Crowley Reviews

Updated May 17, 2022

Found 303 of over 348 reviews

4.0
Crowley Chairman, President, and CEO Tom Crowley Jr.
Tom Crowley Jr.

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Crowley has good benefits and the overall values are great.(in 50 reviews)
  • "Good pay and higher from within(in 22 reviews)
  • "Most of the employees are good people and great to work with.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Great, friendly work environment(in 11 reviews)
  • "The people and culture are great!(in 8 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management don't recommend to work inside it at all.(in 13 reviews)
  • "Cant think of anything bad salary is kind of under industry standards but its a good ship owner to work for.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Poor performers know that there is no recourse for their actions and to use certain buzzwords that will have their managers and HR concerned about lawsuits.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Upper management is blind to a lot of what goes on.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Nepotism is prevalent in senior leadership roles, but recent changes have made steps in the right direction(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Crowley and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

May 13, 2022 - Transportation Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking, privately owned, solid team environment

Cons

Slow moving on decision making

Continue reading
  2. 5.0

Great company

May 9, 2022 - Director, Business Development in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trust, family, community, access to decision makers

Cons

Slow, top-heavy organization that needs new blood.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Review

May 6, 2022 - Transportation Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of opportunities around the country and surrounding areas

Cons

Not many opportunities for supervisor roles

4. 4.0

Solid Company

Apr 13, 2022 - Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Time off, Stable company, decent benefits

Cons

upward movement can be challenging

Employee Experience Analyst

We are pleased to hear that you value the benefits package and stability at Crowley. Employee growth and development is an important aspect of Crowley's culture. While Crowley has high tenure overall with many employees choosing to remain for lengthy periods of time it is also important to infuse the business with new ideas and diverse perspectives within all levels of the company. We thank you for your feedback.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company, low pay

May 17, 2022 - Coordinator in Medley, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was hired as a coordinator at fresh. Im an older person but apparently have to be a young and beautiful woman to work here and not get fired. On my first day I was surprised to see the young office girls dressed in skimpy clothes because Crowley has such a big reputation in the industry and is known for professionalism. It looked like a brothel and obviously this is a male dominated industry so the supervisors dont mind. I was severely overworked and underpaid. Superviors have practically zero control over anything that happens so chain of command means nothing here. They have a revolving door, so I was just one of many people that their employment was cut short.

Cons

Chaotic environment. low pay. unprofessional and messy environment.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

People are quitting because of lack of pay.

Apr 26, 2022 - Chief Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

At one time, schedule, time off, knew when you were going to get time off, support from management.

Cons

Major loss of talent due to lack of pay, schedule uncertain, management and labor relations not being respectful, responsible, or responsive to crews or other employees.

Continue reading

Employee Experience Analyst

We appreciate your 10+ years of service with Crowley and thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We are sorry to hear that your recent experience has been unsatisfactory and we would like to learn more about it. We encourage you to reach out to marine personnel management to discuss your thoughts and ideas on how we can improve. Retention is a top priority and any feedback we can get from the fleet is greatly appreciated.

7. 5.0

Great Company

Mar 29, 2022 - Second Mate DPO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work atmosphere, great people.

Cons

Travel pay over is complicated.

Employee Experience Analyst

We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the people and work atmosphere at Crowley. We are always looking to improve our processes and would love to hear your recommendations on how the travel pay process can be improved. Please reach out to your crewing team with your suggestions. We thank you for your feedback.

8. 5.0

Great company

Mar 22, 2022 - Transportation Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some pros I see are Insurance, culture, people, growth

Cons

The pay is on the lower end of the work force.

Employee Experience Analyst

We are pleased to hear that you value the Crowley culture, people, benefits, and growth opportunities. It is important to us that all of our employees feel welcomed and taken care of. Our compensation team works hard to keep salaries competitive with those in the marketplace and participates in various salary surveys to ensure our salaries are aligned with others in the industry. We appreciate your feedback.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Company

Mar 29, 2022 - Operations Supervisor in Gulfport, MS
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, work with all different nationalities, great benefits

Cons

Gulfport is small, so growth can be slow, but if you aren’t worried about growth, I wouldn’t have any cons.

Employee Experience Analyst

We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the company culture, workforce diversity, and benefits package at Crowley. We thank you for your feedback.

10. 4.0

Solid Company

Mar 10, 2022 - Communications Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, great time off moderate chance to advance

Cons

Fairly high turnover and 50% of job is deployments away from home. Pay significantly reduced when not deployed.

Employee Experience Analyst

We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying the benefits package, paid time off, and advancement opportunities at Crowley. We stay true to our culture by offering benefits that take care of our employees and development opportunities to support career growth. We understand that work-life balance can be difficult for our mariners, and whole heartedly appreciate all that you do and the sacrifices that are made. Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 303 Reviews

Crowley Reviews FAQs

Crowley has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 348 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Crowley to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Crowley employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Crowley. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

81% of Crowley employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Crowley 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Crowley to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Crowley Job Seekers