DCP Midstream LP Reviews

Updated Jun 30, 2020

2.9
DCP Midstream LP Chairman, President, & CEO Wouter van Kempen (no image)
Wouter van Kempen
Pros
  • "Company is trying to make meaningful change to process and culture by changing the way they operate; Hard work is definitely rewarded; Good benefits(in 27 reviews)

• "Great company that offers good pay and benefits(in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management constantly communicates the company vision (which is innovative and promising) in a series of buzzwords(in 13 reviews)

• "High turnover in accounting and FP&A(in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company to work for for 23 + years"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Finance Systems Analyst in Carthage, TX

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working for DCP for the last 23+ years has been very fulfilling. I have had good supervisors and co-workers for the full extent of my employment. The pay has always been comparable and the benefits and environment have been above expectations. I have always been very happy with DCP's position as far as technology and driving change in the industry.

Cons

I agree that change is hard. It was hard losing friends during the last VSP but I am very proud of how DCP used the VSP as a way to help those friends transition.

September 5, 2019Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your commitment of 23+ years with DCP. We’ve had to make tough decisions, in order to get us closer to becoming the safest, most efficient midstream service provider. We’ve always kept our employees top of mind through every decision we’ve made. It’s through the support and hard work our employees have put in, that we’re seeing the amazing results of our strategy. Thank you again for your commitment and sharing your feedback with us.

2. "GREAT Company"

5.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources Data Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All of my immediate co-workers were great! My immediate supervisors were also great, open-minded, and always wanted to do the best for me to make sure I succeeded and happy in my role. All of the upper leaderships stayed focus and were very transparent (as much as they can). Benefits/pay/etc were very good.

Cons

Long hours at times but very rewarding

June 24, 2020Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs

Thanks for the insights and we appreciate your three years in our HR department. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

3. "Senior UX Designer"

Former Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot. Great pay and benefits. Great people.

Cons

Very political oil and gas. Decisions are unilateral. Everyone is making the best decision they can because they are given the ability to do so. When a product is finally launched too much time has past and the consultants that had made decisions on a whim are impossible to fix. Time is wasted.

Continue reading
  4. "It was OK for a couple years. Then it got old....and frustrating."

Former Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was good. Benefits were good.

Cons

Too many projects and initiatives without focus. Strategy was never clearly conveyed. Very slow career progression, even for high performers, unless you are one of the chosen few. You are more likely to be pigeon holed in your position if you are really good at it and are willing to take on additional responsibility. Too many changes in management for frontline staff.

June 24, 2020Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs

We are grateful for your feedback and for your over five years at DCP. We are committed to ensuring we not only recruit and retain the industry's top talent, but that we also work to develop our employees to fully achieve their potential. Through robust succession planning and internal leadership development programs, we are focused on long-term success for our company and our people's careers.

5. "It’s an easy job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time

Pros

The job is very easy

Cons

The pay is very low

6. "Recent Review"

Current Employee - Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance and professional coworkers.

Cons

Unable to retain employees, high level of turnover.

7. "PSV Coordinator"

Former Employee - Reliability Specialist- in Midland, TX

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere, people, and company

Cons

Like a lot of companies they let go a lot of good people during the down turn.

June 24, 2020Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs

We appreciate your feedback about our culture and company. Despite the significant measures we took to manage an unprecedented external environment, including reducing our distribution, growth capital, and costs, we made the extremely difficult decision to implement workforce reductions. We continue to prioritize safe and reliable operations, and a strong company culture, while positioning the company for long-term sustainability.

8. "Great place"

4.0
    Former Employee - Corporate Security Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company that offers good pay and benefits

Cons

The industry is volatile. When its good, its really good. But, not so much when its bad.

June 24, 2020Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time at DCP. Though commodity-based industries do experience volatility, DCP is unwavering in our commitment to safety, our culture, and quality customer service.

9. "Flexible work environment but reactive"

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time

Pros

Safety first is a priority. Flexible work schedules. Great benefits.

Cons

First sign of trouble, they are reactive. Employees are not the priority in bad conditions, only the bottom line.

June 24, 2020Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs

Thank you for your feedback. Our strong focus on safety is rooted in a deep sense of care for our employees, which we work to extend through all of our initiatives and priorities. As we continue to navigate the challenging environment and market volatility of 2020, we are dedicated to continuing to ensure our employees can thrive while enhancing the long-term sustainability and success of our great company.

10. "Run Away, Run Away"

1.0
    Former Employee - Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at DCP Midstream LP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Headquarters are in Denver Colorado

Cons

With the departure of Brian Fredrick the company is in freefall from an employee standpoint and is especially not the place where you would want to work if you are an engineer....you will only be mistreated. All the good people are fleeing and is now becoming a place where hard work is not respected, but talking the talk is. Caring for it's people has now become the lowest priority as the CEO drives for his own personal glory. Internal promotions have disappeared and evidently anyone from outside is better than our own people. Not a place to work that I would suggest to anyone.

June 24, 2020Senior Director, Communications & Public Affairs

Thank you for your eight years at DCP and we appreciate your feedback. As we continue to transform as a company and prioritize a world-class culture, we have focused on building trust and a high level of transparency throughout the organization. We currently host weekly leadership meetings, monthly all employee calls, and a weekly engagement with our executives. Our goal is to ensure our employees are aligned with our strategy and that we are constantly incorporating their feedback into our approach. Without the steadfast determination and innovative thinking from our people, we would not be the same company today. Thank you for being part of that effort for so many years and we wish you all the best in the future.

Found 222 reviews