DDC Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
B.R. McConnon

1. "Associate"

I have been working at DDC full-time

Pros

Wonderful team to work with; supervisors always willing to answer any questions

Cons

The pay could be better

Advice to Management

Make Associate pay consistent with average Associate pay in DC

2. "Associate"

Pros

Some of the most intellectual and caring colleagues I've ever had. The opportunities are here and your manager will encourage you to pursue them.

Cons

The pay is on the lower end for the type of work and the city.

3. "Project Manager"

I worked at DDC full-time

Pros

Some great people work at DDC. Lots of fun to be around and most are very professional. DC location is nice and Metro accessible. Close to lots of bars and restaurants.

Cons

They should not call the job I was asked to do "project management". To do the role - which is to manage website builds and database setups, you need to do a little bit of everything and be ready to interact with clients and sales. More than anything, you are an action item taker, list check off person. The campaign team and sales are the only ones that are listened to. I'm not sure this is wise. They are quick to take credit, but many of their ideas go astray and they do not take the blame for it - ever. I left because I wanted to be a real project manager.

Advice to Management

Rename the project manager position as a web solutions consultant or similar so that you can position it correctly and get the right people. You don't need certified project managers, you need pretty junior people who are able to talk to clients and web designers and stay in their lane.

"Great company, great experience!"

I worked at DDC full-time

Pros

Incredible people who truly care about you as a person; very fun, team-oriented work environment. Definitely expected to take on your share of work, almost everyone is willing to lend a helping hand and welcomes you with open arms. Ideal work culture. Benefit plans recently changed and aren't quite as good, but this is a result of the company being acquired, which speaks more to the impressive benefit packages that were offered pre-acquisition. Human Resources department did a great of communicating these changes out and making sure the transition was seamless. Great PTO policy. Location of the office recently changed and they are now located a couple blocks from the White House, pretty cool digs!

Cons

Younger talent takes on much more work than upper-management. Many managers would benefits from training on best management practices. On the lower end of compensation offering in DC.

Advice to Management

Younger talent takes on much more work than upper-management. Many managers would benefits from training on best management practices. Could give a bit more consideration to the voice of their employees.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I worked at DDC (Less than a year)

Pros

The only real pros I can say during my employment was the friendliness and camaraderie of non-managerial colleagues, and the occasional free happy hours.

Cons

No work/life balance and poor management. No surprise for the high turnover rate. If you are not in a supervisor role, be prepared to viewed as nothing more than a door mat. Compensation is low compared to other companies in area.

Advice to Management

Be upfront with potential hires and value the employees who are not in supervisor roles.

"After 2 weeks I knew I made a bad decision"

I worked at DDC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired on as a PM...I left after a short time. People were generally nice.

Cons

Sorry but after 8 years of work experience I was put in a 4x4 cubicle. While junior HR girls had nice offices??? Senior staff that have been there 10+ years were sitting in cubes too, While newbies had corner offices. Training was almost non-existent.

Advice to Management

Managers and people with seniority should be given spaces of their own. How can you have proper client calls or interactions when you cube mate is 2 feet from your face. Makes no sense.

"Associate"

I worked at DDC full-time

Pros

Gives you a chance to gain experience in client work and working with difficult team members.

Cons

DDC has no loyalty to its employees, unless they're already SVPs. Most high-up team members micro-manage and end up striving for perfection so much that nothing gets accomplished.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees and create a better work culture where your employees aren't terrified to speak about the abuse that is going on.

"Not for the faint of heart"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at DDC (More than 3 years)

Pros

Casual dress code. Promotion potential for junior staff.

Cons

Work/life balance is nonexistent. Junior staff base pay is low. Morale is low. Reorganizations occur frequently. Company does not train new employees.

Advice to Management

Conduct a serious, anonymous survey of employee sentiment and morale.

"Never ceases to amaze"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Some great people, good location, casual dress.

Cons

Cut corners at every possible chance, do not invest in talent, every person is viewed as replaceable and their salaries therefore mirror that mindset, zero work life balance, zero employee appreciation (minus happy hours that hr throws for themselves).

Advice to Management

Reorganizations do not solve your problems. You have a morale problem that you need to address.

11. "Good people overall"

Former Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Business Development in Washington, DC

I worked at DDC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice folks who were generally smart, pro-active and able to work in a team environment.

Cons

The management team seemed indecisive and the promotion of young, unqualified people to positions of responsibility was ill-conceived.