DLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 6, 2018

4.2
Tom Sweeney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This unique model offers a good work life balance and an opportunity to work with multiple organizations in different capacities" (in 6 reviews)

• "The internal staff is easily the best in the business" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I cannot think of any, sometimes commutes can be long but that has become the norm everywhere" (in 9 reviews)

• "Oh yeah, if you get a client continually extended they collect the checks and you have to fight with them for your business development bonus" (in 2 reviews)

1. "One Of the Best Places to Work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My client services career spans almost 2 decades and encompasses the Big 4 accounting firms, fortune 100 companies and many other sort after employers........however I can emphatically say that DLC is one of my favorite!

While there are many variables that make a company a great place to work, in my opinion, the people variable is highly underrated. And that is where
    DLC truly shines, the culture and people are second to none! I can honestly say that every single person I have interacted with at DLC is amazing! From the CEO to the support staff to my fellow consultants.......everyone is simply exceptional and it is truly an honor and privilege to be part of such a phenomenal organization.

Additionally, the clients you get to work on and the related work experience you gain is priceless and the skills you develop enhance you both individually and professionally. The compensation and benefits are competitive as well and I would strongly recommend DLC to anyone.

Cons

I cannot think of any, sometimes commutes can be long but that has become the norm everywhere.

Advice to Management

Thank you for making DLC a truly exceptional place I am proud to call home!

2. "Meh"

I have been working at DLC full-time

Pros

Decent pay as much as others but whatever

Cons

Small as a whole but can be bigger

Advice to Management

Use it or lose it.

3. "Finance & Accounting Consultant"

I have been working at DLC full-time

Pros

Exposure to different industries.

Cons

Some projects at clients were not challenging

4. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They pay well, projects are good and if you perform well they will take care of you.

Cons

There is no verity, you can be on the same project for years. Growth opportunities are limited.

5. "Fourth Year Strong"

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My first three years with DLC went by in a blink, hard to believe I was with the same fabulous client all that time and had such an incredible ride! The Pros? An incredible client roster that continues to evolve and grow; a consultant network that's solid, strong and supportive; an incredible CEO that really cares - he'll spend his time one-on-one providing professional and personal feedback; support staff that's responsive - there for the team. DLC takes care of their people. I've never been happier in my career!

Cons

If you seek a consultant lifestyle with a solid backing, I can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Love the professional development opportunities and certification training - keep expanding these offerings!

6. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Constant learning and professional development
    Great work/life balance
    Best in class back office support
    Very competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

Commute can be long at time
    Some projects can be less challenging

"Excited and Blessed to be here in my 3rd Year"

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

4 industries, 5 clients across Fortune 1000, and 6 projects spanning across all key areas (accounting & operations, financial reporting, FP&A, and currently an ERP implementation) in a little over 2 years. Not to mention the diverse exposure to new systems under my belt and all of the genuine professionals, both internal and external, that have grown within my network. As a formal auditor who worked on several clients across various industries, I can conclude without a doubt, there is no other company or position that could have offered this type of diverse, value-added experience to my career within that same window of time. Time is our most precious asset, and DLC offers a unique full-time, salaried model that compensates every billable hour worked with full benefits (medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401K, bonus incentives, etc).

Cons

It appears that the most common con among other reviews is the commute. Although this is out of our control as consultants, our Business Development team does a great job trying to minimize our commute and to limit an "above-average" commute every 3-4 project rotations. In my own personal experience, they have been very receptive to our concerns and cognizant of this when placing us on our next project.

Advice to Management

As our CEO has always said, it's our people that make us as great as we are. Not just the consultants but this includes our internal team (HR, Admin, CSDs, etc) and our affiliates (Beacon and Kranz). Continue to hire the right talent and the right people so that we can continue this growth!

8. "3 years complete; DLC still proves to be the best career move"

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great internal team (HR, Consultancy Advisory Board, Business Development Group, New Hire Partner Mentorship, etc.), great candid relationship with CEO, great project opportunities, great resources to maintain or pursue professional certifications.

Cons

3 years have been completed and I have yet to come across a con about working here. I’ve come across reviews that say commute is an issue, however, having experience with a Big4 Firm or clients that are relatively distant is something that I’ve been accustomed to, so no real issues here.

Advice to Management

As always, thank you DLC for always putting the needs and interests of the consultant talent as priority. Thank you for all the resources that you make available for me (DLC Connect, Skillsoft, CPE, PDU) in order to pursue or maintain my professional certifications. Finally, thank you for always proving that being a consultant with DLC is the best career move I’ve made. Looking forward to the years ahead!

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked for DLC for 11 years now, and there are several reasons why I stay:
    1.) The CEO is awesome. He cares about every employee, and tries to make the firm feel more like FAMILY than a business.
    2.) Respect. DLC is a place where if you work hard, you will be rewarded. I'm a prime example. I do the work, and the company takes care of me....period.
    3.) Benefits: Full Benefit package including 401(k). How many Consulting firms can boast that?
    4.) The internal staff is easily the best in the business...anything and everything you need, they will take care of you.

Cons

Commutes can be a little long depending on where you live, however, there is a Commute "bonus" to help offset some of the negative here.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything...As I've stated, the firm has been there for me for 11 years, and has taken very good care of me. I couldn't ask for more from a place of employment.

10. "A Long/Enduring Partnership as a Consultant with A Professional Finance Organization"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Employment security undergirded by employment contract with consultants; you are paid whether or not you are assigned to a client giving you peace of mind and stability.
    -Consultant force rivals the best in the finance arena; the majority are CPAs and Or MBAs from top tier schools
    -Variety of assignments with Fortune 100 clients including system implementation, financial reporting, process improvement, mergers/acquisitions, and backfiling of financial manager roles
    -Great benefits including vacation (reaches over 20 days after 5 years), health insurance, life insurance, bonuses for new business and new recruitment, firm wide bonus paid to 401K each year (matching not required)
    -Flat organization - all consultants have direct reporting relationship to CEO. -Engagement content and management is the client's responsibility, with DLC client liaisons responsible for securing engagements and engagement administration.
    -Commute compensation provided for long and/or lengthy commutes to/from Clients
    -Training for software skills, certifications (e.g. CPA, PMP, etc.) and others are provided
    -With the consultant staff approaching 200 persons in 3 locations (Southern California, Northern California, and Chicago opportunities will continue to abound.

Cons

-Some clients get use to great DLC consultants, and it is hard to pry them away leading to long engagements. This can make providing a variety of experiences with Clients challenging at times.
    - DLC consultant organization usually does not hire beginners, median experience is 5 years or greater
    -If you are looking for a way to climb the ladder in terms of position/salary, you should not expect this at DLC; consultants with long tenures at DLC had usually already been on the corporate ladder and already have a good salary base when they are hired in. This is a good place to get off the Corporate Ladder and still have great compensation and benefits.
    -Connectedness between management and consultants is challenging given that consultants are always at client sites.

Advice to Management

-Continue to improvement training offerings for consultants
    -Continue to improve connectedness and communication between staff, client liaisons, and consultants