DLC Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tom Sweeney

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Simply put: I have found for myself a unique work experience here at DLC, and it has been, so far, my favorite career opportunity. My position as a DLC consultant is a combination of the best aspects of my days at public accounting and industry. From public accounting, it allows me to utilize my client-service skills, it provides me with more opportunities for continued learning and skills-enhancement and it rewards me for business development. From industry, it offers me the opportunity to roll-up my sleeves and dive into the details when necessary and it offers me a better work-life balance.

Though I've been 100% utilized since joining the firm, I appreciate the consulting model the Firm has adopted where I will continue to receive salary while on the bench.

Cons

I personally don't have any. I do see others have "commute" listed as a con. Commutes don't bother me, as I knew going into consulting that commuting to various clients would be part of the experience.

"Corporate Finance Consulting"

Former Employee - Finance Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Finance Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at DLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of industries and build a huge network of contacts in a fairly short period of time. It was a huge boost to my career and I highly recommend putting in some time at DLC. I'm really grateful for the opportunities they provided. A professionally run and efficient company with talented management. .

Cons

Depending on where you live, commutes can get rough.

As with any sort of consulting firm, the quality of the assignments vary.

Sometimes it is difficult to stay engaged when on the bench.

Advice to Management

There is opportunity to build consulting teams with specializations, could be a growth area for the firm to build 'consulting teams'

"Skin Pushers"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Perception in the market place that DLC offers higher caliber talent

Cons

-Temp firm - Not a consulting firm
    -Management will try to hamstring you come contract time to protect their bonuses because managing directors are sales professionals and not true consultants
    -They use the production bonus (which is really overtime hours) as a sales pitch and then use it as a tool to negotiate against you if contract renewal is at a slow time (i.e. they say they won't pay your production bonus unless you do what they want). Pretty sure it is illegal to pay overtime consistently across the company and then say you are not going to pay overtime (excuse me, "production bonus") at contract negotiation time, that may backfire if anyone every calls them on it with the labor board
    -Engagements are truly temp in nature and hit or miss. If the engagement is horrible and you indicate you are looking for more interesting work they always say it is a "bad time". Clients can treat consultants poorly and DLC will do nothing but tell the consultant to stay put because they are collecting massive margins.
    -Oh yeah, if you get a client continually extended they collect the checks and you have to fight with them for your business development bonus. If you don't get the client extended the sales professionals act like something is wrong with you for not doing their job for them.
    -Career advancement is not realistic unless you create the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Can a leopard change its spots? If so stop making sales and your P&L number one and start treating your consultants with respect.

5. "DLC's business model is amazing, both for the clients they serve and the Consultants they employ!"

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Finance & Accounting Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above bar competitive salaries and bonus incentives. Personal career growth continuously and quickly obtained through the business structure.

Cons

Client commutes, which range, can sometimes be rough, but compensation for this only con is provided which again makes this firm one of thee best!!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the high level of communication and transparency, as well as organizing fun events for all to enjoy "outside" the office.

"Horrible Place to Work"

Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at DLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

every now and then you'll be offered something interesting.
    benefits are ok.

Cons

Probably the worst of the consulting firms to choose from. They will low ball you with opportunities. Will say the pay is $65-$85/hour. What they don't tell you they are likely charging the client $150/hr. The Client Service Directors don't care about you. They treat you like a number and will tell you whatever you want to hear so you may consider taking the job.

Advice to Management

Just give up and close up shop. There are too many firms that do a better job at what you do. Being 4th fiddle in this space and lying your consultants will catch up with you.

7. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Excellent team! Everyone is fun, energetic and smart! Great interview experience. Fantastic clients and opportunities. This company offers long term career and development opportunities.

Cons

There's great opportunity here. Fantastic environment, there's not a downside I see yet for motivated hard working people.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The staff is outstanding!

8. "Steroid for your professional career"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I joined DLC because I wanted to grow both professionally and personally. During my professional career with DLC, I’ve worked with companies both large and small with revenues ranging from multi-billion dollars to pre IPO. I’ve established and built accounting and finance teams and also assisted with company reorganization and reduction in force. I’ve worked in many diverse industries including healthcare, technology, manufacturing, medical device, and retail. I love working with colleagues who are just as dedicated to assisting our clients as I am. Whenever I complete an engagement, I am satisfied knowing that I was a part of the client’s success.

Cons

Client commute may be challenging for some.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Consultant in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Finance and Accounting Consultant in Irvine, CA

Pros

I have been a Finance and Accounting Consultant with DLC Inc. for over 10 years. I have worked on a broad range of finance projects in a variety of industries. I have been able to utilize my finance, accounting and project management knowledge and skills in most of the projects. It is great to be part of a network of professional and experienced people dedicated to making positive changes and adding value to clients. The compensation package is very competitive with opportunities to earn additional compensation through various business development initiatives. The internal staff are very understanding of consultant needs and support them through various forums. In short: Love the Company.

Cons

Not really a Con: This place is good only for hard working and dedicated finance professionals who go to work each day feeling that they own this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire excellent finance professionals and adding clients with challenging and interesting project contents.

10. "2nd Year Completed.. Signed, Sealed, Delivered!"

Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Consultant in Woodland Hills, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Completed my 2nd year and DLC continues to prove how great this company is. The resources available to maintain and pursue professional certifications, the connectivity/networking opportunities, the internal initiatives (i.e. New Hire Partner Program) that help newer consultants acclimate to the firms culture, the recognition, etc. make this a great place to work. Not many can say they have the opportunity to have face time with a down-to-earth CEO, but, this firm does just that. The internal team is always supportive and available when needed. Great customer satisfaction evaluations and positive on the spot feedback from my clients is the very least I can do to express my gratitude.

Cons

None. Such a great company to be apart of and to represent. Great vision/outlook (Many thanks Tom!), great internal team, great incentives, and exceptional benefits.

Advice to Management

Thank you DLC for everything that you have done and continue to do for my professional development. You continue to provide opportunities that have helped me expand my skill sets. You.. Are.. Exceptionally Great!

11. "Love My Firm"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at DLC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Senior Management, Exciting engagements, Superb Internal Staff, Good benefits

Cons

There are none...great company for which to work!!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!