 years or so.

"Nothing great in this Company - Don't Join."

I worked at Crimson Interactive full-time

Pros

Open office culture. You can come at your own time fill in 9 hours and leave.

Cons

- Zero corporate culture. No one considers your time and value.
    - Zero Processes, haphazard way to manage.
    - Zero work life balance
    - Zero professionalism - Zero Attire Code.
    - Management comes and removes frustration on subordinates.
    - Like a hotel room, any body come at any time and leaves late.
    - No Value for time, meeting can happen during Lunch times.
    - No value to innovations.
    - CEO micro manages everything.
    - Revenue based targets, if not achieved be ready to lose the job.
    - Experience is not that useful for external World jobs.

Advice to Management

- Pull up your socks and check why are people leaving your Company.

"Bad"

Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Client Service Associate in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Crimson Interactive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I could ever find

Cons

Joining the company was the biggest mistake

Advice to Management

get a degree

"A Journey To Remember...Thank you Crimson!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Associate in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Business Associate in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Crimson Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had joined Crimson as a fresher, directly after my graduation. The people here are very warm and welcoming; be it your colleagues, managers, leaders and also the CEO. During my journey with Crimson, I was always given plenty opportunities to grow and develop my knowledge and skills in my area of interest and expertise.

As a fresher, everything was new to me but this did not restrict my growth here. The management always recognized my commitment, my efforts and my will and always supported me as and when. I was never punished for my mistakes, in fact, I was thought to take them as lessons and move ahead.

Crimson is all about its enthusiastic, highly committed and crazy bunch of people! And I was the privileged one to be a part of this crazy family! Everyone here believes in the value of commitment and respect and this makes the family more unique and strong. People here are given liberty to share their opinions and YES! these opinions are definitely considered by the management.

It was very easy for me to walk-into the CEO's cabin and speak to him about the challenges I was facing. He listened to me every time and suggested how I should tackle these small obstacles. Isn't this surprising? A CEO spends time to understand ground level problems and he gives his best opinions to solve them but with you. I think this is the best culture that Crimson has developed.

I was always taught to THINK BIG, look at every thing from a larger perspective. My journey with Crimson has taught me a number of things and has definitely groomed me as a better professional.

If you believe in yourself, if you are self motivated, committed and you are ready to explore different opportunities, Crimson is the place for you.

Thank you Crimson.

Cons

Crimsonites must strive on maintaining their work-life balance.

Advice to Management

Great initiatives by the management; be it career planning, employee engagement activities (monthly celebrations, festive celebrations, health check-up, offsite etc.), continuous growth opportunities etc. Keep it up!

"This company is way too cheap"

I worked at Crimson Interactive part-time

Pros

- You can work from home

Cons

- Their rates are cheap compared with other companies, especially if you consider that some bank / paypal fees will then apply to your income.
    - You need to be patient regarding the payment process... you'll only get paid about 2 months after you've sent your edited document! And you won't necessary receive the full amount (some subjective penalties may apply as well as some discounts that they offer to their customers).
    - Turnaround time are about 12-15 hrs after you accepted to edit the paper. When you have a badly written of 4,000 words to edit, how to they want you to do a good job in such a short amount of time?

Advice to Management

- pay your freelancers at a decent rate (i.e., more than the minimum wage) and give them more time to do their job
    - don't ask freelancer to cover for your discounts (it's not their problem!)